Jump to content
arjun

[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, gmanu555 said:

Tower and innards only.

 

 

Okay, cool. Hold up for a couple days then. Wait for the cheaper B450 motherboards to show up. They will be perfectly suited to your needs. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Guys, what's a good budget motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400 processor? 

 

A good B360 chipset based motherboard from any of your preferred AiB partner is golden. Cheers! 

 

In fact, even this looks good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 
A good B360 chipset based motherboard from any of your preferred AiB partner is golden. Cheers! 
 
In fact, even this looks good. 


Can't seem to open that link but the Asus h370 board sells for 10k on MD computers, is it worth going for that for a processor costing 14k?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Can't seem to open that link but the Asus h370 board sells for 10k on MD computers, is it worth going for that for a processor costing 14k?

 

 

 

Nope, if you are building a new system, wait for the B450 boards from AMD to show up and then make a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Guys, what's a good budget motherboard for Intel Core i5 8400 processor? 

 

If you can, wait for i5 9400 launch in ~september, new series will have hardware level spectre fixes. Current Intel gen is doomed and will get slower overtime due to software based bug fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

 

Okay, cool. Hold up for a couple days then. Wait for the cheaper B450 motherboards to show up. They will be perfectly suited to your needs. Cheers! 

 

A good B360 chipset based motherboard from any of your preferred AiB partner is golden. Cheers! 

 

In fact, even this looks good. 

 

Thanks! I found out that the boards for this generation of Intel processors is quite expensive. Since this is for a friend who's on a budget, he'll probably settle for a 7th Gen processor with a basic Gigabyte motherboard. 

 

4 hours ago, G33kgamer said:

 

If you can, wait for i5 9400 launch in ~september, new series will have hardware level spectre fixes. Current Intel gen is doomed and will get slower overtime due to software based bug fixes.

 

Unfortunately, it's for a friend who needs an urgent overhaul as his current rig is dead. So planning to grab the part urgently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Unfortunately, it's for a friend who needs an urgent overhaul as his current rig is dead. So planning to grab the part urgently. 
From the research I have been doing myself regarding a cpu upgrade going for a 7th generation cpu right now is just utter waste of money especially if it's not a 7700k. The 8th generation beat it and how. I would say definitely wait if you can or at least get a Gen 1 ryzen

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

From the research I have been doing myself regarding a cpu upgrade going for a 7th generation cpu right now is just utter waste of money especially if it's not a 7700k. The 8th generation beat it and how. I would say definitely wait if you can or at least get a Gen 1 ryzen

 

I have been out of the upgrade loop for far too long. So I've honestly not even looked at the current trend. His current GPU is GTX750Ti and the gaming needs are kind of basic, so even recommending him a 7th Gen i5 seems like an overkill, truth be told. I mean, even my age old 3rd Gen i5 paired with a GTX970 holds up to this day. So he should have no problem to breeze through it.

 

I suggested AMD, but he has had a bad history with AMD combo before this, so is hesitant with the brand. So Intel it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does anyone here use a 3GB graphics card like the older AMD R9 2XX/3XX or the GTX 1060 3GB? How's your experience on 1080p on a multitude of titles? 
If you are buying a card now I would suggest not going for the 3gb ones, paying a little more would get you a 6gb gtx 1060 and that is honestly the one you should get.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I am looking to upgrade my monitor. Budget is 20k tops. 

 

Freesync and 75 HZ is required. Dont need 144hz cause GPU probably couldnt crank that anyway. Aside from that larger screen would be preferable (27 would be great, willing to settle for 24 if the other features make up for it). 1080p is fine, no need for QHD or 4K. 

Edited by Aftrunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need a casual gaming system for 50K. Building from scratch. 1440p gaming at high settings ( No ultra with bells and whistles on )

Not looking to upgrade for 2 years. If SSD + HDD possible then great or else just HDD is fine. Can a UPS fit in the budget just enough to shut down the system? If not, I will purchase UPS outside the budget.

Looking for older steam and retail pc games over last 5 years and new games that come out like shooter and casual games ( KB + Mouse type games ). I have a PS4 so games release on console will be played on PS4. Like if I had the PC, i would have preferred Division 2 for PC than PS4. 

@ALPHA17

Edited by puns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to build a good 1440p gaming rig now that Ryzen 3000 is out. Any comments on the following?

 

 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (₹31599.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (₹11699.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
 

A few suggestions/questions:

1. What would be a g ood1440p freesync monitor? 

2. Should I go with the 3700x or the 3600x? I am primarily looking at gaming with some programming thrown it. Want to know if the extra money will be worth it in the long run. 

3. 2070 Super vs 2060 Super. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Want to build a good 1440p gaming rig now that Ryzen 3000 is out. Any comments on the following?

 

 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (₹31599.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (₹11699.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
 

A few suggestions/questions:

1. What would be a g ood1440p freesync monitor? 

2. Should I go with the 3700x or the 3600x? I am primarily looking at gaming with some programming thrown it. Want to know if the extra money will be worth it in the long run. 

3. 2070 Super vs 2060 Super. 

 

I'm not an expert but sounds good. Also, Ive seen the RAM sticks go for lower on Amazon itself....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Want to build a good 1440p gaming rig now that Ryzen 3000 is out. Any comments on the following?

 

 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (₹31599.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (₹11699.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
 

A few suggestions/questions:

1. What would be a g ood1440p freesync monitor? 

2. Should I go with the 3700x or the 3600x? I am primarily looking at gaming with some programming thrown it. Want to know if the extra money will be worth it in the long run. 

3. 2070 Super vs 2060 Super. 

 

Either go with the 3700x or the 3600.. The 3600x does not have any significant benefit over the 3600..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...