Demon's Souls

KnackChap

erm, Mage is actually overpowered at the beginning. Later on you will have a lot of difficult with it. I think the problem is that you used up all your items. I used to save the unless I was absolutely sure of my survival.

If you want a mixed class then go for Royal, melee focused characters like Knight (what I took) will be 10 times tougher at these levels.

erm, Mage is actually overpowered at the beginning. Later on you will have a lot of difficult with it. I think the problem is that you used up all your items. I used to save the unless I was absolutely sure of my survival.

If you want a mixed class then go for Royal, melee focused characters like Knight (what I took) will be 10 times tougher at these levels.

i also saved everything for the last :unsure:

mage makes 1-1 a cakewalk,i took royal and the soul arrow killed almost everything in 1 single shot in 1-1.

take royal as it starts at SL 1 and you can twist it to become any character you want to.

generally in this game , melee is quite tough as compared to ranged/magic attacks.

btw i tried to help others by dropping the blue stone in 4-1 and the guy that summoned me planned with a black phantom to kill me after i helped him to kill vanguard :naughty:

Killing enemies with spells is easy but keeping the MP up is a problem. Also I am not able to use any other weapons or shields except the default ones my character came with.

Let's see let me give Royal a shot.

Thanks guys.

Killing enemies with spells is easy but keeping the MP up is a problem. Also I am not able to use any other weapons or shields except the default ones my character came with.

Let's see let me give Royal a shot.

Thanks guys.

hahaha, let me give you some perks :naughty:

The royal class,has a helmet called a silver coronet that increases your mana capacity

Also it comes with a ring called a fragrant ring that restores mana with time,so you can wait in a spot for your mana to be restored.

Also i also couldn't equip anything with my royal,well almost everything that was an upgrade.

Played for 5 hours straight. After getting my a*s repeatedly kicked I finally managed to reach Phalanx who pwned me twice before forcing me to call it a day. Now I am stuck with no items and almost no souls. Lost around 3K souls thanks to the red-eyed Knight. I tried to act brave and confronted him. So any tips for Phalanx? Note that I have no items and no fire bombs and it sucks that I cannot level up at this point. I can go and grind for some souls and buy some items though.

Anyways, I am liking the game. It has that "let me try this for just one more time" quality to it. And I know this is just the beginning. I totally agree with bul about playing it slowly and dealing with each enemy carefully. It's probably the only way to survive. There were times when I tried to act all badass but was promptly pwned by the enemy.

I'm playing as a Mage btw. I love the Flamethrower spell but unfortunately I keep running out of Mana.

You're a mage with a flame spell and Phalanx is weak to fire. Do the math. Go in - kill a few of the phalangeals and Phalanx will be exposed. Spam fire. If you can get a couple of spices from Boldwin (they're 350 souls I think) that will help.

Don't wuss out and start a new character. Be a man and get killed a few more times. I am still a mage. Mage's have it super easy with bosses - firestorm (much later) is usually one hit wonder. I killed Phalanx the first time but getting to him took 7 hours. And keep grinding - you will get lots of crescent grasses from the first few enemies. The blue knights always give you a half moon grass. You can get some firebombs from the guy at the top of the staircase on the right (near the lever which opens Phalanx's gate).

The game has the DII quality - one more horde to test yourself. Even in level 70 with Warding cast I don't try to go commando - I learnt that the hard way in world 5, world 3, world 4, yeah pretty much all of them.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah I understand Phalanx is weak against fire but I am out of Old Spice (LOL, I remember Carmina Burana every time) and the only way to get it now is to grind like crazy. I think I have almost recovered from the a*s kicking. Will try again tonight. I have the area layout and enemy locations memorized by now.

It took me around 4 hours to get to him though. It's not like the enemies were that difficult to deal with. It's just that the game doesn't give you any indication about where to go. But I like it! Crossing the dragon bridge was an epic moment. Usually games make you feel very powerful but it's an entirely different story here. This game wants to make you feel like a weakling.

After beating a boss you'll feel incredibly strong, and then the next enemy skewers you with a penetrating sword and you'll be ready to hurl the controller in frustration. If you think the dragon bridge was good, wait till the next section.

Give phalanx a try. He himself is incredibly weak - after spamming him with fire and firebombs you can even whack him dead with a standard sword. Just don't get surrounded and always keep your shield up. After finishing him, go to 4-1 and you'll find a Crescent Falchion + 1 which regenerates mana, and that still remains my main weapon. Play online and you'll get enough hints on what to do with the enemies there. I won't spoil the enemies there for you :majesty:

Did you get the the Thief's ring and Cling ring - they will save your life countless times. Cling ring you should've got because that's nearly impossible to miss. Thief ring makes you harder to see - so you can get closer to enemies and hit them - very useful as a mage. It gets you to casting range and doesn't let enemies see you. It's on Ostrava's platform and you have to roll off the stairs when you enter the section.

Tyler play hide and seek behind the pillars, play slowly try to kill one small phalanx at a time once you kill like 30 or so the main boss is a piece of cake.

Nope, you can kill em all. then the boss will be exposed and the items they drop are really nice so its worth it to kill them all.

Edited by Karooo

Did you get the the Thief's ring and Cling ring - they will save your life countless times. Cling ring you should've got because that's nearly impossible to miss. Thief ring makes you harder to see - so you can get closer to enemies and hit them - very useful as a mage. It gets you to casting range and doesn't let enemies see you. It's on Ostrava's platform and you have to roll off the stairs when you enter the section.

I have the Cling Ring. Will look for the Thief Ring today. I think I have a fair idea of where it can be found...

@Karooo, I tried that trick as well but I got impatient. Also how fast do the little guys regenerate?

But the mini-phalanxes grow back, don't they?

they grow back a little but have just just a limited backup, i cleared them all of them and then danced with the phalanx and hacked once in a while, relieved some anger and frustration there :P

But the mini-phalanxes grow back, don't they?

Nope, you can kill em all. then the boss will be exposed and the items they drop are really nice so its worth it to kill them all.

The mob gets summoned again if you take too much time to kill the main Boss.

I am getting my a*s handed back on a plate by the flamelurker... I hear that he is vulnerable to magic and I don't have any.. Just me and my sword!!

Should I go to another world and come back to beat this dude?

I am getting my a*s handed back on a plate by the flamelurker... I hear that he is vulnerable to magic and I don't have any.. Just me and my sword!!

get the purple flame shiled blocks 90% of flame damage, plus equip the ring to fire resistance.

Also get a spear or any other weapon with which you can strike from behind the safety of your shield.

Other than that, just roll dodge strike and repeat.

Dodge dodge dodge. Get water veil - it's a cheap magic against fire. Purple flame shield is very helpful - getting it is not hard either.