WMWM

BELOW

Publisher: Microsoft studios

Developer: Capybara
Platforms - Xbox One
Release Date - TBA
Rating - TBA

Capybara Games will publish its new game Below exclusively for the Xbox One, Microsoft's Phil Spencer announced today during the company's E3 press conference.

The score will be composed by Jim Guthrie. Spencer called the top-down adventure a "creative take on roguelike gameplay" in a "mysterious world" filed with secrets. The trailer shown during the conference also included a link to the website

source: http://www.destructoid.com/capybara-s-xbox-one-game-below-looks-fantastic-255860.phtml

• 10 months later...

Below : lonely, vulnerable, gorgeous

Below2.jpg

Below's protagonist washes up on the shores of a mysterious island, where he or she (the character is too tiny to make out a gender) must wander and explore and figure out what's going on. One would imagine from the title that you'll have to delve into dungeons, and you do. But not at first. There are unanswered questions on the surface of the island before I even get to any of the game's procedurally-generated caverns. "What's that lighthouse?" I wonder out loud, and start making my way across the terrain. Piotrowski doesn't stop me, even when I hit a dead end. "In the full game, you may have a reason to come back here." he tells me. He definitely won't tell me why, and only encourages me to keep exploring. I happily oblige.

I get the feeling that will be one more mystery to solve. Even from my 30-minute session, I can see a lot of potential for both streaming playthroughs and, once the community solves its puzzles, Spelunky-like speedruns. Piotrowski says Capy hasn't set a release date for Below, and that the team is picking up a lot of feedback from reactions at PAX East, where the game was making its playable debut.

Source: PCGamer

Rushing through is missing the point

273174-BelowHeader.jpg

Capy's finally showing Below off at PAX East, and it is nothing like I expected it to be. That aside, my excitement remains completely intact.

Source: D'TOID

• 2 months later...

guess we can expect 4-5 hrs like Sword & sworcery

So its 2 hours long? :P

Cannot comment, I played Sword and Sworcery with the calender in one hand and the mouse in the other, took me close to ~10 Hours figuring out the puzzles and the moon phases.

• 2 years later...

Bc 2012 mein reveal hua tha aur ab tak no release date.

I see your eyesight got rekt too. No wonder the Project Scorpio reveal had so many contradictory statements on 4K.

Archived