Battlefield 4

PS Fan

Which platform will you buy BF4 for?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WHAT THE FυCK.

Battlefield 4 - 50% off.

$18 on MX store.

(BF3 and BF4 same price)

:ranting:

See, there is no Day 1 in DICE's books. The Beta was actually Alpha. The launch date of early Nov was in reality just early access... you get it. The real launch date would be January, 2014 when they patched the game to a playable level. And for a playable BF game the real worth is $18 :P

Those who paid more ($38 upto $70) : the only benefit was the "early access" we got in early November as guinea pigs to provide feedback to the developers.

Damn that sounded salty...

20 or so hours in and I am really not a fan of some of the decisions they have made.

The revive mechanic is now utterly useless and people almost never really bother. I dont mind the idea of being revived with less health but the person reviving you getting 20 points is utterly pointless. You get more points for hiding somewhere and spotting FFS. Why risk dying for a revival for a measly 20 points? If they were really worried about revivals being spammy then just the lowered health would have been enough. Or increase the charge time of the Defibs.

Not a fan of the Carbines and DMRs being available to all classes either. The 3 Carbines I have unlocked so far are more or less Assault rifles. So basically every class can run around with an AR and the class specific equipment. So whats the point of having class specific weapons. Usually the idea was (aside from OP weapons like SCAR in BF 3 and M60 in BC2) that each class would have access to only its own weapons to balance out the equipment you would get.

So with the revives out of the picture, the M320 being almost useless (the smoke attachment lasts for like 3 seconds) and everyone being able to get their own equipment, whats even the point of the Assault class? Med Packs?

Also, said it before, but seriously f**k the unlock grind system. Each gun has like 50 attachments. And the unlock process for each (aside from the Battlepacks which is bullshit too) is just too long. It decreases the players need to experiment with weapons. You unlock a few things for one good gun and just stick with that. Combine that with the tedious unlocking system for EVERYTHING in the game and it just becomes a pointless number fest. I dont really think this was Dice, I am guessing the suits at EA felt it was a good idea.

And Domination is so worthless as a game type its laughable. You get almost nothing for a Flag cap (I think its like 25 points? LOL) so its basically deathmatch with 3 random flags no one cares about.

And lastly, f**k Parcel storms first two points in Rush. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

There are more things that are bothering me but if I keep going this post will become gigantic. But despite all of that, I am really enjoying the game. But it really needs some tuning up. Series has been making questionable decisions since BC2. BF3 was a step in the wrong direction. This one goes farther IMO.

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 1

In BF4, you have three charges, meaning you can revive 3 people and then have to wait/ reload it. Unless you charge your paddles the revived person will start at 20 health and the charge for full health takes about 3 seconds. The longer you hold it the more health they come back with.

M320 LVG/HE- Best weapon when doing things like breaching, flushing out campers, etc.

Please avoid rush mode. BF4 maps(Parcel storm, Shanghai, Hainan Resort, Rogue, Locker) heavily favor the defenders because the attackers have no room to dig in or flank.

Edited by kaka_messi

Whats the point of so many updates :| Nothing looks different on the PS3. I don't think unlike BF3 ,that they are even balancing out the weapons.

Are you observing it from the technical (graphical) aspect or just from a game-play angle.

I doubt they have done any major weapon tweaks save for DMR's till now.

From every angle tbh . Some of the updates increase the probability of freezing within 3-4 rounds while the others decrease the probability of freezing.One of the updates smoothened out the graphics but last 2 updates including todays one have nerfed down the graphics.

Really not a lot of incentive for them to completely optimise a version which will only shrink as time goes by.

About the game-play angle, they have proposed a lot of changes but really have not implemented much of the same. Hopefully once these initial map packs (up-to Naval Strike) are all out of the way, they will have time to focus on actual 'tweaks' and balances.

~rant~

But despite all of that, I am really enjoying the game. But it really needs some tuning up. Series has been making questionable decisions since BC2. BF3 was a step in the wrong direction. This one goes farther IMO.

Exactly, the game is enjoyable despite the immense number of annoying "tweaks" being done to it. Imagine how good it would be if some of the "tweaks" were applied sensibly.

The revive mechanic is now utterly useless and people almost never really bother. I dont mind the idea of being revived with less health but the person reviving you getting 20 points is utterly pointless. You get more points for hiding somewhere and spotting FFS. Why risk dying for a revival for a measly 20 points? If they were really worried about revivals being spammy then just the lowered health would have been enough. Or increase the charge time of the Defibs.

Actually as a MEDIC on the BattleField I feel with the new mechanics I get rewarded if the revive is properly executed, 20 base points (and additional 80+ / 100+ points for healing). Rezzing in the middle of heavy crossfire is pretty useless and most people avoid it because unless the area is safe said person would be one-shot killed.

Not a fan of the Carbines and DMRs being available to all classes either. The 3 Carbines I have unlocked so far are more or less Assault rifles. So basically every class can run around with an AR and the class specific equipment. So whats the point of having class specific weapons. Usually the idea was (aside from OP weapons like SCAR in BF 3 and M60 in BC2) that each class would have access to only its own weapons to balance out the equipment you would get.

Carbines are pretty much the exact thing you paraphrased 'more or less Assault rifles'. The only difference is that some are slanted towards performing at range (AK5C, AKU-12, ACE 52 / 21 CQB) whilst others are slanted to hip-fire pray-spray mode (MTAR-21, SG553, ACW-R).

Carbines offer the ENGINEER class a ready answer to engaging the ASSAULT class on an equal basis at range without compromising too much on the close in capabilities of PDW's. They offer aggressive RECON players the same benefits.

DMR's are a sub-class with which I have no experience and really don't understand, they have a very exacerbated kick (because semi-auto fire mode) and unless you are good with them, picking one up is pretty much a death wish against decent ASSAULT / SUPPORT (LMG) / RECON (Bolt-action).

So with the revives out of the picture, the M320 being almost useless (the smoke attachment lasts for like 3 seconds) and everyone being able to get their own equipment, whats even the point of the Assault class? Med Packs?

In before METRO / Op. Locker spawn camp LVG / HE-fest.

Smoke grenades and passive cover devices are pretty weak in the game. Something that DICE has acknowledged.

And lastly, f**k Parcel storms first two points in Rush. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Wait till you see the last M-COM's on Zavod 311.

Don't take this as my defence of the game or DICE, just my opinion on how the title is on its own and some of its mechanics which I have experienced.