EVO 2015 Discussion thread

of course it has nothing to do with it being a One exclusive, obviously

anyways, my bad, been so long, I almost forgot who I am talking to, sorry

Such a f**king fanboy! I only own the X1 and have access to just KI -- what else will I post about? Some other game that I can't even play, ever?! :doh:

I only posted this because I occasionally watch KI gameplay videos from time to time (don't play it -- but have access to it).

Plus, apart from KI, I only watch SF4 -- which I can't play no matter what.

Take your fanboy comments elsewhere, I only posted this for news-sake.

[42:55] Didn't know KI ran at 90FPS! :O

Now i know why Max was saying that K.I netcode is better than other fighting games...

Check this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724897

of course it has nothing to do with it being a One exclusive, obviously

anyways, my bad, been so long, I almost forgot who I am talking to, sorry

What's wrong in posting K.I information in EVO thread ? K.I is also quite popular at EVO now..

It's not as big as other heavy weight fighting games but still lot of people play K.I at EVO

Here are the 9 Main Games this year with the final registration numbers:

• Ultra Street Fighter IV – 2227
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 1926
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee – 1869
  • Mortal Kombat X – 1162
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- – 968
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 816
  • Tekken 7 – 458
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 437
  • Killer Instinct – 398

What's wrong in posting K.I information in EVO thread ? K.I is also quite popular at EVO now..

It's not as big as other heavy weight fighting games but still lot of people play K.I at EVO

Here are the 9 Main Games this year with the final registration numbers:

• Ultra Street Fighter IV – 2227
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 1926
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee – 1869
  • Mortal Kombat X – 1162
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- – 968
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 816
  • Tekken 7 – 458
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 437
  • Killer Instinct – 398

Just a casual observation- doesn't that list kinda work against the argument you are trying to make ?

Although, I'll admit I have no idea about EVO or the number of games involved in it.

EVO Moment Covered on ESPN Sports Center.

Man eSports is getting so huge , Prize pools reaching millions of dollars coverage on Major channels. Its no longer a niche thing (obviously in india it is) and just watch it take over AAA. Enough of appealing to casuals already.

How many people watched the finals of usf4?

The US Stream had around 300k concurrent , Dunno about Japanese/Chinese Streams (They dont use Twtich). Total Viewership is probably easily in the millions.

Damn just look at that UMvC3 drop , this is what happens when you dont support the game :doh:. Capcom only cares about SF lol.

Just a casual observation- doesn't that list kinda work against the argument you are trying to make ?

Although, I'll admit I have no idea about EVO or the number of games involved in it.

Even though what you are saying is true. Killer Instinct is held back by being Xbox one exclusive (Smaller userbase and Everyone is moving to PS4 because of SF V) , all other games are on multiple platforms.

I think point he's trying to make is that its pretty decent given the fact thats its exclusive. Smash is an exception because its Nintendo and Mario. Once KI comes to PC it might start pulling good crowd.

Tekken 7 is ARCADE only , but its Tekken. So many Tekken 6 players will play that.

Man eSports is getting so huge , Prize pools reaching millions of dollars coverage on Major channels. Its no longer a niche thing (obviously in india it is) and just watch it take over AAA. Enough of appealing to casuals already.

Back when Halo 1 (PC) was around, there was this LAN tournament in India that was shown on TV. It was a HUGE deal.

Instead of progressing forward with more events like these, we've actually gone back. Pretty sad for India. :(

Yeah , Vixture Crysis 1 , NFS etc tournament was the biggest thing to ever happen to indian e sports scene , but then it went downhill from there . Bad company 2 vixture tourney was fine but there was no prize money . BF3 had healthy e sports scene for some time , 10+ 8vs8 teams for 2 online tourneys and some tourneys with SE asian teams . but at lan only two teams arrived . Also the indian gaming carnival fiasco , felt bad for M5 and mith :(

Archived