The Last of Us

ScrewyAurum

Ellie feels fake in the "Other" story. She is shouting out loud in rooms "anyone else? I will kill you too." when this is the first occasion she is alone and fighting the infected alone in the world out there. not done at all. This is not how she was when she was alone in the main game. SHe is a small kid with zombies around her, how can she shout around taunts like Rambo? even Rambo wouldn't do it.

I actually thought that you played as Riley. Would have been a better dynamic. The ellie we met in TLOU wasn't a killer, she may have killed before but it certainly wasn't a habit.

@

And she doesnt here too. Saying anything more would be a spoiler.

KC, where's the Jakx cabinet. I did a thorough check for everything in my first playthrough itself, there was only one working (broken screen) game cabinet and it had that invisible game: which was awesome :D ! But where's the Jak X one?

@

KC, where's the Jakx cabinet. I did a thorough check for everything in my first playthrough itself, there was only one working (broken screen) game cabinet and it had that invisible game: which was awesome :D ! But where's the Jak X one?

its the last cabinet in the other row.

900 bucks for 2 hr dlc? Will watch on youtube.

yeah ! Awesome idea ! no one thought of it before.

BTW, found the Jak X easter Egg, just didn't see it before :) !

EDIT: Man,went back for the easter egg and couldn't stop playing :D ! Whatever the shortcomings, ND knows how to tell stories.

Edited by RenegadeRocks

EDIT: Man,went back for the easter egg and couldn't stop playing :D ! Whatever the shortcomings, ND knows how to tell stories.

absolutely. i like how ND tell such simple stories with such amazing flair in their games. just love how they avoided the conventional ending not just in tlou (where everyone expected one of them to die) but in left behind too.

absolutely. i like how ND tell such simple stories with such amazing flair in their games. just love how they avoided the conventional ending not just in tlou (where everyone expected one of them to die) but in left behind too.

TLOU ending is pristine, made my face glow with a smile. Later I told the whole story to my wife and when she heard th eend she got goosebumps too. its just so well handled.

But I really wanted to see Ellie

coping with Riley's turning and discovering she won't turn.

Really wanted to see that :(

Even the full game is not worth more than 1000 bucks IMO (unless ofc you want to play the mp which I don't care about in ND's case). I prefer to have some kind of variety and longevity in gameplay in the games I spent money for.

Though in my books no game should ever be priced more than Rs 1000...no matter how brilliant it is..but havings aid that if there is any game that i have had felt it was paisa vasool this gen it was all ND games....I must have played 3 times UC1, UC2 toh 4 times excluding one where my cousin played and i was helping him....and Uc3 about 2 times as of now....TLOU once only as of now because i am waiting for good speakers to play in full surround sound experience. Trying to get Astro from America soon if it comes then will play on with headphones otherwise when my surround sound steup is done...

Whether you call it cinematic or whatever ...but its got enough juice to have you keep coming more than once in your life time. Even now i am sure if i go back and play UC1 i will enjoy it and UC2 toh is a masterpiece jitna bar khela it would still make you go WOW!...

Oh please, the stealth aspect in tlou is greatly exaggerated. The enemy encounters are almost all the same. In many situation the game forces you to take the combat route. The game is linear as hell and no two ways about it. In fact the most impactful element of the whole game were the cutscenes which actually drove the game forward. Try taking that out and you are left with a repetitive, monotonous game. This is a game which relies on its story and presentation much more than its gameplay which was quite frankly pretty unimaginative. I don't find myself replaying such a game when I know all the plot points, twists and turns etc.

and what about Uncharted series replayibility ....same opinion??

LOU is fantastic game design. Highly relpayable and rewards investment in oodles. The gameplay is rock solid, level design too and the stealth is best in class, considering there isn't any stealth game around anyway. Totally doable on highest difficulty without any aids as sound cues are spot on and very intuitive. It is one of the very very few new games to keep its gameplay as deep and solid as the so called 'cinematic experience' devs seem to be running after. The fact that they weaved a mature memorable story around it does not lessen the gameplay's brilliance one bit. Left Behind is a bit lacking in that regard.

If you played with Listen mode On, then you haven't experienced the gameplay at all.

This game isn't about cutscenes at all, 90% of the story happens during exploration and scavenging. And there are no twists and turns in the cutscenes either. All the powerful n memorable moments happen during gameplay n none are the usual OMG kind. Everything is subtle, everything is mildly said to underscore its importance.This game is replayable simply because it rewards your thinking more than just following orders laid down by the game designer. The best part is that 99% of ur plans fall flat and 99% of the decisions have to be re-taken in a split second during a fight. Every encounter's outcome is unpredictable till the last moment. I have had to play complete sections with just (almost) 0.1% of my health due to a situation gone bad, but yet i survived , cos the game lets u if u do it well, and the moments when u get ur health back bit by bit, never knowing when u might lose all ur resources : its just ecstatic ! Electric !

I played on hard with listen turned off, for my first playthrough, and it was an experience par excellence !

I did a breakdown on it back then, which went around quite a bit and reached Naughty Dog too:

http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/2013/06/the-last-of-us-masterclass-in-game.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by RenegadeRocks

LOU is fantastic game design. Highly relpayable and rewards investment in oodles. The gameplay is rock solid, level design too and the stealth is best in class, considering there isn't any stealth game around anyway. Totally doable on highest difficulty without any aids as sound cues are spot on and very intuitive. It is one of the very very few new games to keep its gameplay as deep and solid as the so called 'cinematic experience' devs seem to be running after. The fact that they weaved a mature memorable story around it does not lessen the gameplay's brilliance one bit. Left Behind is a bit lacking in that regard.

If you played with Listen mode On, then you haven't experienced the gameplay at all.

This game isn't about cutscenes at all, 90% of the story happens during exploration and scavenging. And there are no twists and turns in the cutscenes either. All the powerful n memorable moments happen during gameplay n none are the usual OMG kind. Everything is subtle, everything is mildly said to underscore its importance.This game is replayable simply because it rewards your thinking more than just following orders laid down by the game designer. The best part is that 99% of ur plans fall flat and 99% of the decisions have to be re-taken in a split second during a fight. Every encounter's outcome is unpredictable till the last moment. I have had to play complete sections with just (almost) 0.1% of my health due to a situation gone bad, but yet i survived , cos the game lets u if u do it well, and the moments when u get ur health back bit by bit, never knowing when u might lose all ur resources : its just ecstatic ! Electric !

I played on hard with listen turned off, for my first playthrough, and it was an experience par excellence !

I did a breakdown on it back then, which went around quite a bit and reached Naughty Dog too:

http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/2013/06/the-last-of-us-masterclass-in-game.html

Kisko samjha raha hai bhai :lol: woh bakarking hai,tu kuch bhi bol woh bakwas karega hi.Woh waise bhi cod fan hai,usko kaha LOU samajh aayega.

Watching LOU on youtube :doh: In contender for the most stupid post of the year :lol:

dont do it to yourself man. you're talking to a guy who thinks 30fps is better than 60fps. :rofl: