The Android Thread

pArth

So I used to use chrome sync (other devices) before I discovered these apps. Like you described, it's a three step process and isn't that simple. Sometimes it takes a bit for the sync to happen and the tab to appear in your other devices list.

With Chrome to Phone it automatically launches chrome and loads that page. No notification, no clicking a link, nothing! Give it a try. It's awesome!

Edit: With that said, chrome sync does have its uses. I use it a lot for syncing tabs between my work and personal laptop and for other things.

Edited by Gautam

yeah i used to use chrome to phone ever since froyo reveal 2 years back till couple of months back. Now I use auto remote with tasker. It's much better

Hmm.. will check out auto remote. But really liking chrome to phone. I remember it was demoed at a Google I/O a while ago as a feature in the next release. But I had an iPhone back then :P

I really like that it launches the default app associated with a site instead of chrome. For example if I'm on a Google Plus page, it launches it in the Google Plus app. Same with Youtube :)

Octa-core Samsung Galaxy S4 caught cheating on GPU benchmarks

It’s a really simple yet powerful trick – the GPU clock get boosted when you run specific benchmarks on your octa-core I9500 Galaxy S4 and this way you get about 10% higher result than you should.

Samsung indeed didn’t specify the PoweVR SGX 544MP3 clock, but as per Anandtech’s investigation it runs always at up to 480MHz unless you are using benchmarks. When you do open a benchmark app the Galaxy S4 GPU start ticking at 532MHz and continues to do so until you exit the app. This means the Exynos-powered Galaxy S4 only brings its A-game to benchmarks and does slightly worse elsewhere. It’s not like the smartphone is a slouch with regular apps, but that’s blatant cheating.

source

2907947752_5fe7b99aeb_o.jpg

Yup. Figured as much. Still it's pretty cool in action. Like Steve Jobs would have said - "It's like magic!" :) Unfortunately only on Android though :P I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to iOS..

True. Once you use some of such features (and god forbid if you get hooked to tasker), it's impossible to go to any other OS.

Nice..

i read that LWPs consume lot of juice ?

is that really true... i love these kinda wallpapers but dont use them since i am not sure how much battery it hogs ?

They are HUGE battery hogs , avoid at all costs .

Nice..

i read that LWPs consume lot of juice ?

is that really true... i love these kinda wallpapers but dont use them since i am not sure how much battery it hogs ?

They will consume some battery but not enough to worry you unless you're a fairly heavy user and regularly spend 12+ hours away from a charging point.

It also depends on the processing power and battery life of your phone of course.

Any app for making appointment in calendar directly from gmail? Like scan mails and check if a calendar entry can be created with information contained in it.Sent from Xperia SL

Now does that to some extent .