The Book Thread

Amay

^^ Dudeeee ! Get ready to be judged by the *eminent* book readers now. :P

BTW, massive Dan Brown fan here. :D

:good:

Even I like Dan Brown. I love the amount of new things I get from his book - stuff like 'anti-matter', 'noetic sciences' etc. And the fact that most organizations depicted in his book are real. But one major thing about his books are, they have amazing build up and lousy endings. Let me hope I'm not disappointed with this one.

Edited by Ne0

^^ TBH, I don't remember the ending. But I love reading the illustrated editions of his books. Already have The Da Vinci Code & Angels and Demons Illustrated Eds. Gonna get the Lost Symbol Illustrated Ed sometime later.

Trust me, throw that thing and get the illustrated edition. You won't regret it. :D

Edit: Now I remember. It's a lousy ending alright. :P

Edited by Kaamwali Bai

Done with 'the lost symbol' and I'm now lost. I just couldn't bring myself to read the last 20 pages or so, I'm all :ko: Way to ruin an amazing build up....AGAIN ! And wtf was that about mal'akh.... that's got to be the worst revenge story EVER !

This review from an Amazon reader sums up my opinions very well.

Edited by Ne0

^^ I should've trusted you :(. Wait to ruin an otherwise lovely evening. And massive lol at the revelation of the national crisis towards the end :lol: Wonder if someone even proof-read his book and gave him some honest feedback or everyone were busy clamoring unto the next million dollar baby of fiction ! This is one film I will definitely avoid should this be ever made into a movie.

Edited by Ne0

Ok. DWD. Surprisingly great so far. I burned through 150 pages or so last night in one sitting.

Edit Goddamnit Fatty. Masterchef in the TV shows thread. Dan Brown in the books thread. Get off them drugs boy. :chair:

Edited by Aftrunner

Ok. DWD. Surprisingly great so far. I burned through 150 pages or so last night in one sitting.

Edit Goddamnit Fatty. Masterchef in the TV shows thread. Dan Brown in the books thread. Get off them drugs boy. :chair:

Kick Dan Brown as much as you want, but nobody says a word about Masterchef :threatenlumber:

I liked Digital Fortress best amongst's Brown's works. Lost Symbol built up so much suspense and the ending just fizzled out. I guess everyone was expecting a big shock like in Da Vinci. Still, a fail book and didnt impress.

I'm right now reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. Epic storytelling and writing. Nice big book so should get me by this whole month.

Also picked up Burnt Shadows. Its on the lines of Khaled Hosseini's works so I'm intrigued. Loved a thousand splendid suns.

Edited by Death Stryke