So update on ROG Ally, the SD Card issue still persists, my sd card reader failed within 2 weeks. Raised an RMA, which is where the roller coaster right starts. Within 1 day of request, a technician from Asus came for door step repair, checked and made few videos so that they can order a replacement motherboard (so far so good). 3 days later, a different technician came with new motherboard and started the repair process at home. The way he was manhandling the wires and connectors inside the device was scary and rightly so, he was not able to get the device to boot after replacing the motherboard. He blamed the charger for this. I showed him that charger is working by plugging it in my laptop and phone. He didnt even clean the old thermal paste while applying new one and randomly dropped a blob of thermal paste over existing one. He even managed to drop it at multiple places on montherboard and didnt even bother to clean it properly even after i told him it might be risky. Surprise Surprise, the new motherboard went dead and he had to plug in the old motherboard again. Took him 5 tried to get the device to boot but then while closing the device roughly, he managed to break one of the fans and the right analog stick. Then again, Idiot went on to blame the device, said that screws were loose from factory itself and he just tightened them up which caused analog stick to get stuck. Doing all this bullshit, he wasted my 4 hours. I was pissed and asked him to just leave and then complained to Asus for this whole shebang.
Had to complain on twitter as well to get the wheels moving. Someone from Asus QA team called and started telling me how this device is not supposed to be repaired at home. I was like, duh, it was your team which sent the technician, i never insisted on home repair. Then he apologized for whole thing arranged a pickup for the device next day. Took them about 2 weeks at service center to revive my device and fix it but one more bad experience was pending. After repairs were done, one of their technician called and told that everything is fixed but he needs to login to windows to verify thus asked me my password. I was like, WTF, my microsoft account is logged in to the device so all my mails can be accessed, there is no way anyone will share such sensitive details. I asked him why doesnt he wipe the device to factory settings and then check if everything is working since that is the standard procedure in repairs/RMA. His reasoning was that it will take more time for him to reset and then check thus asking password is faster. I told him he is not going to get it and he should go by standard procedure of reseting the device. Finally 2 days later I got my device which is working decent for now. This whole debacle wasted 4 weeks of time, dozens of emails and phone calls. Phew