Heavy Rain Plot discussion.

KnackChap

i've a doubt. Don't read if you've not completed the game

How could Shelby have killed Manfred if I was controlling him in the typewriter store? Shelby was in the store when Manfred walked into his office. Then, Manfred was already dead when Shelby went into the office. :panic:

Is it a plot hole?

yeah... plot hole. They shud've started the cutscene after Manfred went into the room thus taking the control away from the player and maybe show Madison Paige doing something or give control of Madison Paige :)

yup i arrested Mad Jack.. and i did not kill that evil doc, when he was away i juss ran into his bedroom took that pass and left the house.. :nerves: i didn't know if you go deeper inside the house then he will attack you :panic:

maybe show Madison Paige doing something or give control of Madison Paige

I think we had control of lauren that time and she was looking at something.

OK, I am updating a few:

QTE Misses/Choices

Guy with the crucifixes in his house:

I made a mistake here and rather than trying any other actions, I just hit R1 to kill the guy. With convincing, this guy can be arrested. He is a another schiz case who apparently takes orders from something imaginary.

Shelby and Lauren trapped in the car:

Here if you keep failing at QTEs, the lakewater eventually floods in the car. But miraculously, Shelby survives. A plot error, I wanted Shelby to die here which doesn't happen.

Shelby going to Gordin's house to settle scores:

If you keep failing at QTEs, after taking few bullets, Shelby chickens out. If you manage to make it to upstairs, after a scuffle Gordin's father suffers from a heart-attack. You have choices of helping him by letting Shelby fetch pills for him or let him die there. I didn't see the latter part yet.

Mad Jack sequence

Norman gets panic attack when he is making the arrest of Mad Jack, in the junkyard. If you fail the QTEs to take the TRIPTO, it brings a sequence in which Mad Jack will try crush you in a car, which will result in Mad Jack/Norman's death, again depending on QTEs.

Mad Doc sequence

Doc invites Madison in and offers her a drink. You can pass on it. If you say yes, he will give you a spiked up drink, landing Madison in big-big trouble. Doc will then try to 'Drill' :( her. Another fight filled with QTEs, resulting in Madison/Doc's death. You have choice of passing on the drink and then escaping through the Bathroom.

Madison's exit from Shelby's apartment

You can either make Madison hide in the Fridge or jump out of kitchen window. If you jump out of any other window in the apartment, Madison dies.

have found 12 endings so far btw the fight scene between jayden n the origami killer in blue lagoon should not have been part of the game it basically gives away the killer also the scenes where john and jason die are really depressing and i do not know if i have ever felt that bad for the death of a virtual character.My favourite character is Scott Shelby. looking foward now to the dlc of this game and to platinum it im at 60% now

yeah... plot hole. They shud've started the cutscene after Manfred went into the room thus taking the control away from the player and maybe show Madison Paige doing something or give control of Madison Paige :angry:

Madison Paige? In that scene? Shelby was with Lauren in that shop.

did that sleazy hotel part ...she offered me cig too :) ...all was going well..but in end as soon i touched her that bitch shouted "dont touch me" :cheers:

kept hanging around after that for a while ,hoping she changes her mind...in end had to offer her napkin to wipe her tears and move out..then that guy (her customer entered) ..i went back to save her...couldnt press the buttons on time...got beaten badly :wub: ,like a punching bag :P...and again that bitch just said thank you and closed the door :devil:

madison grabbing paco balls :rofl:

the game surely is unique...cutting your own fingers...that creep with the driller...some heart touching emotional scenes...

loving every bit of it till now...a very different experience :roflroll:

started playing this game yesterday on hard mode...some sequences like driving the car in wrong way, Madison's intro sequence are really tense.

Currently playing the sequence where Ethan goes to that abandoned power plant and you've to cross the electric condensors.. and I tell you pressing 5 buttons at the same time is not possible...I even tried using my legs at one point of time but still failed in pressing all 5 buttons at same time :huh:.

^^ decrease the difficulty.. it will ask you to press max 3 buttons at a time only then :huh:

nope..it asks for 3 buttons at times on Hard mode too but only on lowly charged condensors(I guess). Will try that sequence again today...this time I'll be more careful in choosing only the low charged condensors

Reduce down difficulty to Normal/Easy. I played on Normal only, however even in Normal, at one point you would have to hold 5 buttons together.

PS: Dude, its thread full of spoilers, come here once you finish the game. :huh:

Edit: Yeah, condenser level is bitch, I would replay it on easy. I failed on Normal. :|

Archived