Limbo

MarketTantrik

I haven't played the PC version but I am not sure why people are complaining about the controls.. :ko: there is like only 3 things which you can do in the whole game.. walk, jump, pull..

And regarding the content.. yes it is short.. but if you noticed it didn't had any fillers.. no cut scenes.. no story.. what you get is. 100% pure gameplay with fare enough variety and a fresh take on puzzles..

Try reading again. No one is complaining about the controls. The complaints are that you cannot REMAP the controls.

So you are stuck with retarded decisions like using the up arrow key to jump. Or using the arrow keys to move instead of the usual WASD. The jump key really starts to grate when the gravity starts to shift in some stages. It makes things super confusing.

Such a basic thing to f**k up. :doh:

^^Try doing what I posted. Its not tough.

Easy way to Customize Limbo Controller by Yourself for PC

Go to the game folder and open settings.txt - Simple as that.

Options are few but you can edit; User controls, Vibration, Frame limit, and enable/disable 8bit colour depth.

Limbo control customization Code

# User control settings #

up = "UP"

down = "DOWN"

left = "LEFT"

right = "RIGHT"

action = "RCONTROL"

#Remove the "#" char from the 4 lines below to enable wsad controls

#up2 = "W"

#down2 = "S"

#left2 = "A"

#right2 = "D"

action2 = "LCONTROL"

I already finished the game with a 360 pad man. Point is you shouldnt have to run around editing text files and what not to do something as basic as remapping controls.

That would be like dissembling and reassembling your speakers if you want to change the volume.

Its a completely sh*t port. There isnt even any debate about it. I mean Ubi (deservedly) got sh*t for From Dust but this is getting a free pass when this is just as awful. They didnt put one single thought into the game.

Agree customizing controls should be official. A must feature for every single game....... and I was just trying to help :|

Not your fault.. he is like that.. to make his point valid he goes around blaming the whole world.. you are not first.and wont be last either :lol:

I really can't agree with aft on this one but rather, would say it just varies from person to person on what their adaptability is.

I've been gaming on WSAD controls for over 14 years (since the Quake / Quake 2 days). When I found out I had to use the arrow keys in this one, what did I do? Simply moved the keyboard one-foot left on my desk and started playing! Hence, my left hand didn't have to cross my body awkwardly... heh.

I frankly didn't care what resolution I was playing at since the game looks fantastic at whatever resolution the devs fixed it on. There are no jaggies, no blurriness, no tearing and absolutely no other issues I encountered; i'm on a 22in monitor at 1920x1080.

To the people who can't overlook these issues, perhaps your tolerance levels need to be worked on. Nitpicking isn't going to enhance your gameplay; if Limbo provided a BROKEN experience because of its' fixed controls and graphics options then yes, I would understand your concern. But it really doesn't.

What do I think about the game itself? Good, but very overrated. The animations are charming, puzzles are interesting and concepts are pretty unique; they combine well into a solid indie package but it couldn't hold my attention long enough for me to complete it. I probably got burnt out in between since I played for a few hours continuously.

• 2 months later...

I finished this game. thanks to steam for great deal just $2.50....but yea had to wait quite long too...one of the reasons of being jealous of xbox owners is gone...:P ....honestly great art..beautiful...definitely worth the hype.....nice intelligent challenges....but overall i do feel it lacks in many areas...game presentation was not supported with any music...at times it looked like the game had absolutely no music at all...also the story depth was not explored at all...i am not asking for much..but there looked hardly any explanation of anything in this game...

Overall i would say it is must play game...and would rate it a solid 8/10.

I finished this game. thanks to steam for great deal just $2.50....but yea had to wait quite long too...one of the reasons of being jealous of xbox owners is gone...:P ....honestly great art..beautiful...definitely worth the hype.....nice intelligent challenges....but overall i do feel it lacks in many areas...game presentation was not supported with any music...at times it looked like the game had absolutely no music at all...also the story depth was not explored at all...i am not asking for much..but there looked hardly any explanation of anything in this game...

Overall i would say it is must play game...and would rate it a solid 8/10.

That's exactly was the point. Music won't create that atmosphere. That sound of you (I mean inside game, not IRL) squishing to chunks of meat will not be that chilling with a nice music score in background.

Agreed on that story part, though. But, that was fun too. I still remember waiting 5 minutes on the first screen waiting for cutscene; even restarted game couple times, thinking download is corrupted. :lol:

Well stories in such games usually progresses in the background and same was the case with this. It's the gameplay where it shines. Also, no background score worked fantastically. I've seen films with no background score and it's so effective sometimes. I can't imagine musical score for this game, apart from ambient which is already there.

Archived