The Android Thread

pArth

Would ICS be available to Xperia Arc users by end of this year ? Or we would have to wait till 2012 ? Hoping for the best, as I've read on few websites 2 weeks ago, that all Xperia phones woud be updated with ICS.. Was just eager to know if anyone has the latest info about '' when '' this change shall take place.

Thank you !

If Sony, then "when" = Loooooooong looooooong time :P

Btw Google's Galaxy Nexus now has an "India" site in the list of 19 countries at the bottom of the first page --> www.google.co.in/nexus/ . Hope for the best if you want to get this in India.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Ics as in ver 4? Good to hear its coming to the arc. I think SE provides the best skin of all. I thought it was the default android skin until I saw a few htc and Samsung and found them lacking in many areas.

Does it mean rooting has to be done from scratch after the update?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Right now its best stick to either Samsung or Motorola if you want fast updates. Samsung coz they've really pulled up their socks now and Moto coz of their tie up with Google.

Meanwhile, anyone know how i can get Swype in MIUI ?

True that, LG people are so lazy they are not even giving 2.3.4. Delaying since last 3 months.

Do not know when they will officially release ICS.

But good news is for OB is CM7 will come out soon. nightly builds are already there to test.

I also heard that LG is gonna stop with 2X. :scratchchin:

Frankly will next time go with moto or samsung.