Dragon's Dogma

playstation

• 2 weeks later...

Started the game this weekend.

Love the character customisation, both for Arisen and the main pawn. Also, I think the pawn system is an excellent innovation. More games could stand to include features like these.

Speaking of pawns, can anybody here who played on PS3 share their ID and accept my friend request ? I'll get access to your main pawn for free then :P

Already used pawns from Madhan and a couple of other friends. Thanks :cheers:

The frequent backtracking and extensive travelling for quests is frustrating. Yesterday a golem's explosion wiped off more than an hour's worth of travelling and looting, and it was just so unexpected, I had almost finished it off :(

• 3 weeks later...

- Start with the Strider class. Then upgrade to Assassin (the best class in the game) or Ranger.

- Remember that the class system is pretty flexible, you can change anytime.

- Make your main pawn complement your class i.e. make them a magic/healer or a warrior/tank.

- Avoid traveling at night (at least in the beginning).

- Make sure you're well prepared with items and gear when you set out on quests.

- The first few hours of the game are a bit challenging, don't get frustrated and don't give up.

- Keep doing side quests and bounty board quests. Otherwise you'll hit a wall in the main quest soon.

- The first village you start at has some side quests that are easy to miss if you follow the story quests. They can be done later but by that time the rewards are mostly worthless.

- Lastly... remember...

"Wolves hunt in packs!"

What does the last line mean :nerves:

Is this game challenging? I ordered the game just because I was interested in it when it released and I don't even remember anything about the game.

Thou' speaketh of a Pawn, is that thy trusty companion?

As it is I'm scared of traveling at night so will remember that, I typically choose a warrior/ tank class for me, and I can almost never get myself to be an assassin and lurk in the shadows, tell me something that will help me change my preferences :P

Any similarities to Skyrim/ Demon Souls?

:arigato:

- The last line... well you'll see what I mean :P

- Challenging, yes it is, especially in the first few hours. Monsters are tough and you are weak. But about halfway through you start becoming really powerful and the game becomes quite easy.

- The pawn is your loyal companion. It's like creating a second character. You can also hire two more pawns in addition to the main pawn who will always be with you. Also, contrary to most AI partners, pawns are pretty useful and can singlehandedly take down big monsters if you spec them right.

- The Assassin class in the game is not about stealth at all. You wield dual daggers and perform fast attacks. The damage output of Assassins is really high. It's pretty much a melee class, similar to a dual wielding warrior in most other games. Compared to that a pure warrior class in this game is quite boring and not as effective.

- The game definitely takes some cues from the Souls games. Some of the environments and bosses are quite similar.

Oh, that's nice to hear that unlike other games *cough* Skyrim *cough* where you have to babysit your companion which is basically a donkey, used to carry stuff, the pawns here are of some actual use.

So you can actually have 3 companions, that is nice. I'm not afraid while exploring dungeons when I have virtual companions with me, and as they say, the more the merrier.

Strider to Assassin it shall be.

I'm now excited for the game :D

• 1 month later...

@Abhinit Read This below - :samui:

Have fun in making your hero and do take note that gender really won't have a major impact on you. The only difference is males can carry more weight and are slightly stronger than a female and females can be faster than a male with slightly quicker stamina regain. These two things won't make a difference in your gameplay at all since you'll level up and making this difference not noticeable. However, some creatures in the game will become frenzy towards a female character making the creature even stronger to kill (Goblins and Ogres etc).

This is really awesome :P

From where did you pre order? Price is 1800 right? Will get it after I finish Bioshock Infinite.

Can anyone tell me how long is DD?

Yea price is 1800 which is actually awesome for Base Game plus DLC. I ordered from Intencity. :smokey:

I wanted to play this game before but because of skyrim and dark souls plus Pricing ..

i had second thoughts and i still have, want to clear some

- Does this game gives experience of big world like skyrim and challenging like demon/dark souls

- How's story, reviews say story is 'soon forgettable'

- And how's Gameplay, Graphics, overall experience!!??!!

Now the pricing is low and gives all add-ons, new customization, new boss fights and maybe fast travel :fear:

i am thinking of buying

Archived