Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

Hey guys,

So in the market for budget wireless headphones. Can spend max 3.5k if buying from in India or 55$ if from US (as will have to bear shipping charges as well).

I looked around at Ebay & Flipkart. While FK had nothing apart from a Panasonic, Ebay turned up all sorts of cheap chinese made ones (350 bucks) to Sennheiser and Philips and Sony (1700-5k), but most of them need to be imported and will take 14-30 days. So I think it's better to buy from Amazon US and get it shipped via SnS.

Any recommendations on which one to go for ? Amazon search turned up these.

Need ONLY headphones. No mic.

Will be using them for movies (& music occasionally).

You can probably connect it to 3.5mm slot on monitor or TV.

Dude, why are you suggesting regular headphones when people are asking for PS3 connectivity.

In this case, audio we can connect to TV somehow (not all TVs have 3.5mm). Now where to connect the mic.

Dude, why are you suggesting regular headphones when people are asking for PS3 connectivity.

I just answered about 3.5mm connectivity part. Didn't suggest any headphone really. Only mentioned HD555 once, as an alternative, since someone mentioned HD598 is expensive.

And a good headphone (Senn, Audio Technica) connected even through 3.5mm will give you better experience than CP Pro which was mentioned earlier. Just my opinion though. At least I felt that way when I was looking to make audio setup for PS3. Try yourself please. Plus it will be useful while watching movies and listening music.

Add an amp and you're set unless you want to play around with sound options which some headsets offer.

In this case, audio we can connect to TV somehow (not all TVs have 3.5mm). Now where to connect the mic.

Clip on mic or maybe use PS3 headset as mic (it comes with base stand).

Hey guys,

So in the market for budget wireless headphones. Can spend max 3.5k if buying from in India or 55$ if from US (as will have to bear shipping charges as well).

I looked around at Ebay & Flipkart. While FK had nothing apart from a Panasonic, Ebay turned up all sorts of cheap chinese made ones (350 bucks) to Sennheiser and Philips and Sony (1700-5k), but most of them need to be imported and will take 14-30 days. So I think it's better to buy from Amazon US and get it shipped via SnS.

Any recommendations on which one to go for ? Amazon search turned up these.

Need ONLY headphones. No mic.

Will be using them for movies (& music occasionally).

BUMP !

After all that wait in despair for reviews of cp pro, I finally went ahead n ordered it from flipkart. Will give my reviews surely once I get hold of it :)

Great, let me know how it goes.

As for me, I ordered the Creative HS 330 as I have a USB sound card for the PS3. Hopefully these will work fine. If not, I'll use them for PC voice chat and get the CP-PRO (provided Paa has good stuff to say about those).

After waiting for reviews of CP-Pro headset, i finally decided to go ahead with the purchase.

Product:

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/17268420/4Gamers-Officially-Licensed-CP-PRO-Gaming-Headset-for-PS3/Product.html

after playing for 4-8 hours with the headset in kz3 mp, here is my review for the product:

Good:

1) Clear, crisp sound that would make your online gaming experience more fun. Don't expect 7.1 or surround or high thump from it, but it delivers what its meant for.

2) There are separate keys to adjust in-game sound and chat volume, and since its a slider key, it works smoothly.

3) The ear cups are swivel type so can be adjusted with ease, although the ear cups are just about fit for me atleast.

4) Comes with a 4 meter wire with USB connector and 2 audio jacks. Wire is long enough for anyone's liking.

5) It comes with a pouch which stores the headset plus it wires so that they dont get messed up after gaming session is over :P

6) In-game voice chat is also good, am able to hear others and others can hear me as well clearely. At times my friends say that i sound low but i guess its bcoz i don't speak loud while gaming at night, for obvious reasons :P

Bad:

1) Since the wire is long, and the connecting end has one with Usb jack and 2 audio jacks, so it divides into 3 separate wires which sometimes look messy.

2) The ear cups are just abt fit and caused some pain in my ears only after i completed 4 hours of gaming in one go. It works fine for 2 hours of gaming.

Overall:

Would give it a 4 star considering its official ps3 headset, easy of connectivity and clear sound. Plus the amazing prize at flipkart makes it a total value for money.

:exoticdance:

Paa : Nice review. Also, post it in the "Write for Us" section. Query : The ear cushions are small in diameter or is the entire headset pressing your ears?

My Creative HS 330 arrived yesterday and played BFBC2 for like 3 hours :gunsmilie: .

I sort of figured out the audio out situation on the PS3. The PS3 will output game audio only via HDMI/RCA and chat audio via either USB or HDMI/RCA. So I selected "Default System Device" for the Audio out. Now I believe the HDMI will give me the game+chat audio and I've plugged in the headphone jack into that source. The mic is plugged into the USB but I haven't used it yet as no one to test it with.

N00b question : Is there any specific button on the DS3 we must press to broadcast our voice in BFBC2?

Query : The ear cushions are small in diameter or is the entire headset pressing your ears?

The ear cups are just abt fit on my ears. Only after prolonged use, i felt some pain, not intense as it was bearable.

N00b question : Is there any specific button on the DS3 we must press to broadcast our voice in BFBC2?

There isn't any button on ds3 that activates voice chat. It should work normally. Also ur voice would be heard by ur sqd only, not ur entire team, if i remember correct as its been a long time i played bc2 :bigyellowgrin:

A friend of mine is also looking for a headphone/mic solution for the PS3. I suggested he should try third party bluetooth headset. Has anyone used the following : http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-headsets/nokia-bluetooth-stereo-headset-bh-214 with the PS3?

In general, are all (branded) Bluetooth sets compatible with the PS3. Or is this a proper list?

A friend of mine is also looking for a headphone/mic solution for the PS3. I suggested he should try third party bluetooth headset. Has anyone used the following : http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-headsets/nokia-bluetooth-stereo-headset-bh-214 with the PS3?

In general, are all (branded) Bluetooth sets compatible with the PS3. Or is this a proper list?

I am that friend guys :), Looking for cheap wireless/wired solution for gaming. I will prefer wireless. There should be feasible mechanism to have both in game and chat sound though.

I am not sure its just your squad you can hear to, I can hear all english/chineese opera singers in BFBC2 who are just part of my team/my side. Not very sure about this though.

Bump! Like the poster above, I am also looking for gaming headphones.

As of now, I am pretty confused as to which was should I go. Should I buy a headphone for my TV? Or something just for the PS3 or the Xbox 360? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Archived