Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

"PlayStation 4 contains an AMD Fusion Chip, 2GB memory"

http://n4g.com/news/1013780/playstation-4-contains-an-amd-fusion-chip-2gb-memory

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psx-sense.nl%2F89207%2Fexclusief-talloze-informatie-over-de-playstation-4-inclusief-specificaties%2F

Specs

AMD Fusion APU - Codenamed 'Liverpool'

AMD x86 Quad Core at 3.2 GHz

ATI r10xx (3rd generation) GFLOPS at 800 MHz and 1843 - Codename "Tahiti"

Unified 2GB of memory (still uncertain, this can be 4GB)

Blu-ray

HDMI 1.4 - 1080p output

320GB + HDD

16GB Flash Memory

What about a 42 inch led 3d tv, with inbuilt 360 and kinect? Kinect camera can go up the bezel and the 360 can go down the stand. No cable clutter, no need of any tv subscription (well, atleast in US). Just plug in internet and power cable, and you are good to go.

I think Samsung and MS together can make it happen. The smartest tv ever, instead of these idiotic smart tv Samsung is pushing lately.

^I checked the latest samsung TV at a showroom, and I've gotta tell ya, its an absolute beaut. The applications and the motion sensor via the camera is a total gimmick and close to useless. I can see what an awesoem machine it could become with an in built kinect. Its priced at 2.65 lacs (50 inch 3D LED).... wonder what the kinect intergration would rack the price upto...

^I checked the latest samsung TV at a showroom, and I've gotta tell ya, its an absolute beaut. The applications and the motion sensor via the camera is a total gimmick and close to useless. I can see what an awesoem machine it could become with an in built kinect. Its priced at 2.65 lacs (50 inch 3D LED).... wonder what the kinect intergration would rack the price upto...

samsung don't do good software. ironically i am writing this on my samsung phone. anywho, i think if ms actually does it,price will not be much different, as there is hardly any new research involved. plus, cost of kinect as a device is somewhere near 60$. it can be done, and will be loved by a lot. bu then there will be few who will cry foul anyways. lets see what others think about the idea. for me, it will be a no brainer, considering i hatethat stupid cable clutter at the back of my tv.

The device itself won't cost much, but to interface it they'll need some more hardware and done decent code as well... I've been researching the market and I think the passive 3d TV's are the way forward. Active 3d is expensive, not very convenient and is known to give headaches due to the constant flicker... But damn, the Samsung tele's are babes...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

The device itself won't cost much, but to interface it they'll need some more hardware and done decent code as well... I've been researching the market and I think the passive 3d TV's are the way forward. Active 3d is expensive, not very convenient and is known to give headaches due to the constant flicker... But damn, the Samsung tele's are babes...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

not much will be needed. it can be like a tv kept on top of 360, and one hdmi port permanently connected to it. kinect ofcourse connects with 360. tbh a bit of design changes are required to keep all ports in one place and other stuff but cost won't be pretty high. and i think more than half the public will readily pay for it.

Not sure if this is real..

2n21jed.jpg

Specs:

CPU- 22nm Cell BroadBand Engine X Processor @ 3.2Ghz with 16PPEs and 128SPE's

GPU 22nm Custom Nvidia/SCB Quantum Leap GPU @ 2Ghz- based on a GK104 x2 Kepler Architecture

Memory- 10GBXDR2 + 10GB GDDR6 :doh:

GUI- Sony Aether GUI

Resolution- 2160P 2D and 1080p 3D(Video resolution standard: All PS4 games must be rendered at least at 1080p @ 30fps 2D and/or 1080p @ 30fps 3D) :doh:

Media Format Support- PS4 disc, PS3 disc, PS2 disc, PS1 one disc, High Definition Blu Ray Disc (Including BDXL Support), DVD, CD, Digital distribution

Controller support- Dual Shock4,3, Playstation Iris, Playstation Omni, Playstation Certified Xperia and Tablet Devices, Move, PS eye, Six Axis, Remote Controller, USB controllers, Mouse, Keyboard

Connectivity- USB3.0, HDMI1.4, BT4.0, WIFI, PS Vita, Infamous Memory Card Slots return :)

Not much difference in hardware mode ... a 3.2 GHz still .. common we need a higher power ...

I kinda agree with what Nintendo had to say about the next gen Sony amd MS consoles. At the best I see both the consoles going 1080p with 3D. But apart from that both the consoles will be limited by our tele's. The Wii-U is only slightly better if not on par with the current gen. We shouldn't be expecting a huge jump in specs, but hope for something innovative. The Wii when it first launched, killed both the consoles. It only started falling behind in the last quarter of the current gen due to the hardware limitations and the recycled games. I totally see MS expanding on Kinect and integrating it cooler ways into games (personally, I think people look like right twats shouting commands or waving hands at the TV while playing games, the novelty factor wears of very quickly for me. The only gestures I make at the TV are flipping and cursing the mofo's in MP who I am shooting in the effin face.) There are people who will get into the whole Kinect integration bit. As for Sony, well. Move hasn't moved the numbers that Sony had hoped for. I personally like it, but only for Move only games, people knocked Sorcery, but I liked that as well. They might need something better to leverage Kinect...

well MS has unofficially confirmed the rumors now that lawyers are in action

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/354086/microsoft-lawyers-remove-leaked-xbox-720-document/

A 56 page PowerPoint document that supposedly reveals sensitive information about Microsoft's next-generation console has been removed from the website it was leaked to.

screenshot_276423_thumb_wide300.jpgThe document, published on Scribd, claims the Xbox 720 will be released for the 2013 holidays with 4-6x the power of the current Xbox 360, at a price of $299.

It was removed following a complaint from Covington & Burling LLP, an international law firm that lists Microsoft as one of its clients.

The authenticity of the document, apparently written in 2010, remains a matter for dispute.

If genuine, the details within are difficult to verify as the paper appears to have been written in 2010. Games console design is a process that traditionally has one project undergo a multitude of redesigns.

According to the document, the Xbox 720 will feature Blu-ray compatibility, a form of augmented reality glasses, "Kinect version 2" and the recent SmartGlass service.

Some of the details, such as release date, match with data supplied by CVG's sources.

I kinda agree with what Nintendo had to say about the next gen Sony amd MS consoles. At the best I see both the consoles going 1080p with 3D. But apart from that both the consoles will be limited by our tele's. The Wii-U is only slightly better if not on par with the current gen. We shouldn't be expecting a huge jump in specs, but hope for something innovative. The Wii when it first launched, killed both the consoles. It only started falling behind in the last quarter of the current gen due to the hardware limitations and the recycled games. I totally see MS expanding on Kinect and integrating it cooler ways into games (personally, I think people look like right twats shouting commands or waving hands at the TV while playing games, the novelty factor wears of very quickly for me. The only gestures I make at the TV are flipping and cursing the mofo's in MP who I am shooting in the effin face.) There are people who will get into the whole Kinect integration bit. As for Sony, well. Move hasn't moved the numbers that Sony had hoped for. I personally like it, but only for Move only games, people knocked Sorcery, but I liked that as well. They might need something better to leverage Kinect...

c3e.jpg

Archived