Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

Is This The First Confirmed “PS4″ Game?

Quantic Dream, the studio behind Heavy Rain and the upcoming PS3 exclusive Beyond, are working on a PS4 game. That’s according to a URL registration that associates their second work-in-progress title with Sony’s next-gen console, frustratingly still to be announced.

That URL? SingularityPS4.com.

Quantic Dream’s studio head, David Cage, has already said that he’s not hugely interested in the next generation. “To be honest, I’m not that interested in technology or the next generation of consoles,” he said back in May last year.

“If we could continue with PlayStation 3 for another five years it would be fine with me,” he added. “I think the main challenges are on the creative side than on the technical side.”

It looks like things may have changed since then.

Perhaps more interestingly, it’s earlier references to Singularity that might hint at what the PS4 game will be. Kotaku (or, rather, internet sleuth SuperAnnuation) has picked up that Cage previously acknowledged Ray Kurzweil‘s book “The Singularity is Near” as the main influence on the studio’s “Kara” tech demo.

In addition, although it’s a slightly clunky URL, note that similar domains were registered, by the same company, for Heavy Rain and Beyond. Indeed, Sony have done the same thing with other games: Pain, Heavenly Sword, Starhawk, etc. The URL could also point to what everyone’s thinking: Orbis is just a codename, and the console will be called the PS4.

Interesting developments indeed – whilst we can only guess at what Singularity might be about (and at least one publisher might well object) we can infer that it’ll be something to do with the Kara demo and is almost certainly for next-gen.

:wOOtjumpy:/> :wOOtjumpy:/>

Rumours: Durango to be called "Xbox", MS to make X-Surface portable gaming system

The Xbox 720 will not be called that when it is finally announced. Instead, Microsoft will be reverting to the name of its first games console released 11 years ago, Xbox.

In addition, it will be seen as a hub to a number of devices to carry an "X" branding, one of which will be the much-rumoured 7-inch gaming tablet, which Pocket-lint has learnt will be called X-Surface, not Xbox Surface as previously thought.

The X-Surface will not be a Windows 8 or Windows RT device, we have been told by a tipster very close to the project who, naturally, wishes to remain anonymous. Instead, it will be a standalone portable gaming system. On launch, we are informed, it will be able to access the games, music and video hubs of the new Xbox, but will not have any apps of its own. It will not have a desktop as part of its operating system, rather be entirely focused on playing full console-quality games.

Although there are no technical specifications touted, we have also been told that the X-Surface tablet has much improved hardware over a Surface RT. With the source claiming that he/she "witnessed Unreal Engine 3 demos running at a solid 60fps".

There are also unconfirmed rumours that the X-Surface will have a proprietary 2.4GHz wireless protocol for compatibility with Xbox 360 controllers and, it is said, future control devices.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/49454/xbox-720-called-xbox-x-surface

the all new xbox. i wonder which MS competitor did that before :giggle:

PS4 Specs

System Memory: 8GB

Video Memory: 2.2 GB

CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)

GPU: AMD R10xx

Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet

Drive: Blu-Ray

HDD: 160GB

Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

http://kotaku.com/5977849/the-playstation-4-has-a-new-controller-fancy-user-accounts-and-impressive-specs-so-far

PS4 Specs

System Memory: 8GB

Video Memory: 2.2 GB

CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)

GPU: AMD R10xx

Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet

Drive: Blu-Ray

HDD: 160GB

Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

http://kotaku.com/5977849/the-playstation-4-has-a-new-controller-fancy-user-accounts-and-impressive-specs-so-far

Whoa...impressive very impressive

Nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.

:rofl: :rofl:

X-Surface: Don’t believe everything you read.

I am a gamer. I don’t work for Microsoft.

I, like most other gamers, am sick of seeing endless rumours and speculation citing “anonymous sources” or “insiders” with no evidence, no proof, no guarantee that they’ve been fact-checked or can be relied on.

The games industry is the only one I can think of that will quite happily publish guesswork as news. So-called ‘analysts’ are no different - they make money by guessing. They’re about as much use as a ‘source’ as I am.

So let’s see how easy it is to be a ‘source’.

At 1:41am GMT today I sent out an email to a bunch of gaming sites claiming to be a Microsoft employee working on the new Xbox.

I made up every single word of it along with a couple of specs copied from other rumours that have been appearing on the Internet.

This was a bit of an experiment to see just how easy it is to get a fake story taken seriously. And it is shockingly easy in the games industry.

VOmYmiT.png

http://x-surface.tumblr.com/post/41282771026/x-surface-dont-believe-everything-you-read

:lol:

Archived