Goodbyes thread

Sackboy

No.

I mean "just-another-brainwashed-individual-who-thinks-engineering/IIT", is the the only way to earn moolah.

The next thing you know, the guy is contributing to an already f**ked up brain-drain level.

Anyway, whatever. Good luck to you. Pursue engineering. Let the brainwashed faggots in the society take over your own mind, for all I care.

:lol: .

lol QFT

I still remember el classic conversation:

Friend: "Dude you sign up for JEE? Today is the last date"

Me: "Naaa not interested"

Friend: "Then why did you take science stream? "

Me: :mellow:

Cyclops

:majesty:

I love Non IItians (like you) ..

These are the people who didn't get in IIT so why not blame IIT ... It is the shittiest overrated college :lol:

Brain drain Blah Blah ...

IITians go out of India because they get a higher salary there joh unki aukad ko suit karti hai :)

Yeh mat bhool ki tujhko banane wala ek Non- IITian hai B)

:(

/sorry world

Actually, what Umang says has more to do with IIT students' mentality rather than IIT being overrated. It's the pinnacle of engineering institutes in India. But the brain-drain that Umang refers to occurs because of IIT graduates opting to work abroad or for a foreign firm for a better pay/living rather than working in India/for an Indian organisation (such as ISRO) and help our nation's cause . It's a very subjective matter. One can argue that Indian jobs in general pay very less compared to the foreign equivalents. One the other hand, another might argue that if these people can look keenly for an opportunity, they can find an equally well paying job in our country. In fact, the brain-drain phenomenon is not exclusive to IIT'ans. It can be applied to any talented young graduate. It's a person's wish as to what he wants to do in life, no one can criticise that. But the bottom line is, it has nothing to do with IIT. And neither is IIT overrated; it's the emphasis on getting into IIT that is overrated. I've even read about a case where a student had a nervous breakdown because of the effort she put into study and finally broke down on seeing the JEE paper! The parents then confessed they had imposed too much emphasis on her getting into the institute, and later realised the degree of their mistake.

The Process of getting into IIT is Irritating :thumbdown: You to have to study like Idiots to get into IIT`s :thumbdown: Some of my friends use to study like mad to get into IIT`s and still didn`t get into IIT after so much hard work,paying money to classes and dedication.Coaching classes suck fun from the life in 11th and 12th :thumbdown:

I also went to coaching classes for 3 months.For 3 months,my routine was go to school,after school,go to coaching classes for 4 and half hours and after that only thing you see is Bed :sleep: Where is fun after so much doing?That was the life at that time :( After 3 months,i left the coaching classes and studied on my own.IIT gaya tel lene :bigyellowgrin: Will accept earning few less rather than going through such BS way of getting into IIT`s :thumbdown: IIT`s Suck to the core :bigyellowgrin: Not doubting their excellence just the process of getting into it :)

Couldnt clear the IIT but still no regrets B)

About brain-drain...i'd not really pay any attention to the words of a kid who is still to experience the work culture and things that go along with it. Let him come back and say the same thing after he has experienced 2-3 years in the service industry in India.

To give an analogy, would you like to live in the slums when you can afford a villa with all modern facilities? Patriots don't get offended.

About too much emphasis on studies...well what can i say about it except that education itself is over-rated and misunderstood over here. Engineering, medical, commerce, accounts,law, etc. are not the only forms of education.

Last thing...IITs are not for everyone...plus from what I've heard JEE as it exists now sucks...the JEE at my time was fun...I cleared it with a little extra preparation...and moreover I enjoyed solving the problems...nobody shoved them down my throat.

About brain-drain...i'd not really rely on the words of a kid who is still to experience the work culture and things that go along with it. Let him come back and say the same thing after he has experienced 2-3 years in the service industry in India.

To give an analogy, would you like to live in the slums when you can afford a villa with all modern facilities? Patriots don't get offended.

About too much emphasis on studies...well what can i say about it except that education itself is an over-rated and misunderstood over here. Engineering, medical, commerce, accounts,law, etc. are not the only forms of education.

Exactly!

If you go against the flow of the grain, you get so much of disdain from your *so called* well-wishers and people around you. It's got more to do with our culture. Most of us still let our parents decide what's best for us rather than choosing ourselves. That's good in certain areas, but studies is definitely not one of those. The typical mentality of the parent is to play safe (which is to go with the flow).

About your analogy cycle, it's way too harsh, but it does explain the point. And yeah, a person with experience in grinding for hours for a meagre pay in return and a person with the same qualification, yet working abroad would be able to comment better on a phenomenon such as brain drain. Basically it's upto the Indian govt. to level-up. If we get better pay in our home country, who'd want to leave home? (apart from the travel obsessed minority :P)

EDIT: You an IIT'an cycle? I didn't know that :P

LOL,cyclops sounds as if only IITians earn a very good sum and rest of the world earns Peanuts :lol: First of all,you shifted from the Topic by talking about service when the point was getting into IIT`s :doh: Why are you defending the IIT`s :naughty: We are not questioning its excellence and higher pay :giggle: Its about getting into the Institution that is Stupid :thumbdown:

My 1st cousin is from IIT Delhi, was amongst the top 15-20 of the batch, went to US for some research work with NASA, few years down the line left the research work for some Management degree in US and is now some doing some corporate job which is not even remotely associated to his earlier studies :majesty: . I use to look at him and think how nerdy can a guy be :lol: and now he is earning top dollars which i can only dream of :wallbash:

My 1st cousin is from IIT Delhi, was amongst the top 15-20 of the batch, went to US for some research work with NASA, few years down the line left the research work for some Management degree in US and is now some doing some corporate job which is not even remotely associated to his earlier studies :majesty: . I use to look at him and think how nerdy can a guy be :lol: and now he is earning top dollars which i can only dream of :wallbash:

You mean like that subhas something guy in 3 Idiot :lol:

My cousin loved maths, graduated from Upenn in maths & now runs a site/business independently.

My family looks upto him, I also do as I have no choice He's 6'2 :(

Bas boards may 85-90 aa jaye, so that I get the freedom to follow my interest :(

LOL,cyclops sounds as if only IITians earn a very good sum and rest of the world earns Peanuts :lol: First of all,you shifted from the Topic by talking about service when the point was getting into IIT`s :doh: Why are you defending the IIT`s :naughty: We are not questioning its excellence and higher pay :giggle: Its about getting into the Institution that is Stupid :thumbdown:

Do you have a problem in understanding English? I never defended IIT or JEE...in fact I did the opposite...I said the current form of JEE sucks...which is what even you are saying if what you have wrote above is actually what you mean to.

About the bolded part...looks like the only thing you are bothered about is...is earning money.

About the underlined part...it was an answer to the brain-drain comment.

And finally...learn English and how to comprehend what people say as it is...no wonder you did not last long in the JEE coaching.

You mean like that subhas something guy in 3 Idiot :lol:

My cousin loved maths, graduated from Upenn in maths & now runs a site/business independently.

My family looks upto him, I also do as I have no choice He's 6'2 :(

Bas boards may 85-90 aa jaye, so that I get the freedom to follow my interest :(

No he wasn't annoying, he was just nerdy, like no social life, no gf's and friends circle consisting of ppl like him. Maths has become kind of a prerequisite to be successful nowadays , every competitive exam has a major maths component to it, and i am borderline dyslexic, every time i see numbers on a paper , i become Neo and start seeing the green moving numbers and codes like the Matrix :(

No he wasn't annoying, he was just nerdy, like no social life, no gf's and friends circle consisting of ppl like him. Maths has become kind of a prerequisite to be successful nowadays , every competitive exam has a major maths component to it, and i am borderline dyslexic, every time i see numbers on a paper , i become Neo and start seeing the green moving numbers and codes like the Matrix :(

Same I can understand & learn anything if it's in theory form, numericals are just not my area of interest minus probability.

Do you have a problem in understanding English? I never defended IIT or JEE...in fact I did the opposite...I said the current form of JEE sucks...which is what even you are saying if what you have wrote above is actually what you mean to.

About the bolded part...looks like the only thing you are bothered about is...is earning money.

About the underlined part...it was an answer to the brain-drain comment.

And finally...learn English and how to comprehend what people say as it is...no wonder you did not last long in the JEE coaching.

Lol first of all try and understand what others say and then post if you understand their Posts.My post was about Entering IIT`s and brain drain in the preparation in getting to IIT`s and you related it to Service(Work) brain drain :doh: And then that Analogy :lol:

How did you get into IIT :giggle: You dont understand a simple thing :lol:

And that JEE Coaching,i left it myself.I didn`t get selected in IIT but managed to do quite well in AIEEE and get good engineering education in my college and i am very much happy at this point.

Lol Learnt today that IITians can be Fools also :bigyellowgrin:

Archived