Goodbyes thread

Sackboy

Lol first of all try and understand what others say and then post if you understand their Posts.My post was about Entering IIT`s and brain drain in the preparation in getting to IIT`s and you related it to Service(Work) brain drain :doh: And then that Analogy :lol:

How did you get into IIT :giggle: You dont understand a simple thing :lol:

And that JEE Coaching,i left it myself.I didn`t get selected in IIT but managed to do quite well in AIEEE and get good engineering education in my college and i am very much happy at this point.

Lol Learnt today that IITians can be Fools also :bigyellowgrin:

You really are an idiot...are you not?

Have you never heard of the term brain drain...geez...get out of the ignorance. Here - learn what brain drain means.

And I never replied to your post about brain drain...as i said...learn to comprehend.

Actually, what Umang says has more to do with IIT students' mentality rather than IIT being overrated. It's the pinnacle of engineering institutes in India. But the brain-drain that Umang refers to occurs because of IIT graduates opting to work abroad or for a foreign firm for a better pay/living rather than working in India/for an Indian organisation (such as ISRO) and help our nation's cause . It's a very subjective matter. One can argue that Indian jobs in general pay very less compared to the foreign equivalents. One the other hand, another might argue that if these people can look keenly for an opportunity, they can find an equally well paying job in our country. In fact, the brain-drain phenomenon is not exclusive to IIT'ans. It can be applied to any talented young graduate. It's a person's wish as to what he wants to do in life, no one can criticise that. But the bottom line is, it has nothing to do with IIT. And neither is IIT overrated; it's the emphasis on getting into IIT that is overrated. I've even read about a case where a student had a nervous breakdown because of the effort she put into study and finally broke down on seeing the JEE paper! The parents then confessed they had imposed too much emphasis on her getting into the institute, and later realised the degree of their mistake.

@hope - this is what i was replying to...stop thinking that the world revolves around you...you are too insignificant.

You really are an idiot...are you not?

Have you never heard of the term brain drain...geez...get out of the ignorance. Here - learn what brain drain means.

And I never replied to your post about brain drain...as i said...learn to comprehend.

I know what brain drain means :ack: Relate it to IIT Preparation,hindi main samjhou ab,itna padhana padta hai IIT ke liye ke pura Bheja Kharab,mentally tired to be exact.Not that Brain Drain :doh:

But no problem :kisstogether:

No he wasn't annoying, he was just nerdy, like no social life, no gf's and friends circle consisting of ppl like him. Maths has become kind of a prerequisite to be successful nowadays , every competitive exam has a major maths component to it, and i am borderline dyslexic, every time i see numbers on a paper , i become Neo and start seeing the green moving numbers and codes like the Matrix :(

Every person has his own ways of having fun,it may not be the same as yours but you cant they arent social or is not having fun.

Okay just seen this thread. In fact I just had a conversation with a schoolmate. He used to barely pass in all subjects in 11th and 12th and we all used to think he will end up very bad and won't do much in life. Last I heard, he was doing BE in some college in Chandrapur.

Cut to present, he is working in Toyota Japan. While our class topper has left his job due to work pressure and is preparing for mba.

Moral of the story: Education in India doesn't prepare you for your professional life. So choose wisely.

Okay just seen this thread. In fact I just had a conversation with a schoolmate. He used to barely pass in all subjects in 11th and 12th and we all used to think he will end up very bad and won't do much in life. Last I heard, he was doing BE in some college in Chandrapur.

Cut to present, he is working in Toyota Japan. While our class topper has left his job due to work pressure and is preparing for mba.

Moral of the story: Education in India doesn't prepare you for your professional life. So choose wisely.

Well if the placements thing are taken aside, then what you are saying is true. I have seen some outrageously plain jane stuff being taught in the IIT Business skool of roorkee, something which i did in the banking and insurance degree in Mumbai. Students blatantly copy pasting stuff from internet and in some cases Wikipedia and passing it off as their own without single edit and still all of them managed to land a hot shot job just cause of their college placements :suicide:

Education in India is a joke. Its built to produce knowledgeable people with zero creativity. Something that was really needed back when we were new (as we needed skilled people fast) we also needed to uplift certain sections of the society and reservations were introduced in this spirit

We no longer need this arrangement and this has become destructive rather than constructive. THIS IS WHY there is brain drain. Class Toppers either go for SAT or IIT SAT is easier than IIT so they go to a better college abroad.

My chemistry tutor is an iitian I never dared asking but I wonder why he doesn't get a better job. Maybe its because we look only for knowledge in entrances and not the person who has the knowledge.

Abroad people look at your character of which academics is a part and not just the whole you. Obviously better people are produced abroad. How many Indians have made a semi significant discovery/invention/innovation in India without foreign association?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Can't say about abroad but education has become a bussiness here. Most of the schools are a joke and higher education is in shambles here. Every day new schools and colleges are opening just to make quick money. You have to pay heavy donations even for prep schools nowadays. Teacher-student ratio is horrible at most of the places even in IIT's it's just about decent compared to other institutions over the world. And the government's solution is a cheap android tablet for the poor students.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel very bad about this. There is so much potential being wasted every year.

Last I heard, he was doing BE in some college in Chandrapur.

Cut to present, he is working in Toyota Japan

Holy F**k. There are only two Engineering collages in Chandrapur. One Government and one private. The government one didn't have a proper building, people used to sit in warehouse of some sort, and the private one sucked all kind of donkey balls. He did great.

Education in India is a joke. Its built to produce knowledgeable people with zero creativity. Something that was really needed back when we were new (as we needed skilled people fast) we also needed to uplift certain sections of the society and reservations were introduced in this spirit

Indian education system is very good if you follow it correctly. It is the students who decide to kill their creativity by copying/cheating/bunking and taking engineering as a joke (which is easy to understand as quite a few of them are pushed into the stream by their parents). Engineering is not supposed to be easy no matter where you study it. Believe it or not many good students still graduate from Indian universities. I am from a lesser known university and I can match those who are from the IIT's easily when it comes to problem solving and understanding (there are quite a few in the US university I am studying currently). Many students who come out of India are really good.

I would say that the Indian college/university system lacks research. Even though there is some really good research that goes around in institutions like IIT's, IISc, TIFR, ISI etc. But it is really less when you compare it with the research happening in US/European universities. Many papers I read in my area involve people from India but I cannot remember even one paper when the affiliated university was an Indian.

my two cents.

Anybody who underestimates IIT clearly does not understand that it is not only the course or the Profs that make the difference (though they do). The real difference comes from the amount and type of exposure the students from an IIT get. The kind of opportunities they get for summer projects. The kind of companies that lineup for placements. The amount of money that you can get in those companies is huge, but my personal thought is that the kind of work I can do say in a Google is much more challenging and interesting than the kind of work that I can do in say a TCS. THAT for me is the real benefit.

Archived