Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

I heard you will quit gaming once the next CD red game release due to MT.

Any truth to those rumors?

Please ask your top sekrit source for the 'truth'. Why ask me? 

I heard you will quit gaming once the next CD red game release due to MT.
Any truth to those rumors?
what no cdpr are the lord saviour of gaming they can do no wrong.. no mts.. just like no paid dlcs like how it was witcher 3 or was it not.. oh well atleast till release it was.. what was it 30 free dlcs..?? same way no mts.. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, sobbii said:

what no cdpr are the lord saviour of gaming they can do no wrong.. no mts.. just like no paid dlcs like how it was witcher 3 or was it not.. oh well atleast till release it was.. what was it 30 free dlcs..?? same way no mts.. emoji14.png

I had also said that The Witcher 3 would be a PC exclusive way back when. Best get hammering on that too folks. 

I had also said that The Witcher 3 would be a PC exclusive way back when. Best get hammering on that too folks. 
some other day...

today i wanna know is if i buy a car and later i get seat cover for it.. is that a micro transaction..??

Just now, sobbii said:

some other day...

today i wanna know is if i buy a car and later i get seat cover for it.. is that a micro transaction..??

Ask Joe, I cannot drive for the life of me. Too many accidents. 

Just now, sobbii said:

damn.. i am here in my car looking for links on the screen i cant find any.. :/

Did you buy the smart car DLC pack for $1799.99 when you bought the car or no? If no, please buy that first. 

Did you buy the smart car DLC pack for $1799.99 when you bought the car or no? If no, please buy that first. 
no but i got the tyre smoke dlc people are already getting jelly.. bout the smart car dlc will wait for sale.. [emoji14]

2 hours ago, sobbii said:

lmao worst comparison ever.. the phone case we use are bought for real life not for some random dude called whosthedaddy online.. the phone cover protects our phone but the cosmetic helmet you buy in an online doesnt do sh*t for you.. as far as sticker and other stuff go people get to flaunt it in real world..

I guess you have never played any MMO game before. 

that still doesnt justify your comparisions.. my phone doesnt doesnt show me that i can order a cover for it unless i search for it in my own..

Just now, sobbii said:

that still doesnt justify your comparisions.. my phone doesnt doesnt show me that i can order a cover for it unless i search for it in my own..

It's not just about the cover. There are plenty of things around which have basic MTs. 

Games don't show MTs either unless you look for it. People didn't even know AC games had MT for years. Only a few shove it down your face. 

It's not just about the cover. There are plenty of things around which have basic MTs. 

Games don't show MTs either unless you look for it. People didn't even know AC games had MT for years. Only a few shove it down your face. 
your whole argument is pointless.. how the hell something that you actually use in real life can be compared to your virtual world cosmetics mts.. you have taken this to whole another level.. anyway thats your opinion.. and i am pretty sure not a single one here would compare it like you have.. not even zodka now that tells something..

13 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

An MMO has to have a revenue stream which is decentralised, a regular AAA title which comes with DLC does not. 

And that is again before you consider the other ways AAA titles have killed their own revenue streams. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Except now that it is being shoved down the face people are like, okay, this is fine instead of being alarmed. 

Just now, sobbii said:

your whole argument is pointless.. how the hell something that you actually use in real life can be compared to your virtual world cosmetics mts.. you have taken this to whole another level.. anyway thats your opinion.. and i am pretty sure not a single one here would compare it like you have.. not even zodka now that tells something..

Again, different people, different kind of fun. Just because you have never played MMOs or games with heavy cosmetic MTs doesn't mean people don't spend it. The whole MMO scene lives on it. 

Maybe people in India don't but it is extremely common practice. The whole Valve market is built on cosmetic DLCs and people are fine with it. It's a social status to have cool items. Dumb as it might sound but it is true. 

Go get any MMO, drop in some $$$ for fancy armour and see how everyone reacts when you walk around it. 

Oh, Zodka knows very well about cosmetic MTs as he himself plays Skyforge whole day and it has a tonne of cosmetics. 

Again, different people, different kind of fun. Just because you have never played MMOs or games with heavy cosmetic MTs doesn't mean people don't spend it. The whole MMO scene lives on it. 

Maybe people in India don't but it is extremely common practice. The whole Valve market is built on cosmetic DLCs and people are fine with it. It's a social status to have cool items. Dumb as it might sound but it is true. 

Go get any MMO, drop in some $$$ for fancy armour and see how everyone reacts when you walk around it. 

Oh, Zodka knows very well about cosmetic MTs as he himself plays Skyforge whole day and it has a tonne of cosmetics. 

in short i need to spend to dress my virtual character up so a bunch of other people around me in the virtual world would react around me.. and what do i get out of it..? actually dont answer i dont even care.. but here if i get something in the real world it will serve its purpose to me.. its not like dropping money in an mmo just coz you do doesnt make the practice alright. about zodka he may have spent 1000 $ who cares atleast he dont go as far as saying hey i bought some cereals but had to spend some more as mts to get milk to go along with it...

also stop with all this may be not in india.. well this is an indian forum you will always get replies from an indians perspective..

Um, I guess you are not getting what cosmetics are. You should play it yourself and see the purpose.

And if you don't care, why even discuss it? It's not like they are tying your hands and forcing you to buy any of it or any of it is affecting your game. 

Just to compare, this is how Battlefront 2 pushes loot boxes,

Battlefront_loot.thumb.jpg.362e5b251aaa23aa698841df4814164b.jpg

Vis-à-vis how War Thunder an F2P title does it, 

bR7iWe0.jpg

Edited by ALPHA17

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Eh, yesterday I was playing Syndicate and wanted to craft certain weapon. The game told me I'm missing some ingredients and asked would I like to acquire them, so I clicked yes. Now in Horizon this would normally result in creating a quest that rewards you with those specif items so I thought cool, they copied it from Syndicate. But nope, game took me straight to helix purchase screen :lol:

• Like 1

Um, I guess you are not getting what cosmetics are. You should play it yourself and see the purpose.

And if you don't care, why even discuss it? It's not like they are tying your hands and forcing you to buy any of it or any of it is affecting your game. 

please enlighten us here what are cosmetics..

i really dont care i am not even arguing with you about cosmetics.. it just amuses me that the lengths you are going comparing 2 different practices in 2 completely different worlds and tagging them mts why because a game that you are looking forward is having mts and people have voiced it against it..

you are sounding sillier and sillier with every reply..
anyways i guess i will leave you with your analogy..

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Wut? I have seen tons of my friends buying these on Steam. CS GO and Doto are among most popualr games in India.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Numbers, MTx, and Fiscal sales discussion thread