IVG Podcast 45: Ubisoft Forward, Microsoft's cross-gen policy

One year after the last one, we’re back with the latest episode of the IVG Podcast, India's original gaming podcast. We just won’t go away! And what a good time to come back too, hot on the heels of the Ubisoft Forward event.

watch-dofs-legion-002.jpg

This episode of the IVG Podcast is predominantly focussed on what went down during Ubisoft’s digital event, but here’s a detailed look at what you can expect from this comeback episode that features Sam (HundredProofSam), Nash, and newcomer to the podcast, Gagan (x1n):

• The surprise of the Ubisoft Forward show: Watch Dogs Legion
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s gameplay debut
  • Cross-gen games and Microsoft’s policy to release future games on Xbox One
  • Ubisoft’s utter disdain for Splinter Cell
  • We’ll never see another Prince of Persia game
  • Far Cry 6 expectations
  • Does Hyper Scape have the legs to compete with the big boys of battle royale?
  • The Last of Us Part II appreciation segment
  • Nash contemplates playing Death Stranding on PC

You can listen to the latest episode as well as all the previous (ancient) ones on IVG Podcast on Anchor. We're working to also get the latest episodes on all the platforms where you get your podcasts - Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more - very soon.

• Like 4

Just now, HundredProofSam said:

Podcast section is back from the dead, and so is the IVG Podcast. As I mentioned in the podcast, big shoutout to @i_rock098 for the support and encouragement over the years.

We hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback as well a suggestions for future episodes.

We hope to do one before the Xbox showcase. Any topc suggestions for that one?

does it have last of us spoilers ?

Podcast section is back from the dead, and so is the IVG Podcast. As I mentioned in the podcast, big shoutout to [mention=2437]i_rock098[/mention] for the support and encouragement over the years.

We hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback as well a suggestions for future episodes.

We hope to do one before the Xbox showcase. Any topc suggestions for that one?
OMG!!!!! I can't this is really happening. At this time the IVG podcast has come back from the dead more times than the undertaker. It's been such a long wait. It was 2015 if I remember correctly that you did it regularly. Infact I had no idea what a podcast was before the IVG Podcast (well i joined during the GI days but don't think there was a GI podcast). And all the episodes have been really good.

I had no idea you guys read my reddit post about the IVG podcast. That's super awesome of you guys to give me a shoutout. I was bugging Rishi so much for the podcast to be back since you are basically a ghost when it comes to social media [emoji14]

As for the podcast itself it was really good, you guys covered the Ubisoft show really well. I don't want to jinx it but i really hope you make this a weekly thing.

Small suggestion for next week, do your predictions for next gen console prices in India and how they will fare here.

I think I am the official IVG podcast fanboi now. [emoji41]

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, hazard12345 said:

does it have last of us spoilers ?

Nope. I just rage a bit against the f**king whiners who hate on the game without playing it. 

16 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

OMG!!!!! I can't this is really happening. At this time the IVG podcast has come back from the dead more times than the undertaker. It's been such a long wait. It was 2015 if I remember correctly that you did it regularly. Infact I had no idea what a podcast was before the IVG Podcast (well i joined during the GI days but don't think there was a GI podcast). And all the episodes have been really good.

I had no idea you guys read my reddit post about the IVG podcast. That's super awesome of you guys to give me a shoutout. I was bugging Rishi so much for the podcast to be back since you are basically a ghost when it comes to social media emoji14.png

As for the podcast itself it was really good, you guys covered the Ubisoft show really well. I don't want to jinx it but i really hope you make this a weekly thing.

Small suggestion for next week, do your predictions for next gen console prices in India and how they will fare here.

I think I am the official IVG podcast fanboi now. emoji41.png

:clap3:

Thank you.

Yeah I was thinking that since our next episode would probably be before the Xbox showcase, we could do one around next gen consoles in general.

Also at least one of us will have played Ghost of Tsushima so we’ll talk about that a bit more.

Any other topic suggestions?
I think a dedicated episode on next gen consoles is a great idea and much needed. Have some suggestions for topics, do pick up the ones you like and feel like discussing.

Your thoughts on the next gen consoles 

How much do you think they will be priced in India, will it be in sync with the global launch dates and how well they will sell at that price here

Does the digital only console make sense for India? 

Any chance that the series x could improve on the non existing market share of Xbox in India. 

Is SSD really going to be the game changer like it's touted to be and will this translate to cheaper SSD prices for PC?

Your opinions on Xbox being so upfront about backward compatibility while Sony being so vague. Will this affect the playstation brand? 

Your thoughts on next gen first party line up of Xbox and PS. 

Your thoughts on all Xbox games coming to PC & some Sony games (Detroit, Death Stranding, Horizon etc). 

Your thoughts on game pass, is it the future? and will it help solve the piracy problem in India like the steam regional pricing has? 

Is the 70$ price of NBA 2K for next gen the new standard? How will that translate to prices in India for next gen games. 

Any chance multi-player would be free on next gen consoles as some people have been demanding. Is forcing people to buy PSN+ & gold just to play multi-player on games you own fair? 

Thoughts on the router type look of PS5 and it's huge size. 

Damn dude, that’s the entire podcast right there. default_bigyellowgrin.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We better get cracking then.
Hahahah, there's just so many things happening at the moment. You guys came back at just the perfect time with the podcast. Like seriously the timing could not have been better. Eagerly waiting for your next podcast. :cheers:
No download link?
You can load the RSS link into your favorite podcast app, I use pocket casts. I just copied the rss link from their site to the app and it loaded all the podcast right from 2013 to now. You can then download tyne podcast for offline listening from the app.