The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

it's two to three months max, some people got it in even one month

I wanted to know more about how the public here feels about that car.

Its a decent car though I would prefer swift over it, the new interiors look good.

Regarding waiting it is def 5 months in bangalore maybe its better in mumbai.

as far as i know the interior in the new dzire and the new swift is the same(shared)..... and the dzire doesn't really have a significantly larger boot than the swift... and the swift comes with a stereo as well (bro has it so know that for sure)....

as far as i know the interior in the new dzire and the new swift is the same(shared)..... and the dzire doesn't really have a significantly larger boot than the swift... and the swift comes with a stereo as well (bro has it so know that for sure)....

first bold no - dzire has better interiors,I test drove both swift and dzire VDI version so I know first hand

second bold - again no, the boot on dzire is around 200 liters more, if that is not significant to you then I don not know what can be :P

third bold - the stereo comes inbuilt in ZDI/ZXI versions of Swift but not in VDI/VXI. however it comes inbuilt in even VDI/VXI of Dzire, that is the one I am looking to buy

Aman, swift does look better but even the new Dzire is not at all bad looking, frankly I think for me the usability outdoes the looks, so I chose Dzire :)

Abhi, I did take a look at Tata Manza and Toyota etios, Ford Fiesta Classic, but frankly in the entry level Sedan segment, Maruti outdoes everybody else. This car drives better than Manza, looks better than Etios, and has lower maintanence as compared to Fiesta Classic. So I chose this.

Edited by avkash

Abhi, I did take a look at Tata Manza and Toyota etios, Ford Fiesta Classic, but frankly in the entry level Sedan segment, Maruti outdoes everybody else. This car drives better than Manza, looks better than Etios, and has lower maintanence as compared to Fiesta Classic. So I chose this.

Are sedans the only priority, and diesel too, or only petrol?

Because an Alfa Romeo isn't in the same galaxy as a Maruti Suzuki.

If we were to speak strictly in technical terms, yes they do exist in the same universe :fear:

I was going to get swift, but the dzire is only 50K costlier, it is roomier, comes with a stereo (swift does not) and has a bigger boot, I think all this is worth 50 K

yeah, Dzire looks to be a much better option then swift. BTW how good is the boot size of the car? i have not driven or seen the boot of new Dzire, is it really small as compared to the old dzire?