Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

it doesn't have to be for the trading post at all when you think about it. Take the games section for eg. If you wanted to just see the playstation games because thats the console you own you'd have to go by visual markers but if you have a cloud function sitting on the side then filtering becomes easier. If you are more interested in seeing it in its raw form then your allowed to do that too. Filtering doesn't really hurt anything unless there is a consensus that everyone has to read everything. Plus, it would become easier for users to do searching on older items and in addition allows the flexibility of tagging individual content items for later use as well? Eg. you write a post that is useful for lets say strategies in FFXIII and it starts to become a trend. The current approach is to tell people to read the entire post and find what you've written but if you simply tag them with pre-defined tags just click the cloud and voila your where you need to be seeing the information you need to see. It may seem over-the-top for a forum at present but having strong information dissemination never hurts any kind of content-driven site in the longer run. Your enabling both admins and users in this case but like I said earlier there has to be an opening for this to be deployed.

^ It's a good idea. Let me see if IPB supports tags.

Thanks for looking into it Sam. Let me know if you'll need ideas it seems all my work and other things in my life are revolving around clouds and their operation these days.

snazzy ... me likes ... anyone up for a test run? just tried the first one and it works well. Also like that the collapsible menu at the top isn't obtrusive. Now, they just have to start using it :)

Just used it on my Castlevania post and was wondering if we now need rules governing this? I used

playstation 3, xbox 360, castlevania, action

Also, do you know if the cloud offers anything in terms of showing a higher count on used tags? For eg. playstation is used more than action so it shows that visually? *Edit* nm answered my own question by testing it on my own topic in the Games thread. works just as expected

Edited by Mel81x

Let me add to that. Offer tagging on TP or general forum items and then offer a tag cloud on the left hand side that allows you to filter content based on what you want to see. For eg. You tag a news item as Sony, Playstation, Gremlins. Then in the tag cloud ud see all these links and all you do is click a link and it shows u only Playstation or Sony or Gremlin related posts. Beats the search engine that is there right now and offers users a smarter way of filtering what they need. The question is does the forum code support it ? The same could apply to users as well but that defeats the purpose of reading a topic-trail and is already available in some form in the profiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlin WTFOOK ?

^^^

Its what you say when things go wrong and you can't explain whats going on like theres a gremlin in the code or something of that nature. Plus, I just tagged my castlevania post and it worked fine for me.

Do we perhaps need to have people follow some kind of generic format for stating platforms? like PS3, X360, Wii? Etc?

Edited by Mel81x

there is some problem with the display. I am using Mozilla Firefox and the line "Signed in as Sugats>0>SignOut" overlaps the Indian Video gamer header. Is it just me?

same problem with me :blink:

Because there is the breaking news thread. There may be a difference in the terms but people will use neither after 7 days as we have seen in the past few years. So there's no point in opening another thread which does the same thing and no one uses.

Well imo the extra caption "tag" being added at the top creates less space at the top for the IVG logo which get's pushed down, and the reason why others may not be experiencing it must be because they use a resolution greater than 1024*768 :fear:

error.jpg