Alan Wake

SchizoidFreud

@Afty: Well..

If any game deserved to be like GTA, it was Alan Wake. I don't think there has ever been an open-world survival-horror game. It would have been great driving around and talking to people during the day, and then have night kick in, with stores closing and people getting off the streets. Sigh..

ya scary to think of the situation.....I so wish this game is gonna be an epic for all the time in the world it's taken.....

If any game deserved to be like GTA, it was Alan Wake. I don't think there has ever been an open-world survival-horror game. It would have been great driving around and talking to people during the day,

taking someone to a disco, then have a hot coffee ....

If any game deserved to be like GTA, it was Alan Wake. I don't think there has ever been an open-world survival-horror game. It would have been great driving around and talking to people during the day, and then have night kick in, with stores closing and people getting off the streets. Sigh..

So damn right man. That would've been awesome and creepy at the same time.

If it works properly then sure by all means put it in. But if the developers can see that linearity would make a better experience then I am thankful they have enough guts to scrap the open world idea and start over (even if it means long delays) instead of handing us a game where you are walking back and forth 40% of the time (like PoP, FC2 etc) in a dead, boring landscape.

Shoving an open world just for the sake of a bullet point only leads to game lengthening backtracking. I would rather they cut the fat out and just leave us the fun parts.

If it works properly then sure by all means put it in. But if the developers can see that linearity would make a better experience then I am thankful they have enough guts to scrap the open world idea and start over (even if it means long delays) instead of handing us a game where you are walking back and forth 40% of the time (like PoP, FC2 etc) in a dead, boring landscape.

Shoving an open world just for the sake of a bullet point only leads to game lengthening backtracking. I would rather they cut the fat out and just leave us the fun parts.

+1.

For a game that messes with your mind, a tight narrative is far more important. As our experience with open world gaming has shown, its not conducive to keeping you absorbed in the story. Infamous did a pretty good job, but only because the story was pure fluff to begin with.

Remedy defends Alan Wake changes

“It's always tough to change big things in a game,” he wrote.

“Max Payne was originally to have a multiplayer, but we dropped it. It certainly made some people sad, but the game was better because of the hard decision.”

“It's natural that new game IPs evolve over time. To avoid any kind of design communication changes, we would need to start talking about them only 6-12 months before release,” he added.

“This increases the publisher side risk tremendously and raising any awareness for a new brand in a short time is difficult. We could perhaps start talking about the game late if we were an internal team for a big publisher, but the rules are a bit different for independent developers....”

Ban me, why?

Bah! little chick-let

Anywho, the game seems interesting, apart from the EPIC years in development and the improved rendering with every trailer.

Remedy now!

Are you...... communicating in haikus?

PC version to be delayed?

"Unfortunately all I can say at this point is that we're focusing all our efforts on the 360 version and will be making comments in regards to the PC at a later time," writes MarkusRMD - presumably Markus Maki, head of development - on the Alan Wake forum.

:(

So what will it be? Crappy port or delayed version. :wallbash: