Gaming PCs

AtheK

Future-proofing ftw :P .

Not really. Have seen the Chip guys test the GTX580, does admirably at that res. And in REAL games. Not just synthetic benchmarks :) .

3D Mark 11 does really chew up system resources.It has some OMFG graphics.Even games like Crysis,UC3 pale in comparison with the graphics in the demo.I only get around 10 FPS on my ATI 5770.

Edited by Ameet

Well the benchmarks used are rarely off mark. Look at 3d mark vantage. The two clips they use for benchmarking are bang on in terms of graphics in the last year. There are games which look much better. Same with the DX11 benchmark - they seem unplayable now at 10 fps, but give the hardware 6 months to catch up. The jungle clips could be straight out of Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

• 3 weeks later...

820 mhz stock clock :panic:. Isnt the 580 supposed to have 772mhz core clock? So this card is going to be faster than 580? With new graphics cards and new sandybridge processors its hard to resist buying a new rig :panic:

Edited by landmarktiger

Ummm...MSI, Asus and the others are selling factory OC'd 460s with 1Ghz. There was headroom on the GTX460. Don't see the same happening here.

I thought the factory OC was somewhere around 800-850mhz (from stock 675) and user could further OC it to just above 900mhz. Which car does 1Ghz?

Where did you get gtx 460 for 8.7k? the cheapest i found was 13k. Or is that the 768mb version you are talking about?

1gb version...i got it from local computer store....if 13k is the mrp thn i got a deal ahhh :naughty: i know the shop owner...he is my good friend...and they usually get huge profit on the cards...but when i bought it he told me he got 0 profit out of this deal...

@buzz light year :hug: i like this smiley thats why :naughty:

Edited by kaka_messi

• 2 weeks later...

should I upgrade my processor to Phenom II X6 ?

need sugesstion I currently own core 2 quad.

dont i5 has better performance than Phenom X6 !!

bro phenom is for the mathematical guys and animators only intel is the way to go for gaming !