The Ebay Thread

In all likelihood the seller will open an unpaid item case on your account if you don't pay. You will then have 4 days to pay up. If you don't eBay will record an unpaid item strike on your account. A few of those will permanently delete your ID.

My suggestion is to wait. The purchase will automatically drop from a 'must buy if bid' status after the 30th day. No worries after that. However, if he does open a case against you, simply pay for the item, get it, and then open a case against him claiming "item not as described . eBay will refund your money after a step by step process of about 3 weeks.

However, if he does open a case against you, simply pay for the item, get it, and then open a case against him claiming "item not as described . eBay will refund your money after a step by step process of about 3 weeks.

This. Paisapay has got you covered I think. :good:

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in buying a nintendo 3ds and there is a considerable price difference in the xl model being offered on ebay and other online retailers.Here's the link :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Blue-Black-with-Mario-Kart-7-Pre-Installed-/370744527466?pt=IN_Video_Game_Systems&hash=item5652188a6a#ht_2190wt_1139

Without the game bundle it costs 17K on ebay whereas on flipkart it is around 22k.So should I buy from this seller ( is it safe?)' coz this will be my first time...

• 2 months later...

Guys I made an order on Ebay India few minutes ago. Have never used ebay before.

I opted for a Guest account instead of signing up and chose COD as payment. The order got processed and everything as per the sms i got on my phone (i was asked to confirm via an sms after i checked out on the site). Trouble is that i have not received any information about the said order on my email. I havent got any transaction ID by which i can check the process. All i have is a token ID number (for ebay) that i got on sms.

How does this guest sign in and purchase thing work ?

Guys I made an order on Ebay India few minutes ago. Have never used ebay before.

I opted for a Guest account instead of signing up and chose COD as payment. The order got processed and everything as per the sms i got on my phone (i was asked to confirm via an sms after i checked out on the site). Trouble is that i have not received any information about the said order on my email. I havent got any transaction ID by which i can check the process. All i have is a token ID number (for ebay) that i got on sms.

How does this guest sign in and purchase thing work ?

Nimo rani, i dont think there is any kind of login for Guests.

Did you enter the info correctly while filling up the form?

I think wait a few days and the order shall automatically show up on your house. But if you are still unsatisfied or want the tracking contact ebay customer care over here - http://ocsnext.ebay.in/ocs/home

My experience with the CC was good. But i will suggest waiting for a few days if there is no problem.

Ok something odd has happened.

I had ordered a particular good (as mentioned in preceding post) and got an email regarding a set date of delivery, which happens to be sometime in next week. It is a COD order. The seller has shipped it, as per the tracking code.

Now a few mins ago I got an sms from ebay that the buyer (me) has rejected accepting delivery and the item is being returned, asking the receiver of the sms to contact the shipping company.

Ok wtf??

1. This sms was clearly meant for the seller why am I getting it?

2. The situation described in the sms is bogus, I never received any shipment so question of me rejecting it absurd. Moreover the estimated delivery date is a few days from now.

Is this a normal occurrence for eBay?

Gonna shoot an email to their CC.

Nemo, if you have the tracking number (you should) then call up the courier guys and verify the status. And always good to contact seller directly.

This your "guest account" purchase or you finally made an ebay account?

I registered formally after placing the order, just to have proper access to ebay's customer care and stuff. They allow you to make a proper account using the random id generated when you use a guest account for a deal.

I have dropped a message to the seller, and curiously I have got a positive feedback regarding the deal, when no deal actually took place. Honestly i have no idea what the hell is going on here. Thankfully it was a cod so no money has been lost from my side but i sure as hell would like to get some answers.

As for tracking, the product started from its base in Ahemdabad, reached Delhi, reached a local warehouse in Delhi and just made a U-turn. The delivery address is of a city in Ncr and as per tracking info the item made rounds of delhi and is now heading back, meaning it never even came in the district here.

Contact seller and ask for explanation. Sometimes seller are out of stock, so who knows whether he actually shipped something, that to, to a right address or not. At last do leave him a negative feedback. Good thing is its cod. Hope it is sorted out soon. Ebay does mess up sometimes.

Sent from Xperia SL

Thanks for the tips guys.

The seller has replied saying they will look into the matter and will get back to me.

Man, eBay turned out be pretty confusing and troublesome. This is my first ever use of its site, and I only went there cause the item listed was nearly 1000 rs cheaper than flipkart's listing and the seller at eBay had over two thousand feedbacks with 99 percent positive.

I have almost always used flipkart and occasionally amazon (both us and very recently indian arm) and playasia and nearly every deal was smooth, without any hassle. The cc at fk and amazon india is pretty good.

While here at eBay I never got any notification regarding this absurd turn of events, either in email or ebay inbox. Just got an sms that was clearly meant for the seller judging by the way it was addressed, and am still at loss for the reasons as to why the order allegedly arrived nearly a week before estimated date and how it got 'refused' by me when it never even entered my city's borders let alone it coming at my doorstep.

Not going to bother with ebay ever again for any order. just want a proper reply from seller regarding the status and clearance of confusion, so I can look elsewhere for the item in question.

I've purchased a decent number of items from Ebay and never had any trouble.. Don't discard it just on the basis of one experience.

Use your registered account from next time and ensure you leave feedback, good or bad so the sellers stay on their toes.

Buy from ebay.com instead of ebay.in..have imported many items through ebay.com and the service is awesome! Reason being the sellers in ebay.com are much more decent and actually care about customer service. Also some items are cheaper on .com than .in

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Archived