PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

PoeToaster

Ok so bought this and loaded up to see how it runs for a quick game. 

Kinda unoptimized but fine, whatever. My question is how come some guys can parachute in with a weapon and I am stuck with my fists till I find one? How do I equip a weapon for a drop?

6 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Ok so bought this and loaded up to see how it runs for a quick game. 

Kinda unoptimized but fine, whatever. My question is how come some guys can parachute in with a weapon and I am stuck with my fists till I find one? How do I equip a weapon for a drop?

There is no way they have weapons on them before they land and start looting, unless they're hacking. They're most likely landing faster than you.

So if you jumped out after them and didn't nosedive down at full speed, they will get weapons before you obviously. 

So jump out whenever or wherever you want, but keep an eye out as in where everyone is going.

Land near a bunch of houses or building where a few people or no one has landed there...yet

The plane gets empty at the end of its path, you will auto thrown out with a bunch of afk'ers.

Sometimes I like to jump at the end cause the plane will be empty and you'll jump at a spot where there will be no one most likely

But you might get far from the initial circle. So get you gear and find a vehicle and start moving

You can also do the same if you land on a crowded place, find a vehicle first and drive somewhere safe asap.

^^Servers were laggy to the point of it being unplayable. They fixed it though. 

I am weirdly good and bad at this game. I can stay alive, find weapons and items and move from point to point really well. I am just totally garbage at the combat though. Which means I will end up in the last 20-30 people alive in most games I play. Never fire a shot. And then die to the first guy that sees me. :lol:

Which also means I tend to do worse when I play with friends cause then we go looking for fights that I cant win. Part of that is because I am not used to the way weapons handle. I kinda wish there was a small scale death match option in this game so I could get used to weapons a little better. Because I rarely get to shoot any in a normal game. :P

It is an amazingly tense game though. Especially if you play solo. Like last time I was playing alone and scavenging and someone shot at me and I nearly jumped out of the chair in shock.

Also a shout out to the sound design of this game. It is exceptional. 

Edited by Aftrunner

On 8/4/2017 at 9:12 PM, Joe Cool said:

Why?

__

wmNHa44.png I wonder how long can they maintain it. 

How long till some big publisher copies the formula and makes a real polish PUBG style game?

Ubisoft clearly showed interest in making PUBG style game

http://www.gamezone.com/news/ubisoft-interested-in-adding-playerunknown-s-battlegrounds-like-modes-to-their-games-3455625

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

How long till some big publisher copies the formula and makes a real polish PUBG style game?

They cannot. Simple. PuBG exists because the team behind it has been making this kind of a game-mode in other games. 

UBISOFT can spew whatever the hell they want to spew but unless they are interested in going through all the way through for the title it will end up like For Honor. 

You cant easily chase fads in video games. Problem is a finished game usually takes 2-3 years before you can put it out. So if Ubi starts making a BR game because of this it will be around 2018-2019 before they can get it out. By that time people would have already moved on from this to whatever else is hot. DayZ, Rust, H1Z1, Ark etc whatever is the new hotness of the month. 

The only way you could do it is Early access. And not a lot of people will pay up for an early access Ubi game. I mean their final released games are buggier than EA so .... yeah lol. 

Edit : It is insane that this game has overtaken CSGO. 

Edited by Aftrunner

4 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Edit : It is insane that this game has overtaken CSGO. 

It is a perfect twitch title, I think someone did a video explaining this phenomenon, Ah! Here, 

• Like 1

It is fun to watch, I have been watching Lirik play a fair bit of it. 

But it would be doing the game a disservice if we attribute that to its success. Because it is genuinely a really fun game to play. And it does so many small things right that a lot of MP games completely f**k up.