No Custom Duties on Consumer Electronics Incl Mobile Phones valued upto Rs 50,000

They may have raised the limit, but I think there are restrictions on the amount of foreign currency that can be spent by Indians. I don't think we are technically allowed to spend 50000rs worth of foreign currency without going on a foreign trip or without proper approvals.

I could be wrong, though.

They may have raised the limit, but I think there are restrictions on the amount of foreign currency that can be spent by Indians. I don't think we are technically allowed to spend 50000rs worth of foreign currency without going on a foreign trip or without proper approvals.

Until you are using ur credit card I don't think any such limit implies.

Until you are using ur credit card I don't think any such limit implies.

so we can order mobile phone, gpu, external hard disk, monitor from newegg/amazon directly and if it falls within 50k there will not be any import tax/duty right?

so we can order mobile phone, gpu, external hard disk, monitor from newegg/amazon directly and if it falls within 50k there will not be any import tax/duty right?

Technically yes, though I will wait for entire list of allowed goods to be published.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Technically yes, though I will wait for entire list of allowed goods to be published.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hope you words become true but i don't think it is cause what they meant was Now we don't need licence (iec) to import personal items upto 50k, previously it was capped to 2k only. This is nothing to do with custom duties... You have to pay custom duties even if you order something under 2000 INR. Only exception is GIFT upto 10k.

Read comments here : https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/4ybf43/now_you_can_import_consumer_goods_upto_50000_inr/

At first when i saw this news i was mad and shopping spree mood , thought immediately that now its the time to bust newegg and amazon.com lol and get my GTX 1080 HYBRID asap then after reading these comments i got hold of myself and came back to reality that i live in India not Dubai :(

I hope you words become true but i don't think it is cause what they meant was Now we don't need licence (iec) to import personal items upto 50k, previously it was capped to 2k only. This is nothing to do with custom duties... You have to pay custom duties even if you order something under 2000 INR. Only exception is GIFT upto 10k.

Read comments here : https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/4ybf43/now_you_can_import_consumer_goods_upto_50000_inr/

At first when i saw this news i was mad and shopping spree mood , thought immediately that now its the time to bust newegg and amazon.com lol and get my GTX 1080 HYBRID asap then after reading these comments i got hold of myself and came back to reality that i live in India not Dubai :(

talk about posts that can push you into depression :(

talk about posts that can push you into depression :(

all dreams of purchase just blown away within a sec lol :/ after realizing the reality behind that notice .... :(, bloody Indian retailers selling GTX 1070 and 1080 with such huge price raping the emotion and feelings of Indian gamers , for example the RX480 price that is pathetic difference i must say among all the latest products released in 2016.... :(

all dreams of purchase just blown away within a sec lol :/ after realizing the reality behind that notice .... :(, bloody Indian retailers selling GTX 1070 and 1080 with such huge price raping the emotion and feelings of Indian gamers , for example the RX480 price that is pathetic difference i must say among all the latest products released in 2016.... :(

Exactly. I was planning on an upgrade now that pascal GPUs are out but looks like I have to pay extra as always.

• 2 weeks later...

i am travelling to UK next week so i was wondering what all i could pick up with out being subjected to customs upon my return!

1. Steam Game controller/Steam Link

2. noise cancelling surround sound wireless headphones with mic - not sure which model i can find

Archived