What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

Oh...that steelbook is in a bad condition. You should see it when it is spanking new...it was my first steelbook...and its still maintained just like new :D

Yeah, its seen better days. I also have a KZ3 steelbook which (as my friend put it), "looks like someone used to play ping-pong with". And a KZ2 steelbook which is still brand new mint condition, not even a single scratch or dent.

I'll be buying BF3 now, and will keep that baby the way it deserves to be treated :)

Welcome to the club. How do you like it so far?

Not sure if you are a Mac user previously but if you are one like me, you will probably hate the charger for the newer one. The older charger which is more like point-and-stick style is a lot better.

I like it a lot. No, I'm new to OS X and Macbooks. I've been on Windows all along till now. Compared to other laptops I've had this is pretty much the slimmest and lightest one ever.

But I'm returning it.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Why?

Perhaps good sense which had so obviously abandoned him decided to come back?

Nope, loose key on the keyboard. Decided to turn it in and got another piece at Lenox Square Mall's Apple Store which (joy of joys) had the faster Samsung SSD in it (as against the slower Toshiba one in the first piece I got from Apple Online Store). :wOOtjumpy:

Ref: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/apple/2011-macbook-air-shipping-with-fast-samsung-and-slow-toshiba-ssds/10701

Might not have made a huge difference in daily usage but hey, it would have been something that nagged me all day if I'd settled with the Toshiba :)

As far as good sense goes, I still use a Windows ASUS N50VN for heavy duty stuff like gaming and MATLAB. This is just for my on-campus long-battery-life needs and it makes perfect sense to use this. One of the Lenovos might have been an excellent choice too on the windows side of things but it costs more spec-to-spec, add to that the fact that my $530 gift card on the Apple Store was lying unused. :P

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire