Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

i think it'll be sweet if we can arrange a movie night a such, used to 4 times a week back in the UK, but unfortunately, im still new in india. but i think in the near future i would like to organize such a weekly or month event. movie-thon maybe.

For sure, sounds great!

Futurama Movie ‘Bender’s Big Score’ leaked!!

Here are some good news for our fellow lovers of Futurama, the movie ‘Bender’s Big Score’ has leaked online!

We don’t know how but the movie set to be released direct to dvd in a week has already made it online to several movie sharing networks.

No doubt a lot of Futurama fans will love this, one wonders what Matt Groening and company thinks.

Not posting links on purpose

--MT

I think I already posted links somewhere in this thread. Its a pretty decent movie

MT, the second Dark Knight poster you posted earlier is a fake (the one with The Joker). It's actually a photoshopped image of a silent era movie...

Either way, I have to stress on this again... GO WATCH BEOWULF NOW!!!

^^ and U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me..." was pretty good too...

As far as Batman movies go... here's how I see them...

Batman (the 60's movie) - Most of you won't be aware of this. It was a feature length adaptation of the 60s series starring Adam West and Burt Ward. Like the series it's campy as hell and doesn't take itself too seriously. Obviously it's all forgiven since it was made before more serious writers took over the Batman comics. I remember watching this movie when I was like 9 or 10 and I liked it.

Batman '89 (Tim Burton) - This was the best Batman movie until Batman Begins came out. Jack Nicholson as The Joker totally overshadowed Michael Keaton's Batman. Like all other Tim Burton movies, it was very gothic in terms of sets and overall look. The Batmobile was totally badass! It also has the famous Danny Elfman Batman theme which was again used in the sequel. The only thing I didn't like was that it showed Joker was the one who murdered Bruce Wayne's parents. Which doesn't make sense at all and it makes Batman more of a revenge story, which it's not. Batman Begins nailed this.

Batman Returns (Tim Burton) - Direct sequel to the '89 Batman with Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman and Danny DeVito as Penguin. It's even darker than the '89 Batman and has more action. I really liked this one. It's a lot better than the next two in the series. Oh yeah and did I mention Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman??

Batman Forever (Joel Schumacher) - So now Val Kilmer becomes Batman and Robin is introduced. I didn't exactly like this movie but it was still watchable. Jim Carrey was perfect for Riddler. Tommy Lee Jones was underused as Two-Face and the character itself was reduced to a mere gangster. It sucks because Two-Face is my favorite Batman villian. Also, Gotham suddenly became this neon drenched fake looking city. Still the OST was good and it had Nicole Kidman...

Batman & Robin (Joel Schumacher) - This was it! The official downfall of the series. Despite the HUGE cast and budget this movie was a big disaster! Batsuit with nipples??? The plot was lame as hell and the script was full of stupid one liners which Batman wouldn't even say in his wildest dreams! The movie was a disgrace to watch for any self-respecting Batman fan. Even Clooney, Arnie and Uma Thurman couldn't save this mess. Clooney later admitted that he really regrets acting in the film.

Batman Begins (Christopher Nolan) - Holy franchise resurrection Batman! By far the best Batman movie ever made. Christian Bale is the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne so far. Plus it's hard to go wrong with a great supporting cast and an amazing director who made other great movies like The Prestige and Memento. Also, what I really liked is that the movie was about Batman unlike all previous ones. The script was pretty strong and the movie feels so much more mature than your typical Hollywood superhero flick.

Now I can't wait for The Dark Knight!!

Edited by Tyler

nice round up Mr. T, i loved batman and Batman Returns. then again......... i love Tim Burton (true f**king auteur), they where both dark, gave a good backing to the comic book...... but then hollywood went shat on the others (i hate commercial bullshit............. especially if its not needed). Christ Nolan, went the extra mile from Tim Burtons work, really made batman darker. they way its it supposed to be.

^^ I love the scene in Batman Begins when he strings up the fat, crooked cop and hauls him up several stories up side down and threatens him for information. The cop says "Thats all I know, I swear to God" and Batman says (in the most gravelly, raspy tone evah) "SWEAR TO ME"

Pure brilliance !! :wOOtjumpy:

Yes. The remake. But he has also made cult classics like Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Big Fish, Corpse Bride and more!

Can't wait for his next movie to be released soon - Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street starring his favorite Johnny Depp!

Yes. The remake. But he has also made cult classics like Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Big Fish, Corpse Bride and more!

Can't wait for his next movie to be released soon - Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street starring his favorite Johnny Depp!

for sure, i checked out the trailer............. the best thing is that tim stayed true to the original musical. its bloody brilliant. Tim truly is a national treasure for American Cinema and world cinema

^^ but he did recv a lot of flak for 'planet of the apes' !

but then, it was a typical tim burton ending. i actually liked the film, but its risky business doing remakes. as they say "if it ain't broken, why fix it" someone should tell that to the mother f**ker sanjay gupta.................... the most untalented movie maker ever............ Indian Uwe Boll............... what a waste of celluloid.