Marriage and Gaming : I do?

piper

Pra, thats cute man.. Your wife seems to be really sweet!! All the Best!! :thumbsup:

You play 7 hours when you work from home?? That's a lot of hard-work I must say :majesty:

As for gaming TV, I bet she doesn't want you to disturb her while she is watching here favourite programmes.. Good idea actually to buy the kid a pacifier.. :rolleyes:

Wonder why men think Marriage is the end of Gaming..when women like your wife and Mrs. Cyclops around..

IVG ID : GauravTheGonner

Gaming stuff I own : PS3

Married since : NOV 2009

Bought PS3 : Sometime in 2007

PSN Id : play_al_d_time

I liked games but was never an addict only game that I have an addiction to is FIFA! cant stop playing it. There was a time I was so addicted that i purposefully gave the game to one of my friend to keep it with himself for 1 year so i can play some other titles. Anyways I bought PS3 mostly out of addiction to fifa but now i love RPG and few FPS.

1. How does your spouse feel about your gaming time?

Its on her mood, if she iz doing something herself then she doesnt object but if she iz free i cannot play, she vl keep on dancing in front of TV until i give up.

2. Does she think those gaming figurines would come in handy for the kids to play with?

No figurines for me, but if i had few she vl not object

3. And the money spent on this passion, how does she feel about it?

I dont spend much but she is fine with it, until it doesnt hamper our other budgets. Basically I am free to spend as much as I want as long as we can sustain a health lifestyle.

4. Do you encourage your wife to play some videogames with you?

Sometimes, she easily beats me at TT in sports champion. As i said she iz little moody if she gets a hang of a game she vl hog the tv n i hve to choose some other activity if we cant play together.

5. Would you be happy, surprised, thrilled or scared if your wife also became a member of IVG?

I will not be surprised.

6. Do you encourage your wife or share her passions say may be, Saas-Bahu serial, Or Romantic YRF movie Or Cricket, Or Bhartnatyam Dance Show etc..?

Not really, besides few english comedies(HIMYM, FRIENDS, TBBT etc) and movies we dont have common habits. She is not a TV addict, she just likes to spend time with me and that is lot of time. So if I am watching something which she can also njoy she vl see it and i love her for that.

7. How many hours in a week you devote to your Gaming?

No fix hours, if it get hang of a title i will play until i drop unconscious , n these r tough times because my wife vl not get her due attention n vl keep on fighting. To compensate this i ususally dont play games regularly (besides fifa). I take up a title finish it off n then relax for few months b4 taking something else up.

8. What are three things you wish your wife would understand about you and your connection with Gaming?

Oh she understands everything about gaming connection because she iz an addict herself, not to PS3 games but games like angry birds, mouse trap, sudoku(if u can call that a game), finding objects game.

9. If you want one game to see your wife beat you in..Which one will that be?

Fifa, would love to play doubles with her but fifa requires dedication which i cant allow because we only hve one TV an PS3

10. What changes after marriage?? As in, Me time, utilization of me time, you as a person

A lot, not that she has enforced anything, b4 marriage whenever i had time i used to play, now that time is divided into social activities, household activities etc etc al the things that come along with marriage. But i am ok with it too much of a thing takes the fun out of it

11. Would you like your kid(s) to be an avid gamer(s)?

Yes yes yes, only one condition though the amount of time they spend on gaming should be equivalent to outdoor gaming, cannot allow just eat n play kind of lifestyle

12. Have you ever planned a surprise gift/ party/ outing for your better half??

Yes, its a very tough job but a part of marriage life is to keep your spouse happy n my better half just loves surprises.

@ Megz -- then you dont have true fraaands

My True Friend plays Racing, Killing , Mass Killing, Destructive, More Destructive, More Blood kinda games..No chance for Cutesy games there so thats what I have been exposed too.

But yeah.. X-box Kinect Adventure and Dance Central and Flower and ofcourse Uncharted are games that I truly like and would play to entertain myself.. I also liked watching Prototype and F1.. I guess I can play those too. :scratchchin:

^^ Your wife's gifting you your own gaming TV :majesty:

Not really gifting .. but knows very well that i would love one .. we anyways want 2 TVs in long run as my dad is also a TV addict .. so she is saying buy one now and play to the hilt ..

This thread is setting some very high expectations already among men.. Uff! <_<

:bigyellowgrin:

Pra, thats cute man.. Your wife seems to be really sweet!! All the Best!! :thumbsup:

You play 7 hours when you work from home?? That's a lot of hard-work I must say :majesty:

As for gaming TV, I bet she doesn't want you to disturb her while she is watching here favourite programmes.. Good idea actually to buy the kid a pacifier.. :rolleyes:

Wonder why men think Marriage is the end of Gaming..when women like your wife and Mrs. Cyclops around..

Are Mrs cyclops to mahaan hai .. meri bv to sirf achchi hai ..

:naughty: :naughty:

Marriage k thread mein shaitaniyaan :chair:

Get your wife to play cutesy games like PVZ, Blue dragons, Castle Crashers and she will be hooked..

That did the trick for me atleast.

Are yaar wo remote pakadti hi nahi hai .. i will still try .. any top choice ?

After all mujhe AC:R k liye paisa bachaane hain .. thats going to be my first new game .. :punk:

• Like 1

Are yaar wo remote pakadti hi nahi hai .. i will still try .. any top choice ?

After all mujhe AC:R k liye paisa bachaane hain .. thats going to be my first new game .. :punk:

Got 2 admit PS3 controller is intimidating for wives. Too many buttons psych them out, especially when most of them have to be used.

PSN Id : play_al_d_time

7. How many hours in a week you devote to your Gaming?

No fix hours, if it get hang of a title i will play until i drop unconscious , n these r tough times because my wife vl not get her due attention n vl keep on fighting. To compensate this i ususally dont play games regularly (besides fifa). I take up a title finish it off n then relax for few months b4 taking something else up.

What a contradiction :):roflroll:

j/k .. mera khaas dost hai :cheers:

Gaurav and Pra, welcome to the married gamers club!

Both of you have the TV sharing issue :scratchchin: , never faced it as I have done my gaming on either laptop, PC or PS3 (which is connected to my monitor : 22"). That is actually fine as we have our individual space : while she watches Geet, Pyaar ki Ek Kahani and such, I game.

But we watch stuff like Entourage, Lost, HIMYM, TBBT and Modern Family together, as also movies (mostly late night shows). Entertainment is a good way of spending time together, there's only so much talking one can do (or is there :P ).

A thought just came to mind : many years down the line, our kids reading these posts. That will be a great thing and a good measure of how we gamers as well our beloved IVG have evolved over those years. Advance nostalgia ftw!

Entertainment is a good way of spending time together, there's only so much talking one can do (or is there :P ).

I don't agree. Watching tv together is not a good way of spending time together. Coz most of the time you are involved in the tv. Few words exchanged is not spending time together.

Having a walk in the park together, sharing evening tea with wife on terrace are few best ways I think hw we spend quality time together.

Among other things ..ahem ahem.. :wink2:

Going on drive with you sweetheart preferably beach side or on mountains, preferably in an AMG is a time well spent.. dont u think?? :wub:

We don't hv the privilege of such scenic views in Delhi/ncr areas. No beaches,no mountains. Only concrete. :wallbash:

but I sure enjoyed beach walk in kerela with my wife. :P