Blood Rush IVG BATTLEFIELD 3 Tournament

mango_man

1)ABSOLUTE CONFIRMED PLAYERS SO FAR- 19

(Player Limit is 24)

Madhanuk--------- One of the confirmed, proud sponsors.

PIPERDADDY----- One of the confirmed, proud sponsors.

Cypher8819------ One of the confirmed, proud sponsors.

aman_is_here--- -----------Organizer

Catalyst_360------------Organizer

Mizanurification----Organizer

Kold_war

gamer_king1994

ARORAACHINT

ashishrawat

ragur100

indusporus

xIamPainX

sagarjalvi

Sid121g

mihirsaxena

IIIIxxGOWxxIIII

Shabs_14

nukiller

2) Players who showed interest or confirmed

before but NEED TO RE-CONFIRM AGAIN IN

ORDER TO SECURE THEIR PARTICIPATION- 15

Django

Murderdoll- place reserved till confimation

gunner kanishk

dreddx- place reserved till confimation

coolJeba- place reserved till confimation

parker

notoriousn24

joy bose

krizaliD

Kjx

RAPIDGAMER_Z

realsoccerdude

googboog

hybeh

Note- I have reserved spots for regular BF3 players who showed interest in the BF3 fragfest thread about the tourney.

3) TOURNAMENT will start on the 13th of April at 10pm with the Elimination rounds.

Tournament will continue on 14th(Saturday) & 15th Sunday night at 10pm too.

All players need to confirm their participation by 11th April 10pm.

Count me in. B)

And yeah one more important thing, please don't put Noshahr CQ in the tourney.

Not balanced at all that map.

If you want to have a map with aerial warfare then better play Caspian/Kharg. That way we can have jet pilots, heli pilots , tanks dudes and infantry all in one intense game.

:wOOtjumpy:

And my kid brother played half the time with my account , isiliye mera SPM itna kum hai. :wallbash:

But I think most of the guys here know how good I am. Still , agar galat team me daala , toh bohot maarunga. :threatenlumber::catfight:

Even I feel that Noshahr is tilted in favour of RU (tanks). And it usually takes a very good team to turn the tables while US and spawn trap RU.

btw, spawn trapping allowed?

I'm guessing this is a tourney for PS3 players.. Is it even mentioned in the thread title or the first post? (Or is it just me and my sleep deprivation?)

Fcuk me. Dint even see what subforum I was on.. :wallbash:

Hey Aman (and anyone else who is organizing this), here's a few suggestions from the top off of my head.

1. As I said earlier, please try and remove Noshahr CQ from the elimination rounds. If you want vehicles, then go for Caspian/Kharg. Else its better if a tourney is without any vehicles whatsoever (A good LB pilot will ruin the game for the other team, and for his own team members as well). Almost all the tournaments are on infantry only servers.

2. I think 5 elimination games is way too much. Not only will it lead to more time being consumed, but also the process of adding all the battlelog scores will be tangible.

3. TDM is not required at all. Best bet is to have two rounds of rush (each team attacking and then defending) , and then one round of CQ on a 200-300% ticket server. The best map for which is Seine Crossing (infantry only). There are lots of flags to capture, and the map is balanced as well, so there will be an equal chance for every player to qualify for the second segment. Feel free to put up any other map you can think of as well as a suggestion , IMO Seine Crossing is by far the best though.

4. Don't you think just having a knockout round between the last 4 squads will be the best (and the quickest) way out? Since the squads will be more or less balanced , we can just have two semi-finals decided randomly and the the two teams that win them reach the finals to square off for the first position.

5. Blowing up an MCOM is much , much harder than defending it. So I don't think equal points should be given for them. 1 point for attacking an MCOM , and 0.5 for defending it? How does that sound?

The only reason I'm mentioning all these things is that with so many players, it won't be easy to conduct a complex tournament like that (with a league system and all that stuff), especially considering the fact that the PS3 XMB messaging system is so damn slow.

1. The reason we chose Noshahr is that it is a relatively small map that contain aerial vehicles. Big maps like Caspian and Firestorm are just too big for infantry players. There's a lot of running to do to get to the objectives in those maps. Kharg is better than Caspian and Firestorm in that aspect. If the majority wants Kharg instead of Noshahr, we'll change it.

Noshahr favors the Russian side slightly. But if there are two good chopper pilots in the US side, tanks wont be a problem. Chopper guided missiles vs tank guided missiles. But tanks are at a disadvantage because of the limited vertical movement of the main cannon.

2. 5 games can easily be finished in 2 nights.

3. TDM is there for the sake of variety. All games would be normal ticket matches. Bazaar is good map as well. It was Metro vs Bazaar vs Seine. We chose Bazaar in the end.

4. Just 3 games in the final stage? Too little.

5. What purpose does this serve? The current system is good enough.

Thank you for the suggestions. :)

1. The reason we chose Noshahr is that it is a relatively small map that contain aerial vehicles. Big maps like Caspian and Firestorm are just too big for infantry players.

:bigyellowgrin: i dont like the colour of the map :samui:

1. The reason we chose Noshahr is that it is a relatively small map that contain aerial vehicles. Big maps like Caspian and Firestorm are just too big for infantry players. There's a lot of running to do to get to the objectives in those maps. Kharg is better than Caspian and Firestorm in that aspect. If the majority wants Kharg instead of Noshahr, we'll change it.

Noshahr favors the Russian side slightly. But if there are two good chopper pilots in the US side, tanks wont be a problem. Chopper guided missiles vs tank guided missiles. But tanks are at a disadvantage because of the limited vertical movement of the main cannon.

2. 5 games can easily be finished in 2 nights.

3. TDM is there for the sake of variety. All games would be normal ticket matches. Bazaar is good map as well. It was Metro vs Bazaar vs Seine. We chose Bazaar in the end.

4. Just 3 games in the final stage? Too little.

5. What purpose does this serve? The current system is good enough.

Thank you for the suggestions. :)

Buddy but see here's the thing. You say two good pilots on the US side will even things out. Heck, they'll probably make the US side more powerful.

But in the elimination round we are only playing for ourselves, not the team. So by playing a map like Noshahr you are automatically favouring the scout heli pilots. Even if a guy ends up on the losing team , if he had the heli he would still easily qualify. If I'm in the scout on the US side, why would I bother fighting against the Z-11W when I can just focus on the ground targets to virtually guarantee my qualification for the next stage? Same goes for the Z-11 pilot too. (I have 1000+ kills with the scout heli's too , so actually I wouldn't mind a map like Noshahr , but it isn't balanced).

When you are only playing for yourself in a game, then that game needs to be infantry only. Say if you were playing Kharg Island Rush , and two good pilots got into the opposing jets. Why would they even shoot each other down, when dogfighting will lessen their chances of qualification. They'll not play for the team at all, and still both will easily qualify , which wouldn't be fair for the others. It'd also encourage people to camp and fight for these air vehicles , which again does no good.

Its for that reason that I mentioned Seine Crossing is because I've seen videos of pro's like rivalxfactor saying that its by far the best map for running infantry only games, and because it gives everybody a fair chance.

When we move to the later stages, then we can include these maps because then we'll be fighting for our teams.

But as long as its individual only scores, then I don't think any of these aerial warfare maps would be ideal , but if you had to pick any one, then Kharg is your best bet, because it has lots of flags to cap.

And Grand bazar vs Seine Crossing you should put Seine Crossing on , mainly because again, it will give the other players who maybe aren't that good a much better chance of scoring more points since there are two more flags and lots more flanking routes. We both know enough about the game to realize that on a tight map like Bazaar the more skilled players will always triumph and the others will have no chance.

(Again, I have no problems with the rotations you've mentioned, I'm just thinking about the overall balance and fair play for all) ;)

Archived