The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

On 1/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, dylanjosh said:

Resuming Attack On Titan. Its been 7 years since I watched it lol. Stopped after S1.

f**k YES do ittttt

On 1/12/2021 at 9:31 PM, Mizanurification said:

Just remember AoT has two parts in Season 3. I got confused while starting S04. :scratchchin:

Yes its split. 21 episodes total. First arc is 'The True King' arc and then 'The Return to Shiganshina' arc. The latter contains some of my favourite eps in AOT

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:
Saw 2 episodes. So f**king good. I'm glued to my screen. The 20 mins just flies by. 

The first two of S1? I know righttt!!!

And this is a rewatch for you after ages? Man I wish I could forget it and watch it all over again. 

Season 4 currently airing, waiting for the next episode on Sunday. But S3 Part 2 ends so f**king strong its borderline unbelievable. 

The way the whole jigsaw fits together is just pure japani genius. 

I binged S1-S3, you can do that too. And you'll have at least 7 episodes of Season 4 to watch. Max wait for a week for Episode 8, after which it goes on break. So you're good. 

Edited by Chirag2001

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Watching directly from S2. 

Oh wow. I hope you remember S1 details then? Like cuz thats really important. Like even small names or places are important. 

Some epic sh*t in this season, including the reveal where basically the entire fandom lost their f**king minds. 

7 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Oh wow. I hope you remember S1 details then? Like cuz thats really important. Like even small names or places are important. 

I watched a video recap and read a summary on reddit. Rewatching the whole of S1 is quite the big time investment. Should I really? 

Just now, dylanjosh said:

I watched a video recap and read a summary on reddit. Rewatching the whole of S1 is quite the big time investment. Should I really? 

In all honesty, yes. Its not a drag, its pretty good tbh. 

I know its quite a bit, but even the tiniest things have so much relevance that it'll really change your viewing experience of S2 and S3. 

If you can, just watch it. Put it on 1.25x speed if you really want to go faster, but it'll pay off rewatching S1 in my opinion. 

After finishing Haikyuu, wanted to watch something Sports/Alice of Life. Watched this on Netflix

poster.jpg

Kaze Ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru or Run With the Wind (English Name on Netflix)

Man this anime is so damn amazing. First things first, the story and slice of life aspects are set in college instead of the usual High School. This instantly makes it better than 99.9% of the animes out there. So fun to see people actually rooming in a dorm, partying, smoking and then trying to give up cigs, job hunting, romance plus doing extra curricular activities all with the freedom of college.

The actual story is also really good. Unlike most shows, there is no super- human techniques. No guaranteed wins either. It's a pure running, marathon sport show, which starts right from the beginning of making unfit people get into jogging and then slowly improving them, all set with absolutely amazing voice-work and fantastic music.

The animation in the show is also absolutely impressive.

Some examples:

1461997.png

4382665.jpg

chrome_2019-02-17_09-35-32.jpg?resize=19

run-with-the-wind-anime-episode-14-image

The screenshots though don't do it justice. It looks far better in motion. The anime is also "Complete". It's not based on a manga or light novel, but rather on a proper, full novel released in 2006. The story ends when the last episode ends. Run with the Wind is reviewed highly getting 8.46 on MyAnimeList. Highly recommend you guys to watch it.

43 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

@roun90Finished Haikyuu 2 nights ago, needed something to fill the void. Will watch this 100%. 

Dude on the right looked liked a Kageyama clone lol, this'll be fun.

A grown up version, but only a little bit. TBH Kageyama's and Kurahara's (The guy on the right) design is very common. Generic "Cool" Japanese guy. The more interesting clone was this -

tumblr_ppdm3cCaV81rnu9f0o1_1280.gifv

3430d9081ca11dffacb6e1f45abab1ff.jpg

This guy looks like a Thin, starving, younger version of this

kiryubaby.jpg?offset-y=0

Seriously, Fujioka can literally change his name at the registry and do body building - he will literally become a clone of Kazuma Kiryu in some years lol 

The second was this:

run-with-wind-sakaki.png

Sakaki (From this anime)

vs this a**h**le from FATE Series

5F03602EE.jpg

Edited by roun90

12 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Loved it I assume? I did. 

I can't wait till you get to S3 episode 16-17.

And keep an eye on everything, just a tip lol. 

Yep. Though I'm getting tired of the 

Spoiler

So-and-so is actually a titan twist

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep. Though I'm getting tired of the 

Hide contents

So-and-so is actually a titan twist

Yeah it does happen more than once in S2, but it'll come together later in Season 3. 

I'd recommend binging S3 and whatever is out in S4. 

@roun90 Run with the wind is an absolute masterclass of a show. I honestly can't believe how much of human drama was in the show. Every single sub character motivation was so perfectly conveyed through the show.

Spoiler

genuinely this video one of the best moments i have seen in a recent anime and the best part is by itself the scene it's nothing special  but the build up to it over 14 episodes is just so cathartic.

Edited by djdgr8

13 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

I mean it happens twice in 2 back to back episodes and

Hide contents

the second one is one of the best done reveals ever

I'd say the second one is one of the greatest anime moments OF ALL TIME

My f**king god it blew my brains off when I watched it. And its not just surprise factor. It all makes sense by the end of S3.