Sign in to follow this  
playstation

DriveClub

Still baffles my mind that people want to leave the racing track while racing. Maybe I'm watching too much F1 and MotoGP instead of demolition derby. Maybe next GT should remove crash barriers around Nurburgring so you can completely bypass the two carousels, drive through the grass field and beat the real world 599XX record in a Beetle.

Yeah I can never understand the need for a damn shortcut thru the underbrush in a damn race. Sure its a game but where's the f**king challenge in that.

This isn't really DLC

They are just Bonus head-starts that unlock stuff instantly that you get anyway at a higher level

& it's not working for anyone:-

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/10/08/driveclub-update-on-ps-plus-and-servers-coming-tomorrow-bonus-cars-and-mercedes-amg-gt-fixed-soon/

Have played a bit, but its looking great so far. Its a must buy on the PS4. Totally enjoying the hot hatches' races, The sense of speed is stupendous although the AI isn't but not much to complain. Its a steal at around INR 2300, loving it so far and it only gets better is what I've heard. Add me on PSN (driftin707) and join my club- NISH

AI gets better with level

You can change difficulty in free races

The game is going to be awesome for online races if servers hold up

The panic & testing patience in races is just awesome (for someone who doesn't have sim experience)

The penalties ppl are complaining about are actually an intense gameplay mechanics that keeps your blood pressure going

You need to be very careful in this one

In real life your car will!! Jack up if you smash it or take it in off road terrain

It's supposedly trying to give you that intense feel

So 'linear racer' or 'corridor racer' is a new thing? Because I haven't heard that term before in 20 years of gaming (mostly racing games). So people just want to cut through corners and go from point A to B as the crow flies in a racing game?

linear is not a new term. It in context of DC meant refers to the Single Player Story mission stuff where you follow a linear line of progression and unlock content as you finish lower level achievements. "linear" is not just only in racing games, but any game that has a progression.

The more i have seen about DC, it's a game that focuses on racing - point to point. It's not a bad thing if you like that kind of racing. It's an art - NFS, GT6 all have been doing that for a very long time and they have been doing it well. If you (or anyone) like that kind of thrill - point to point precision racing, chase milestones, stars and what not this is the game to go for.