Bioshock Infinite Story Discussion **SPOILERS**

Tyler

So here are my list of queries:

1.) Could someone summarize to me the plot of Mr. Chen Lin? What significance does it hold with the core storyline?

2.) When does Anna/Elizabeth realize the truth about her being sold off a child? After destroying the Siphon, it seems like she is totally in control and practically guides Booker through the whole set of events.

3.) What does destroying the Siphon exactly do to Elizabeth?

4.) What experiments were exactly being carried out on Elizabeth in the the medical facility?

5.) Comstock says "It is finished." before Booker kills him, what does that mean?

My thoughts on all the events --

1.) Could someone summarize to me the plot of Mr. Chen Lin? What significance does it hold with the core storyline?

Basically every jump, there were two of them is a water-shed moment. Once to a time-line where Mr. Chen is alive but his equipment is impounded and once where his equipment was not impounded but his close ties with the administration got him and his wife killed.

Similar is Booker's predicament, you get a couple of audio-logs in his voice when you jump the third time. I think this is a red herring to hint at the ending.

2.) When does Anna/Elizabeth realize the truth about her being sold off a child? After destroying the Siphon, it seems like she is totally in control and practically guides Booker through the whole set of events.

I cannot explain part one of this question. After the siphon has been destroyed the latent ability of Anna / Elizabeth to create her own tears comes back to the fore.

3.) What does destroying the Siphon exactly do to Elizabeth?

Allows her to 'create' tears rather than just opening them.

4.) What experiments were exactly being carried out on Elizabeth in the the medical facility?

I think Comstock wanted to replicate the tears and utilize them for militaristic purposes, this is a wide hunch as not really pondered on this thought.

Also it could just be to study Elizabeth's prowess as she ages.

5.) Comstock says "It is finished." before Booker kills him, what does that mean?

Maybe this was in reference to the truth being discovered by DeWitt or this foresaw the water-shed moment, the events after the Wounded Knee Massacre. It also becomes a Singularity point for killing all the instances of Booker DeWitt / Comstock from proliferating in different time-spaces.

Basically every jump, there were two of them is a water-shed moment. Once to a time-line where Mr. Chen is alive but his equipment is impounded and once where his equipment was not impounded but his close ties with the administration got him and his wife killed.

Similar is Booker's predicament, you get a couple of audio-logs in his voice when you jump the third time. I think this is a red herring to hint at the ending.

In the first version, his wife sobbingly informs Booker and Elizabeth that he has been arrested and is held at the Good Times Club. This is where they find him beaten to death. Liz opens a tear found near his body and they jump into a time where is alive and is married to a Caucasian woman. This is where he seems to have lost his senses and keeps repeating the machines are very dangerous and asks them to wait downstairs with Mrs. Lin. In the last encounter, I believe both him and his wife are killed. What I'm trying to understand is why does Chen Lin behave so erratically in their second encounter? His character also appears to be shimmering. It's really odd.

I cannot explain part one of this question. After the siphon has been destroyed the latent ability of Anna / Elizabeth to create her own tears comes back to the fore.

Comes back to the fore? I'm sorry, I don't follow. Are you saying she is able to unleash the ability to create tears on her own? So this essentially means she can travel between time and space at will, yes?

I think Comstock wanted to replicate the tears and utilize them for militaristic purposes, this is a wide hunch as not really pondered on this thought.

Also it could just be to study Elizabeth's prowess as she ages.

The first one could be true, given Comstock's conflict with the Vox Populi. But I'm really shocked that he would allow such amount of pain to be inflicted on her, given his constant claims to "protecting" her.

Maybe this was in reference to the truth being discovered by DeWitt or this foresaw the water-shed moment, the events after the Wounded Knee Massacre. It also becomes a Singularity point for killing all the

instances of Booker DeWitt / Comstock from proliferating in different time-spaces.

I just hit a Google search for this phrase and it appears to be a Biblical reference to Christ's final words on the cross. Now it makes sense. Comstock was referred to as the prophet, akin to Christ being the messenger of God.

Here's the Bible message being decrypted:

Of the last sayings of Christ on the cross, none is more important or more poignant than His very last utterance, “It is finished.” Found only in the Gospel of John, the Greek word translated “it is finished” is tetelestai, an accounting term that means “paid in full.” When Jesus uttered those words, He was declaring the debt owed to His Father was wiped away completely and forever. Not that Jesus wiped away any debt that He owed to the Father; rather, Jesus eliminated the debt owed by mankind—the debt of sin.

In the first version, his wife sobbingly informs Booker and Elizabeth that he has been arrested and is held at the Good Times Club. This is where they find him beaten to death. Liz opens a tear found near his body and they jump into a time where is alive and is married to a Caucasian woman. This is where he seems to have lost his senses and keeps repeating the machines are very dangerous and asks them to wait downstairs with Mrs. Lin. In the last encounter, I believe both him and his wife are killed. What I'm trying to understand is why does Chen Lin behave so erratically in their second encounter? His character also appears to be shimmering. It's really odd.

Yes, in the first time they jump in the tear the entire back-story of Mr. Chen Lin changes, instead of being married to Mrs. May Lin he is married to a Caucasian Sarah Lin. Even the shrine to Buddha gets replaced with a shrine to Comstock.

He is shimmering and behaving awkwardly because in another dimension he remembers being dead (the tear). Booker exhibits the same circumstances by bleeding from the nose from time to time and in pre-determined scenes.

Comes back to the fore? I'm sorry, I don't follow. Are you saying she is able to unleash the ability to create tears on her own? So this essentially means she can travel between time and space at will, yes?

She could create these tears at will as a child. Unlike how she has to have a tear to open it now. Yes, when the siphon is destroyed she can create tears to move between time and space, explaining how Booker, SongBird and she are transported to Rapture.

The first one could be true, given Comstock's conflict with the Vox Populi. But I'm really shocked that he would allow such amount of pain to be inflicted on her, given his constant claims to "protecting" her.

Cannot really comment on the pain but he does manage to break her and fulfil the 'future' of burning New York in an alternate reality. So this must have been the final plan all along.

I just hit a Google search for this phrase and it appears to be a Biblical reference to Christ's final words on the cross. Now it makes sense. Comstock was referred to as the prophet, akin to Christ being theessenger of God.

About the Biblical reference that is beyond may ken to judge. Lets see what more gets thrown up. Also the upcoming DLC's might throw up more light on the situation.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/05/bioshock-infinite-ending-discussion

New insights in the video..

According to them, multiple universe gets created only during Baptism, so in last when Bookers drowns, only Comstock does not gets created, and Booker continues to live his watever life he has to live with debt n all, and He also has Anna, cause there is Comstock to take her.. and hence the final cut scene with Booker and Anna :-)

They also say, visiting rapture signifies something that booker n Ryan are related. since the machine which we activate in Rapture can be turned on only by Ryan or jack, as you know in Bio 1 everything is related to Ryan's dna id, only he can activate those machines . . .

He is shimmering and behaving awkwardly because in another dimension he remembers being dead (the tear). Booker exhibits the same circumstances by bleeding from the nose from time to time and in pre-determined
scenes.

She could create these tears at will as a child. Unlike how she has to have a tear to open it now. Yes, when the siphon is destroyed she can create tears to move between time and space, explaining how Booker, SongBird and she are transported to Rapture.

Excellent! I understand now. It would be good if we get a DLC which shows the events of Wounded Knee. Also, more on Luteces.

Finally finished the game..

So yeah, Booker gets/doesnt get baptized, turn into Comstock or debt ridden booker. Each decision taken creates a different timeline, each with a different end.

Also, Elizabeth/Booker = Elizabeth/Comstock = Elizabeth/Songbird = Big Daddy/Little Sister?

^^ That is the most overt connection between the games.

There are many Biblical references littered and plenty of people have compared it to other media, for example this comparison of the story and characters to Wizard of Oz. Go Figure, Sire.

I think i am 2/3rd of the way through, and i have figured out the ending.

They are brother and sister from differant universes right? I am not reading any of the comments above to figure out if i am right.

I wish it was just my brilliant mind that did this but it was a combination of a comment in the eurogamer review (calling their relationship between Booker and Elizabeth familial) and when you figure out the relationship between the two Lutice twins who follow them around. By the way is anybody reminded of the G-Man from the HL series when you see them teleporting all over the place?

What I don't get at all is Songbird. Why create such a contrived contraption that can be controlled by music? Can you imagine what would happen if someone was watching The Sound of Music or playing "Do Re Mi" within earshot of that thing?

What I don't get at all is Songbird. Why create such a contrived contraption that can be controlled by music? Can you imagine what would happen if someone was watching The Sound of Music or playing "Do Re Mi" within earshot of that thing?

It was inspired by Big Daddies, Fink refers to the same in a voxaphone entry.

Even I felt sad for the big bird at the sight of its fate.

^^ Yeah, but Songbird as creation was way too convoluted for its ultimate purpose. I have a feeling there's more to it than what we have seen so far.

They have three DLC's to explain it.

Also, if I am not mistaken there are rumours swirling about that the SongBird is Booker from another time-line captured by Comstock and put into the form of the same.

^^ I read that theory somewhere. Seems a bit ....... much.

Considering Columbia is a floating city in the late nineteenth century, nothing can be much more... ridiculous.

I think i am 2/3rd of the way through, and i have figured out the ending.

They are brother and sister from differant universes right? I am not reading any of the comments above to figure out if i am right.

I wish it was just my brilliant mind that did this but it was a combination of a comment in the eurogamer review (calling their relationship between Booker and Elizabeth familial) and when you figure out the relationship between the two Lutice twins who follow them around. By the way is anybody reminded of the G-Man from the HL series when you see them teleporting all over the place?

yes very much,Mr Freeman..........

They are brother sister from diff universe,also 1 voxaphone and 1 video gallery confirm the same.

It mentions how she will fix the ill effects of tears ,her brother has faced due to stepping in another timeline.

Archived