PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im considering whether to switch to my Indian account from my UK one. Is the DLC on PSN locked to one account also - i know it is region locked that is PAL region DLC can only be used with PAL region disc. Because if i buy DLC from Indian store - can i use that with my UK account or will there be some DLC that will be locked to Indian account?

dlc is locked to a region not to an account...

but if the game does not allow sharing then it might be locked to the account... a la warhawk..

as an aside... yesterday i faced a funny problem... i switched on the ps3.. pressed the PS button on the ds3 to start the booting.. but once it was ready i noticed the ds3 had switched off... now no matter how many times i pressed the PS button it refused to sync... it only synced once the cable was atached.. n as soon as it removed the cable it switched off immediately... n again refused to sync...

i tried it with another controller as well.. n even that.. a six axis gave the same trouble...

i tried resetting the controllers to no avail....n both controls have a decent charge left in them... i had to connect both controls via usb to play %$#^#^#%^$%&$&

havent tried again since then..... anyone else faced this problem?? any solutions?? :helpsmilie:

My friend's PS3 YLOD. Its out of warranty.

Please help. Also tell me where should i take the PS3 for repair in Delhi, is palika bazar good????

i guess ylod happened due to fluctuation in power.

its urgent.

Dont go to palika unless you know someone personally, its pretty KLPD otherwise,

control synced next time around... problem (??) solved... :unsure:

No idea about your problem , maybe try a new usb wire :fear:

hey guys suggest me a wireless or wired headphone to be used while playing on PS3 for ingame chatting etc.

suggest the models and also give the prices if possible.

Take any bluetooth headset which is available for the cell phones ... take branded ones ... not Chinese make ... coz i am not sure if they are supported. and you can sync it with your PS3 for in game chat.

I am using my motorola bluetooth headset for in game chatting ....

If you want to use a wired one you will need to find one with USB connectivity .... If you are using PS3 slim ... as thats the only port available. But they would be more expensive compared to bluetooth headset ... Bluetooth --1000-1400 ... usb headset 1800-2000 ....

I have PS 3 60 GB version which came out in 2006. Got it then only. It has 4 ports.

So how do you recommend me to sync the bluetooth. I have JABRA bluetooth. Also how to use it.?

well here you go ....

Any bluetooth headset will work with PS3, The only condition is it should be bluetooth, or a USB headset, I am myself using my Nokia BH 104 headset and it has been working without any probs, it has some nice back up time as well, i have even went On with it for continuous 10 hours w/o charging it, although Nokia says it only has backup time of 4 to 5 hours, I don't know how that happened, but it DID, So As i said any bluetooth headset will work, Once you get it just follow this procedure (i have posted this earlier also around 20 pages back) and you will be good to go.

First switch OFF ( not ON ) your bluetooth headset

Now start your ps3 and go to the manage bluetooth devices under the settings tab in the XMB, now start the search optiion, after the ps3 has started searching for bluettoth devices, press the power button on the bluetooth headset and keep it pressed ( in my case i had to keep it pressed for ~ 8 seconds, could be shorter or longer in your case, it depends ), your headset should turn ON and immediately your ps3 will detect the headset and ask for a passkey, enter any pass key and your headset will be paired with the ps3, next time onwards you will only have to power ON your headset and ps3 will detect it and pair it automatically.

Now for the settings, look for audio device settings, and there will be three options there, one is for the microphone level which can be set from anything between 1 to 5, next 2 options are for input and output device, here input device has to be choosen as the bluetooth headset, Also output device is better kept as the headset only cos then the voice chat will be trasmitted through the headset's earpiece, if you choose system default device then it will be trasmitted through the device which is outputting your game audio, which can be the TV or your music system or your HT ( whichever you might be using as audio output device ) but in the latter case the voice chat gets mixed with the game music and can't be easily distinguished, also the echo from mic gives out that shrieking noise (don't know what the phenomenon is called but it happens when the mic is close to the speakers ), so i would suggest keeping the output through the headset earpiece only. And there you are, good to go with your headset. Do keep in mind that the battery life on these headsets is ~ 4 to 5 hours so keep it fully charged.

Hope this helps you out in case you run into any problems.

Courtesy Saint on IVG.

also suggest a bluetooth which is compatible with both the PS3 as-well as the Blackberry 9700.

@abhi

the one which you are using,does it allow proper chat. like can u speak also, or can only listen. does it have a mic?

should i buy a bluetooth which has a mic or without mic will also work.

i want to-way communication.

Few questions. I am thinking of buying a PSP go.

Any idea if the 10 free games thing is still valid? And how long for?

Do thoes games come on a disk or download codes?

And lastly does the Indian PSN have PSP games for sale? What are the general prices for them if so? I created an account and tried looking for them but couldnt find anything.

Archived