[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

13 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Yeah! AMD is better on both those counts for now with its Ryzen line. 

You can go with a 4K monitor anytime you want although I do not know if a single GTX 1080Ti would be enough to drive it. For monitors, your best bets are with ASUS, Acer and LG's gaming line. 

Ah okay. I will go with Intel for now and see how it performs. 

Thanks for the great info!

Hi Guys,

i have below config PC and looking to upgrade. For Better gaming performance and planning to get 4K Tv in a week and would like to play movies.

Help me with suggestion. 

CPU
    Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz    47 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Intel Corporation DH77KC (CPU 1)    37 °C
Graphics
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 ATA Device (SATA)

11 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Guys today i got a internet from my lco. It has google peering 50mbps. 10mbps normal but with 50gb cap. Found some info like tunneling all data through google to get 50mbps. Is it actually possible

Technically you can but it'll cost you and will take a longer process to get the content.

Get a virtual server with 100mbit or better connection

Download the content you want on the server. This doesn't use your local bandwidth. 

Upload all your data to Google service (Cloud/Drive). This doesn't use your local bandwidth. 

Download it back to your PC via Google service (Cloud/Drive). 

This should technically work as the content will be stored on Google's network and your ISP provides Google peering. 

PS: first check if it is just Youtube or covers entire Google network. Download something via Google drive and check the speed. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Technically you can but it'll cost you and will take a longer process to get the content.

Get a virtual server with 100mbit or better connection

Download the content you want on the server. This doesn't use your local bandwidth. 

Upload all your data to Google service (Cloud/Drive). This doesn't use your local bandwidth. 

Download it back to your PC via Google service (Cloud/Drive). 

This should technically work as the content will be stored on Google's network and your ISP provides Google peering. 

PS: first check if it is just Youtube or covers entire Google network. Download something via Google drive and check the speed. 

Well if works on all google services. Tried some files from google drive got 5 Mbps. Using Offcloud uploaded a torrent file to my google drive. Got only 1.5Mbps so it was not cached since the file was only available to me, I don't peering speed. I think Multiple downloads has to be done for it to be cached. 

8 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Tried some files from google drive got 5 Mbps.

8 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Using Offcloud uploaded a torrent file to my google drive. Got only 1.5Mbps

Hmm? 

That doesn't make sense. You downloaded a file from GD at 5Mbps but when you uploaded the file to GD and tried to download, you got only 1.5Mbps? 

10 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

I don't peering speed. I think Multiple downloads has to be done for it to be cached. 

Why do you think the file needs to be cached? 

Anything on Google's network should be available at peering speed as long it is enabled in first place. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hmm? 

That doesn't make sense. You downloaded a file from GD at 5Mbps but when you uploaded the file to GD and tried to download, you got only 1.5Mbps? 

Why do you think the file needs to be cached? 

Anything on Google's network should be available at peering speed as long it is enabled in first place. 

I dont know was as confused as i am now. After the file was uploaded to google drive I tried downloading it but it only gave me 1.5mbps. Closed and checked youtube was getting peering speed, downloaded a google drive file from another and it was also getting peering speeds. Only my google drive was giving me non peering speeds. any advice, am i doing something wrong in the whole process. I figured it out getting full fat 5MBps now. Spent whole wondering what was guess i just needed some sleep.

Edited by HEMAN

That is strange. 

Open the link that you were getting peering speed. On the top right you will see GD drive icon. Click and add the file to your drive.

From there try downloading. See if you are getting the same speed. 

@ALPHA17

Do u know why Athlon X4 950 is not launched in India? Its a $60 quad core AM4 CPU with a future upgrade path to Ryzen and Ryzen 2.

It would be killer alternative to G4560 but why is it not available in India? Damn would have been a fine CPU.

Edit:

And what about Bristol Ridge APUs like A8-9600,A10-9700 and A12-9800? Any chance of them appearing in India?

Edited by mohit9206

46 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

@ALPHA17

Do u know why Athlon X4 950 is not launched in India? Its a $60 quad core AM4 CPU with a future upgrade path to Ryzen and Ryzen 2.

It would be killer alternative to G4560 but why is it not available in India? Damn would have been a fine CPU.

Edit:

And what about Bristol Ridge APUs like A8-9600,A10-9700 and A12-9800? Any chance of them appearing in India?

Mostly because of stock keeping plus the recent GST drama. People and businesses are tight on cash and credit. They would rather get the material that sells than not. 

Maybe in the coming month or two. 

On 9/9/2017 at 0:38 AM, ALPHA17 said:

Do you plan only to play games on the PC? 

What is your budget for upgrades? 

I have PS4 as well but prefer PC (kind of Keyboard mouse guy).

No budget set in my mind but will get the parts for upgrade to make the PC to match current trend. 

the existing stack was brought 5 years back. so far no issues still can play JC3, Assassins creed, FarCry at 1080 GFX set to high. 

1 minute ago, Masthan said:

Cool. :) 

Any particular reason? just curious.... 

Intel Cannon Lake. GPU prices. 

You are currently happy with the performance of the RIG. 

1 minute ago, HEMAN said:

Wait until Volta

Going to be at-least till Q1 of next year before we get any details on this. Not worth waiting that long if you are asking to pick a PC now. 

Just now, ALPHA17 said:

Intel Cannon Lake. GPU prices. 

You are currently happy with the performance of the RIG. 

Going to be at-least till Q1 of next year before we get any details on this. Not worth waiting that long if you are asking to pick a PC now. 

Yep a august release might be good. Buying a used gtx 1070 now makes sense. 

Noob question :rofl:

Can anyone please tell me the fingers placement for WASD combo for gaming effectively? keyboard mouse is pretty new to me and I know that it will take time to get use to it but right now I am getting all confused and frustrated. 

or any other combo that is good for a new learner?

Edited by Django_3101