The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41584-023-00964-y

Nearly 50% chance of autoimmune diseases after Covid. I’ve seen this in a few cases in my family too, including my dad. 

Don't worry, people will blame vaccines for these.

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41584-023-00964-y

Nearly 50% chance of autoimmune diseases after Covid. I’ve seen this in a few cases in my family too, including my dad. 

Chronic urticaria is an Autoimmune disease, right!? 

I had it, for more than 1 and a half years, only getting better this last month. 

I think it is fair to question Vaccine in this case because people would blame something that has been injected in them rather than some disease they never got. I felt the same way but of course being someone who in not against vaccine, I am open to think it may be something else. 

I never had urticaria before, only got it early/mid last year. 

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Chronic urticaria is an Autoimmune disease, right!? 

I had it, for more than 1 and a half years, only getting better this last month. 

I think it is fair to question Vaccine in this case because people would blame something that has been injected in them rather than some disease they never got. I felt the same way but of course being someone who in not against vaccine, I am open to think it may be something else. 

I never had urticaria before, only got it early/mid last year. 

About 50% is autoimmune, but difficult to confirm. Since you’re in Noida, don’t forget the f**kall environment, bad food and impact of pollution. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

About 50% is autoimmune, but difficult to confirm. Since you’re in Noida, don’t forget the f**kall environment, bad food and impact of pollution. 

Lucknow. Noida only when I have to go to office. WFH otherwise. 

But since Lucknow is one of the most affected covid cities. I can understand. 

And I hope this Chronic Urticaria never happens to anyone. A nightmare to deal with. Itchy hives all over the body, only relief is anti histamines. There is no cure for this! I think I am the lucky one who got rid of it after 1.5 years thankfully (still some bumps here and there). On the internet, people confirmed they have for like 5-10 years!!!! Damn! 

I wish you guys good health! 

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

And I hope this Chronic Urticaria never happens to anyone. A nightmare to deal with. Itchy hives all over the body, only relief is anti histamines. There is no cure for this! I think I am the lucky one who got rid of it after 1.5 years thankfully (still some bumps here and there). On the internet, people confirmed they have for like 5-10 years!!!! Damn! 

Lucknow is similar wrt pollution. There are zero non hazardous cities in North India. 

• Sad 1

Been suffering from autoimmune hepatitis since well before 2015, had a liver transplant in 2015, long story short it got better and then its worse than before. 

Steroids and other medicines that keep if at bay have other side effects that keep screwing me over, infact just came back from hospital today, had a stent put in my liver’s biliary tube because it keeps shrinking.

such a f**kall disease with no cure in sight

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

Can relate too much for the itching part, it stays there for me whole day, need to keep taking anti allergies, hives come when it gets worse and then its a nightmare :(

20 hours ago, dante77 said:

Even my mother has this for more than 15 yrs. It comes occasionally, her face gets all swollen up due to bumps.

• 2 months later...