The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Anyone going for booster doses?

I haven't kept up for the last couple months but any new data suggesting for/against the boosters in our landscape.

My mom and her friends have all taken the 3rd one. Not really sure why you would not take.

Mine is in June :wallbash:

44 minutes ago, hope said:

My mom and her friends have all taken the 3rd one. Not really sure why you would not take.

Mine is in June :wallbash:

I would take it but I came across one study comparing the results of 9M vs 12M 3rd dose gap. So was trying to see if someone else came across it too.

39 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Mine is in June too. 9 month gap is absurd.

I don't think it is absurd. Covid is not going the Flu's way yet. Studies are still ongoing about recurrent dosage immunity. Currently the debate is mainly between 9-12Ms, so until proven otherwise, not sure why would anyone who is not at risk, would take the booster before that.

Mine is 23rd April, so that's when I am planning to take it.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

I got the booster (precautionary) dose yesterday, 10 months after the second dose. The vaccination center was vacant and there were hardly 1-2 people in the whole center.

Edited by TheMonark

9 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I got the booster (precautionary) dose yesterday, 10 months after the second dose. The vaccination center was vacant and there were hardly 1-2 people in the whole center.

Dont worry. It'll get crowded once the wave starts 

1 hour ago, TheMonark said:

I have no plans of getting booster dose. The vaccines were made for alpha variants and havent got any update. What's the point?

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Will get OTA updates. 

Good attempt at humour. You do realise that even flu vaccines get an update every year?

Or for that matter the flu vaccine received in sept (winter) is different than what you take in August (monsoon)? Or maybe the pediatrician didnt explain well..

Edited by Bhpian Bali

29 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Good attempt at humour. You do realise that even flu vaccines get an update every year?

Or for that matter the flu vaccine received in sept (winter) is different than what you take in August (monsoon)? Or maybe the pediatrician didnt explain well..

Inactivated whole virus vaccine. (Covax). 

Hence should take care of variants