Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

K, thts a relief.

Correct me if i am wrong but aren't you the same guy who was not gonna get another game before clearing out your 250 games backlog :P:rofl:

I abandoned that steam account, made a new one. I only keep a max of 2 unfinished games now. Life is so good now.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I had pre-ordered Metro Redux on that account, but it's gone now. So need to think hard if it's worth the extra money.

Edited by ACidDrinkeR

I abandoned that steam account, made a new one. I only keep a max of 2 unfinished games now. Life is so good now.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I had pre-ordered Metro Redux on that account, but it's gone now. So need to think hard if it's worth the extra money.

You should give ur acc away .. the old one ... to use for family sharing :D

Use family sharing option and select Metro Redux when it's out. This way, you can play + won't see all games in your new library.

Edited by Heaven Angel

Use family sharing option and select Metro Redux when it's out. This way, you can play + won't see all games in your new library.

Can I get access to only 1 specified game at a time? (If so, my life will be sorted xD) Looks like this is not possible, libraries are shared entirely. [Which defeats the whole point of making a new account]

You should give ur acc away .. the old one ... to use for family sharing :D

I might, if I trusted someone because if they use cheats or hacks, my main account will get VAC'd aswell.

Edited by ACidDrinkeR

You can.

Steam -> Settings -> Family -> Manage family view.

Thanks a lot for taking the extra step to help me out!

So i'll have to enable Pin-restricted family view on my new account or my old account?

Also I've already made up my mind to just buy new games. I've already coped up with the losses from that account and just don't want to be related to it anymore. I'll probably wait for the Redux Physical copy in India.

Edited by ACidDrinkeR

Okay, apologies for small mistake.

This is more like setting up parental control over your account.

For example: You can select list of games 'you want to see & play'.

vakICcu.png

I think, this is much better with your case. :)

• Login with your old account
  • Setup parental control with full store access (so that you can buy, etc) + list of games you want to see.
  • Set 4- digit PIN to exit family mode.

This way, you don't have to lose your account + see selected games.

Okay, apologies for small mistake.

This is more like setting up parental control over your account.

For example: You can select list of games 'you want to see & play'.

I think, this is much better with your case. :)

• Login with your old account
  • Setup parental control with full store access (so that you can buy, etc) + list of games you want to see.
  • Set 4- digit PIN to exit family mode.

This way, you don't have to lose your account + see selected games.

This is indeed a very good solution, but it doesn't help me because at the back of my mind I still know I have over 250 games to beat and it will just take me a 4-digit code to play them. Thanks a lot for the help, but I'm firm with my decision of continuing with my new account.

I'm not even going to buy games on sales now. There are thousands of people who bulk buy and you can get pretty much any game for extremely cheap almost anytime from trading forums.

This is how my new library looks (and I'm happy with it) :

8fd7091308715907c9a090e1c410cace.png

Edited by ACidDrinkeR

Ask an elderly or a friend to set 4 digit code. But, if you are okay with your new account, ignore.

What if you buy a game and you don't like? What will you do? Will you force yourself to finish it?

Edited by Heaven Angel

Ask an elderly or a friend to set 4 digit code. But, if you are okay with your new account, ignore.

What if you buy a game and you don't like? What will you do? Will you force yourself to finish it?

I'm going to thoroughly research before I buy a game. From my previous account, I have an idea of the types of games I like and the types I don't.

Even though if I do somehow end up buying a game I did not like, NO I won't force myself to finish it. But atleast I know I don't have to play it any further and will put it in the ''Made a Mistake'' category.

This is pathetic.

Thank you for your opinion. Everybody has different beliefs and a different perspective as to how to live, and I completely respect that. I'm more happier this way, so I'm going to stick with my decisions :)

Edited by Calm Water

:rofl:

I personally have a huge collection of Steam games, and I haven't finished even one of them(except a few indy ones). My collection also grew because of impulsive buys during insane sales/bundles/giveaways. :fear: Hard to give much attention to gaming after a certain point in academic career but equally hard to "miss" a great deal.

Edited by Ph3N0M