Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am unable to beat the backlog, instead the backlog is trying to beat me. I'm having anxiety issues... wrote a support ticket asking them to permanently remove 249 games I do not wish to play anymore. I just can't take the burden anymore. I hope they help me, or I might end up quitting steam altogether! :(

Wow. These are games.. supposed to relax and entertain you. Not your work assignments. You should definitely find some other hobby which makes you happy.

I am unable to beat the backlog, instead the backlog is trying to beat me. I'm having anxiety issues... wrote a support ticket asking them to permanently remove 249 games I do not wish to play anymore. I just can't take the burden anymore. I hope they help me, or I might end up quitting steam altogether! :(

Any Deadline ? any prize for completing the backlog ? If not then WTF?? Seriously its not fun if you want to play games just for the sake of completing .

Wow. These are games.. supposed to relax and entertain you. Not your work assignments. You should definitely find some other hobby which makes you happy.

Any Deadline ? any prize for completing the backlog ? If not then WTF?? Seriously its not fun if you want to play games just for the sake of completing .

Exactly the reasons why I want to get rid of games I never inteded to play. The games I was never interested in. I am more of an RPG/Third-person/RTS guy. I hate platformers/puzzlers(I love these on mobile, not on PC)/point-and-click/multiplayer/simulators. But I have a ton of these games I acquired from bundles.

If I don't get rid of the stuff I don't like, I'll never be able to truly enjoy the games I like.

i just bought cs go ... installed it ... steam is now downloading a 4gb update ... is the update that big or is it downloading the base game again???

The retail version is pretty outdated. I think it's downloading the update.

Exactly the reasons why I want to get rid of games I never inteded to play. The games I was never interested in. I am more of an RPG/Third-person/RTS guy. I hate platformers/puzzlers(I love these on mobile, not on PC)/point-and-click/multiplayer/simulators. But I have a ton of these games I acquired from bundles.

If I don't get rid of the stuff I don't like, I'll never be able to truly enjoy the games I like.

In the Steam game list drop down, select Installed from All games. You won't see your entire list. Problem solved

In the Steam game list drop down, select Installed from All games. You won't see your entire list. Problem solved

When I want to buy a game I WANT TO PLAY or WHEN I AM PLAYING GAMES I LIKE, merely hiding games under a category doesn't work, because you still know there are incomplete games you owned.

When I want to buy a game I WANT TO PLAY or WHEN I AM PLAYING GAMES I LIKE, merely hiding games under a category doesn't work, because you still know there are incomplete games you owned.

I can understand...Once upon a time I used to finish a game on multiple platforms/play through them multiple times because a single game would be most charming....Now the playthroughs have simply stopped; and I have become more of a hoarder (who just buys and keeps) and rarely revisit games i really loved.

Time will only get more and more valuable moving forward in life; and i guess i can relate to your problem :fear:

Edited by dullu

"What happens when you start treating an entertainment hobby like a job"

That's when you quit treating it like an entertainment. I've thought a lot about it and finally decided to quit that account.

Going to start fresh now. (I still have a lot of items on my old account, so I might log in occasionally to trade/sell them or buy games with wallet)