Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

Just see your username in the modem's settings. If there is "@airtelbroadband.in" at the end, remove that and try.

Although in general I am getting around 3-4 Mbps instead of 8Mbps. I'm putting that down to the cable issue, hopefully that is resolved soon.

I had called up Airtel guys to complain about the lack of speed some days back. Got a call back explaining the fibre optic cable cut issue. And was told to append @airtelbroadband.in to the username in the modem settings in order to get better speed

Upto this point, I had never received any alerts regarding FUP, never experienced speed throttling, even Smartbytes page would throw an error. The moment I made the change to username, I started getting usage reminders, etc. I hit 80% of FUP within 3 days of the current billing cycle.

I rolled back the change to the username, and stopped getting reminders. Smartbytes page has been stuck at that percentage for a while now. In detailed stats it shows that I have crossed FUP, but the reminder I get on SMS/email doesn't reflect that. And still getting normal speed.

Normally what is the user id and the password of the modem?

How about alliance/wishnet/kailash... :fear: all are without FUP :notangel:

The local cable wala here is not giving me that speed..saying 512 for Rs 500 ..download unlimited.

@playstation - Why don't you go for Alliance Broadband ?

I dont have it here..

guys at 2mbps speed my download speed shoulw be 250kbps, right??

• Like 1

How about alliance/wishnet/kailash... :fear: all are without FUP :notangel:

The local cable wala here is not giving me that speed..saying 512 for Rs 500 ..download unlimited.

@playstation - Why don't you go for Alliance Broadband ?

I dont have it here..

guys at 2mbps speed my download speed shoulw be 250kbps, right??

250 kBps

Obviously depending upon the server where you are downloading from, or torrent health, speeds will vary. Check on speedtest.net too see if you are getting proper speeds. If the speed is in excess of 1.6 Mbps or 200 KBps then speed is fine. The ISPs are supposed to provide minimum of 80% of the rated speed according to a ruling by TRAI.

I had called up Airtel guys to complain about the lack of speed some days back. Got a call back explaining the fibre optic cable cut issue.

STILL? Most other ISPs resolved it long back. In fact I only had a problem for a week after the issue. Are you sure airtel isn't using this as an excuse to lower their bandwidth to the users :P