Final Fantasy XIII

DAT IDIOT!

Naah. PS3 sux0r without B/C.

Me want MGS4 special edition console with a copy of the game, a figurine. a MGS paint job/console skin, DS3, B/C and a 100GB + HDD.

How about a 'to your door' delivery by Mr. Kojima himself :mellow: ??

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy XIII Delayed to Spring 2010?

From Kotaku

Dunno! But we do know it's sure hard to delay a game that isn't dated. Square Enix hasn't said much about the game — which is, in a way, good, because we'd rather have them working on it than talking about working on it. Last we heard, Square Enix was smashing rumors that the game would be out this year. No wonder people are worrying! Some Japanese industry analysts over on Japanese stock news site Trader's Web predicted that Final Fantasy XIII would be pushed back to March 2010. Until then, the value of Square Enix's stocks is supposed to drop.

What's more, website Hobby Blog points out, some 2channel users are starting to compare FFXIII to vaporware like Gran Turismo for the PSP. We haven't heard any rumblings, suggesting that Square Enix was going to release the game as late as 2010 — though, it could happen! Though, pinning fears and tears on the Trader's Web prediction is a little silly at this point. As KBC analyst Hiroshi Kamide tells Kotaku:

No news good or bad from the company really, but I expect the shares to start rallying again nearer the time DQIX is to be released.

So do we! We also expect Final Fantasy XIII will sell a gajillion copies in Japan no matter if it's released in 2009 or 2010. Until then, no freaking out, okay?

• 3 months later...

Final Fantasy 13 demo and E3 confirmed

This year will be different because according to finalfantasyxiii.net Square will be returning to E3 and most likely showcasing FFXIII and possibly FFXIII Versus. Square have secured a very large both to itself once again.

“Good news is though, Square Enix is appearing at E3 2008. This is looking like a good sign as the Expo returns to the Los Angeles Convention Centre. Last year when E3 was in shams, Square Enix choose to basically sit the entirety of E3 07 out, to the dismay of FF fans worldwide. As the Expo is returning to a singular location, and Square is confirmed to have a very large both to itself once again, and not to mention the drought in news, E3 2008 will almost certainly bring news on FF13 and hopefully Versus 13 as well.”

Not only that but a demo could be on cards. There even could be a playable demo at E3. But Square is planning on getting a demo together.

“Square Enix is planning on getting a demo out to the public, although not specifying any particular region. The demo is planned mainly to showcase the new and very different battle system of Final Fantasy 13. The theme of the first game is determination, something that has been translated well so far in Lightning’s actions and expression”

Source: TalkPlaystation

Looks Like even more bad news for FF fans....

http://kotaku.com/5017694/final-fantasy-ve...iii-put-on-hold

That's not bad news. That's actually good news. I wan't their whole team to focus on FF XIII. I don't mind waiting for another 2 years for FF Vs XIII if it means that it would speed up the release of FF XIII.

Final Fantasr Versus XIII suspended, Final Fantasy XIII is priority.

In the latest issue of Famitsu, an interview with Tetsuya Nomura revealed that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is currently being put on hold. Nomura, the game's director, said that the majority of the team working on Versus XIII is now helping out on Final Fantasy XIII. The main title in the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation is top priority at the moment.

From PS3FanBoy

Final Fantasy Versus XIII on Hold? No.

Square Enix rejects rumor.

Square Enix has rubbished suggestions that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold.

"Reports that development for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold are false," the publisher said in a statement passed on to Eurogamer.

"The truth of the situation is that when free, some staff from the Versus team have been helping with the XIII team on development of Final Fantasy XIII. Development for both titles is continuing as originally scheduled."

That rather significantly contradicts translations of game director Tetsuya Nomura's comments in a Famitsu article, where he reportedly used the words "on hold" and said "the entire Versus team is helping to finish Final Fantasy XIII".

Along with Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Versus makes up a three-game "compilation" of titles marking the next, and next-generation, step forward in the famous Square RPG series.

Not much is really known about it other than what's been seen in trailers, but Nomura has previously evoked Kingdom Hearts when searching for comparisons. Speaking to Eurogamer last May, Nomura said it would "examine the humanity of the characters in this game" and distinguish itself from the FF games' traditional fantasy worlds.

"In Versus I'm trying to propose new vision of how a Final Fantasy game can be. The game's going to be more human than the science-fiction caricature we so often see. It will focus around current world events - in that sense it's darker," he explained at the time.

It's also still happily in development, or so Square Enix says, despite the inevitable bias towards getting FF XIII - a banner game for both its publisher and platform holder Sony - out of the door as quickly as possible. Hopefully we'll hear more about its progress at E3.

From EuroGamer

Square enix will likely do another crisis core.

According to some insider info ff13 will be at e3 but the game will completely own tgs08 with a playable demo etc

Japanese release date is december and others getting it before q1 09.

Vs 13 is still being developed but the reason some of the staff moved to ff13 is because square are dead serious about the christmas release esp after watching mgs4's japanese sales.

According to some insider info ff13 will be at e3 but the game will completely own tgs08 with a playable demo etc

Vs 13 is still being developed but the reason some of the staff moved to ff13 is because square are dead serious about the christmas release esp after watching mgs4's japanese sales.

Win News !! :P

Nice nice - need to see some videos.

Also, I know am going to be killed for saying this, but I don't care how long they take. This is FF - so I want an epic game, and let them take their time. :P (Gives me also time to buy a PS3)

Also, I know am going to be killed for saying this, but I don't care how long they take. This is FF - so I want an epic game, and let them take their time. :P (Gives me also time to buy a PS3)

+1 to that.

Nomura is directing Versus right? And he's also doing character design for FF13. They are dropping the initial WW release plan to get it out in Japan asap.

did they ever say they were doing simultaneous WW release for FF 13??

bulovski I agree with you, man. I would not want the quality to be compromised as well. Let 'em take their time.

Hurry the f*ck up, Square!

Archived