Gaming PCs

AtheK

both are from some third party seller, which I'm not keen on buying from.

Earlier it was from WS Retail (flipkart). guess I'll have to wait. >_>

Waiting for the R9 280X's here and to be priced fair is moot ? FFS an MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC which retails at $299 ( $279 after rebate at some sites ) is going for 34K INR here. :eyepop:

Is it safe to import ? I mean just chances at customs , how much payable for high-end GPU's etc. Don't really care about warranty/RMA's. i'd avoid brands which are known to be.

both are from some third party seller, which I'm not keen on buying from.

Earlier it was from WS Retail (flipkart). guess I'll have to wait. >_>

I think the third-party companies are shell entities that flipkart has created to form an illusion of choice, no proof, just a hunch.

but in any case, both cards cannot be delivered to my address.

Home base, Sire?

Waiting for the R9 280X's here and to be priced fair is moot ? FFS an MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC which retails at $299 ( $279 after rebate at some sites ) is going for 34K INR here. :eyepop:

Yes, that plus the fact the Rupee has kept rubber-banding in value for the past few months does not help.

Is it safe to import ? I mean just chances at customs , how much payable for high-end GPU's etc. Don't really care about warranty/RMA's. i'd avoid brands which are known to be.

It is safe, yes. Customs generally don't charge anything if you can have it sent marked as a gift / relative (friend) brings it in an open state.

I think the custom is adjusted according to the value of the same after conversion, for items below ~35000/- it is a token sum but above that you get a significant surcharge attached. I can be wrong.

Also, sites like Amazon have stopped shipping internationally so you will have to use a shipping service which will charge you 12% -->15% cess if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I think the third-party companies are shell entities that flipkart has created to form an illusion of choice, no proof, just a hunch.

Home base, Sire?

Im from Mumbai.

If the third party was actually FK, they would still deliver to my address...

Im from Mumbai.

If the third party was actually FK, they would still deliver to my address...

Surprising that retailers are not delivering in Bombay. Maybe you can contact flipkart customer care and sort this out.

I thought you were in some back-water place like UP?

Nah. You can find almost all the 3rd party sellers by the same name on Amazon.in and Ebay (also some on Snapdeal).

^^ Apart from the HD7950 models, everything is priced high / is not worth the price. Especially the ZOTAC! design card. Galaxy has no support in India as far as I know.

Aaaaa... Snake, why don't you go to Lamington Rd. once and sort out the issue completely. Also, here are a couple of Bombay / Pune based e-retail sites that might come handy.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@Aplha: thats cause I will be buying it via CC/EMI. Works out better and it wont drain my account at once.

Also, dont wanna buy stuff from ITwares. The guy has zero respect for customers/potential customers.

Edited by Snake

@Aplha: thats cause I will be buying it via CC/EMI. Works out better and it wont drain my account at once.

Also, dont wanna buy stuff from ITwares. The guy has zero respect for customers/potential customers.

Agreed on both counts. I think waiting is all you can do for now.

Is there some EMI offer on FK? Coz otherwise you can just buy using CC at lamington road and have your bank convert to EMI as feasible.

Decided to wait for 3 more days, if the MSI aint in stock, then will have to seek an alternative GPU. Or else I wont one in time for BF4/CoD

posting it here only as having a sense of achievement that i learned to assemble a pc myself today :D !!

Congrats, even I learnt the ins and outs of PC assembling by the time I was your age :rolleyes:

Not yet, maybe in a few days...

Alright. Pre-orders will get to preload it, so that's a plus considering it will be a huge download.

posting it here only as having a sense of achievement that i learned to assemble a pc myself today :D !!

Good to know, we need more recruits.

May The Jugaad be with you.

congrats mate

Congrats, even I learnt the ins and outs of PC assembling by the time I was your age :rolleyes:

thnx bhaiya's :hug:

Good to know, we need more recruits.

May The Jugaad be with you.

thnx alpha :hug: