PS3 FAQ

CarbonCore

• 3 weeks later...

^Why don't you open up your unit and then ask others?

My question was targeted to users who have "upgraded" their hard drives and thus indicating they have already opened their units. If you haven't, then stop being a prick and posting an inane response.

My question was targeted to users who have "upgraded" their hard drives and thus indicating they have already opened their units. If you haven't, then stop being a prick and posting an inane response.

Dude ? Seriously just check ! No warranty gets voi ld and it's just one screw , the warranty is for opening up the whole PS3 . Sony has made the HDD drI've really accessible ..

Dude ? Seriously just check ! No warranty gets voi ld and it's just one screw , the warranty is for opening up the whole PS3 . Sony has made the HDD drI've really accessible ..

I was hoping to get a faster response out here, but looks like Google did the trick. I wanted to know the brand merely to fuse the HDD on my 360, had it been a Western Digital BEVT/VS. I would have ordered a separate HDD for the PS3 in that case. But alas, the slim has a Toshiba drive.

Dude, seriously?

Quick Query:

My PS3 is about to go bong, have been showing signs of ageing. Have already seen yellow light while switching it ON many times, obviously it takes more than one try to get it in working condition. So it's not to far that i have to get my PS3 to Sony service center to get it replaced with a new one.

So few queries related to it:

1) Mine is a 40gb phat(hdd upgraded to 320gb myself) bought in 2008 i guess. So its some >3 years old. How much will i have to pay to get it replaced with a new slim, as per Sony replacement policy?

2) I will jack that previous 40gb hdd back in and keep my 320gb hdd with me. I hope this is how it should be. Right ?

3) For those in Gurgaon, as i am also from same place, where do i get it replaced (Delhi/Gurgaon Sony Service center) coz i remember few years back calling Sony service center in Gurgaon and they said they don't entertain any complains related to PS3, its done in their Lajpat Nagar, Delhi branch. Is it still true? Any pointers towards getting replaced in Gurgaon itself.

4) What is the approximate time to get the black beauty back? I don't want to miss out on gaming and stay away for too long from my ivg mates :(

Thanks a lot in advance for reading this section. I hope i get a quick and meaningful response.

PS: I have already taken backup for my stuff on an external hdd.

Cheers :cheers:

you'll have to pay 50% of MRP.

You won't get to keep your current PS3 HDD with you. they will take the whole set.

Anyways when you insert a HDD in a diff PS3, it will ask to format it, so no point in it anyways.

there is a service center in gurgaon in Sector 14 called Advanced Electronics. I gave mine to these guys only. +91 124 410 2007

It will take at least 2 weeks.

Has anyone tried connecting a PS3 to a WIFI Hotspot? Does it work without any hassles for online gaming?

Like I'm going to Chennai tomorrow for the weekend, and I was hoping I'd take my PS3 along and play using the WIFI provided by the hotel.

Please help! Valuable input will be repped. Promise :P

So in effect, if I don't have PSN+ I've lost all saves? Coz my backup won't restore to a new PS3..amirite?

If you take a full backup of your PS3 data, you can restore it onto the new unit and its data will then be same as the previous one.

I called theservice centre in gurgaon and they told me I will have to give dd of Rs.11k something. my ps3 is 3 years and just 1 week old. So its falls in 50% category. I asked them to give me grace period of 1 week but they denied.

I bought it on 30th oct 2008.

They will give me 320gb slim in 2 weeks time.

Does it sound ok?

@sam: can they give me grace period of these few days that I have crossed just over 3 years so that I fall in 30% category?

Help.

Archived