Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS Fan

Will have an online mode. Sort of social mode. 

Middle-earth: Shadow of War players will have two ways to invade other people's Mordors when the game launches this year. The first of these is a new mission type called Social Conquest; the other sees the return of Vendettas from Shadow of Mordor with one or two tweaks.

In Social Conquest players can set up a captured fortress however they choose, installing an overlord and a series of captains from their existing follower base. They will also be able to purchase upgrades for their defending army before sharing that fortress online. After that other players will be free to assault the fortress using their own army, loading into the defending player's instance of Mordor and launching an attack.

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Doesn't bother me as long it doesn't affect who don't want to spend. This also includes the RNG/drop rate. They better not lower the drops for people who don't buy crates. QkfyLZn.png

LOL. What do you think will happen? 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:30 PM, Aftrunner said:

LOL. What do you think will happen? 

Yeah :rolleyes:

For all those who are wondering what's the harm with MT in a sp game, it's obvious that they are gonna elongate the grind and tweak the drop rates to incite the big spenders. It's gonna be at the regular gamers' expense.

All this sh*t makes sense in a ftp game. What's even the need for this in a sp game >_>

Edited by CM Sunny

36 minutes ago, CM Sunny said:

Yeah :rolleyes:

For all those who are wondering what's the harm with MT in a sp game, it's obvious that they are gonna elongate the grind and tweak the drop rates to incite the big spenders. It's gonna be at the regular gamers' expense.

All this sh*t makes sense in a ftp game. What's even the need for this in a sp game >_>

Coz there are some Nut cases who pay this money in Online versions so why not try in SP. Look at GTA Online,Fifa Points,Uncharted MP, etc. Nonsense :doh:

This is why I like these kind of videos where they try to spread the word and tell people not to buy these MT's and lick corporate arse. If this MT's will be successful for them then we'll start to see these things in every f**king game. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

This is why I like these kind of videos where they try to spread the word and tell people not to buy these MT's and lick corporate arse. If this MT's will be successful for them then we'll start to see these things in every f**king game. 

I don't like it man. But what should I do?  I really enjoyed first one :(.

Do you think boycotting is the best solution?  Don't think boycotting it will make major difference. Injustice 2 sold really well even with all microtransactions. 

If game is below 85 then I will not buy at launch.  

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, hope said:

Coz there are some Nut cases who pay this money in Online versions so why not try in SP. Look at GTA Online,Fifa Points,Uncharted MP, etc. Nonsense :doh:

Hmm as far as Gta online and Fifa Points go, atleast they are for mp modes that stand separated from the main game. The main issue with Sow is that the MT are tied in with the main game/sp mode and therefore they are for sure gonna tweak the game around it. That's really bad.

Sure the Deus Ex MT weren't invasive. However paying the developer for not playing their game as intended sounds f**ked up. So if Warner Bros publish a Dark Souls type game, are they gonna sell the souls as micro transactions? :rolleyes:

Edited by CM Sunny

10 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I don't like it man. But what should I do?  I really enjoyed first one :(.

Do you think boycotting is the best solution?  Don't think boycotting it will make major difference. Injustice 2 sold really well even with all microtransactions. 

If game is below 85 then I will not buy at launch.  

The guy 'Joe' clearly said that maybe you can buy the base game. Play it. If you like it then get the expansions if not then it's cool but DO NOT BUY ANY OF THOSE CHESTS WITH REAL MONEY.

This'll only make the things worse for us in the future. We'll get to see more MT's in SP games. Like this the DLC's/Expansions were born. 

After those tons and tons of gameplay videos I don't see that this is a mediocre game. Even has a potential to become a worthy successor, but these tricks to pull out more money from consumers by dividing the story via DLC's and these shitty MT's should be boycotted. 

55 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

After those tons and tons of gameplay videos I don't see that this is a mediocre game. Even has a potential to become a worthy successor, but these tricks to pull out more money from consumers by dividing the story via DLC's and these shitty MT's should be boycotted. 

Exactly, I was so hyped when it was initially revealed.

These things are just unnecessary distraction that just takes away from the main game.
Hopefully this doesnt become a trend >_>

16 minutes ago, CM Sunny said:

Exactly, I was so hyped when it was initially revealed.

These things are just unnecessary distraction that just takes away from the main game.
Hopefully this doesnt become a trend >_>

it is a trend.

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

The guy 'Joe' clearly said that maybe you can buy the base game. Play it. If you like it then get the expansions if not then it's cool but DO NOT BUY ANY OF THOSE CHESTS WITH REAL MONEY.

This'll only make the things worse for us in the future. We'll get to see more MT's in SP games. Like this the DLC's/Expansions were born. 

I hate to break it to you but that war has already been lost. 

5 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

>big nosed Orc 

>rubs hands

sometimes i wonder if these thinks are intentional

Heh. 

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yeah I was wrong. It's not mediocre.

It's sh*t.