The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

Ideally SATA slots are the same, but just to be sure open up your laptop and check the hard drive. If it is SATA (not mini SATA) then go ahead and plonk the SSD drive into it.

Thanks Pipy! Will have to open it up tomorrow.

I was gonna buy the SSD today, but saw a newer version with a migration kit releasing in a month. I guess it might be worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions for a gaming laptop that can play most modern games on high or ultra?(Budget is 1 to 1.2 lakhs)

The Asus ROG G750 series seem good but the new G751 Series looks way better.

Any idea when the G751 series will release in india? and any estimates on their pricing?

^ It would be better if you go for an Alienware or MSi Gaming series laptop.

Even then, do not expect these devices to last on MEDIUM -->HIGH settings for more than a year, most gaming grade laptops in India are not comparable to what you can import from outside, although imported ones lack the warranty support.

In your price band, try to look for a Core i7 (Haswell) based system coupled with a nVidia GTX8**M series GPU and as much RAM as possible.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is that the companies are not bringing competitive models into the market at that price point.

After-sales is a priority but if paying through your nose for the hardware is the barrier, I would go with something that gives me my performance without leaving a gaping hole in my wallet.

Hello, is it worth waiting for the y70?

Cheers.

Hello, is it worth waiting for the y70?

There is no guarantee that it will release in India, unless there has been any PR stating the same. So caveat emptor and make a choice.

Hey guys,

planning to buy a laptop in near future... i wanted to ask how is HP Stream??

I want something cheap and they are going for just $200 in USA . I want for day to day work ..like emails..office ...surfing ...watching movies when i am travelling(they seem to be very light as well) and ofcourse play very simple games like the walking dead ...the wolf of among us.. googoo basic point and click ones...

Hey guys,

planning to buy a laptop in near future... i wanted to ask how is HP Stream??

I want something cheap and they are going for just $200 in USA . I want for day to day work ..like emails..office ...surfing ...watching movies when i am travelling(they seem to be very light as well) and ofcourse play very simple games like the walking dead ...the wolf of among us.. googoo basic point and click ones...

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3531-1200BK-15-6-Inch-Processor/dp/B00KMRGF28/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1417547254&sr=1-1&keywords=laptop

Here's another option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, with regards to my earlier query, I had posted a message to MSI India regarding their launch of notebook with gtx 900 series in India. It seems the same is available now in India. I got a confirmation from them that gt72 dominator and ghost pro laptops with gtx 900 series are available with their local distributor. You guys can also PM them on their Facebook page and get the info. Thanks,