Limbo

MarketTantrik

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying the free demo. Sold.

Also the brutality is off the charts. Seriously, a kid getting impaled on spikes, chopped up in a bear trap, killed by a spider, drowned etc. Somehow it feels worse because its in black and white, colored and bloody it would have been cartoonish but black and white gives it a sober, sad tone. Little sickening. :|

I seriously loved the demo. The art direction, the sombre mood and the gameplay - everything is perfect. The only thing that's stopping me from buying it is my general tendency to fail at puzzle platformers and I can see this getting extremely tricky later on. I still haven't finished Braid... :fear: On top of that I'm finding it hard to choose between this, Shank and Lara Croft.

On top of that I'm finding it hard to choose between this, Shank and Lara Croft.

i can't offer any insight on limbo, but i will say that shank and lara will both come to steam soon. which means they will also see massive discounts soon enough (big christmas sale probably). if you're having trouble figuring out which of them is worth the money, get limbo now and with a little bit of patience, you should be able to get both shank and lara on steam for less than what you will pay for limbo alone.

full disclosure... i'll get another friend to coop those games with on steam if you choose to buy them there :P, but that isn't the reason why i'm suggesting this. it's what i'd do if i had a 360.

The only thing that's stopping me from buying it is my general tendency to fail at puzzle platformers and I can see this getting extremely tricky later on.

Don't let that stop you. The puzzles are extremely well designed but all they require is common sense. It's the kind of stuff that once you clear it, you'll wonder why it took you so long. Must-buy.

peace

• 7 months later...

Heads up. This along with a bunch of other games is gonna go half price for one day only.

15th April: Limbo, Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Monday Night Combat (600 Points each, 50 per cent off)

Archived