The Android Thread

pArth

Yay. Payment went through. Just got confirmation. :wOOtjumpy: Thank you guys :coolspeak:

Which cover and screen guard are you guys contemplating on buying or have already bought. Suggestions please.

P.S: No i am being spammed by Flipkart. Half dozen SMS and Emails saying that the order has been confirmed. Get it together FlipKart :loco:

:samui:

"still in transit to rangapuri facility" might cancel if i hear more of this. the phone looks more plasticky for my liking

Don't sweat. If you're First customer, just a mail would do.

They're delivering stuff now to U.P? i remember few of my friends who lived in U.P had to get their Moto G via their relatives in Delhi. :lol:

Delhivery is the worst courier service ever. Its a horror!! I have had really bad experiences with HK, SD,FK. Have specifically told them not to use Delhivery. Your case should be not too much of a problem i hope. Considering local delivery.

Even I got my Moto G through Delhi (via Abhinit aka Miley sucker). But this one surprisingly did not throw any error, so ordered ! :D

Got it at 9 AM. Great phone! Amazing build and UI.

Big name manufacturers --> :rofl: :rofl:

Obligatory *beep* you KEYO !

_|_

It has the old Snapdragon 800. :ha:

So S800 is.... old ? :/

mi3 has old variant of 800.

Mi4 should not only have 1gb of extra ram but 801 with LTE, 8mp front, quick charge (i believe charging in mi3 is painfully slow) and THAT stainless steel body.

So the version in the Mi3 is technically an 801 if you go by Qualcomm's nomenclature. I think it's an 8274-AB. Have they specified the Mi4 SoC model?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_%28system_on_chip%29#Snapdragon_801

Edited by Keyofx
  • Like 1

So the version in the Mi3 is technically an 801 if you go by Qualcomm's nomenclature. I think it's an 8274-AB. Have they specified the Mi4 SoC model?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_%28system_on_chip%29#Snapdragon_801

Yeah. 8*74AB series are technically 801.

Mi Band wearable fitness tracker will be available for just $13

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-xiaomi-mi-band-will-cost-just-13/

Another cool feature that was announced is its ability to work as a proximity security unlock for your Xiaomi smartphone. If you hold your phone in the same hand as you're wearing the band, the phone will automatically unlock without requiring a password. It will not work if you're holding the phone in your other hand.
Edited by The Wolfy among us

Xiaomi's $13 fitness band can also unlock your phone

The "one more thing" at the Xiaomi MI4 launch was the Mi Band, the Chinese company's first smart wearable, and it's obviously aggressively priced: Just CN¥79 or about $13! Like many of its competitors, the Mi Band tracks your movement (walking or running) plus sleeping pattern, and you can also use it as a smart alarm to wake up feeling better. Interestingly, a single charge on this waterproof device will last up to 30 days, which easily beats it competitors that tend to last for a week or less. Better yet, the band doubles as a security token that automatically unlocks your phone -- likely just Xiaomi's for now -- when within proximity.

USD 13!

xiaomi-mi-band-en.jpg

Oh Xiaomi <3

So S800 is.... old ? :/

Very. I should know. I have an Xperia Z1 :(

So the version in the Mi3 is technically an 801 if you go by Qualcomm's nomenclature.

While the 8274 AB is supposed to be a 801, the GPU clock on the Mi3 is 450 MHz which tallies with the 800 spec.

So, underclocked GPU maybe?