Microsoft "Rooting" for Remaining Halo 2 Players

The group of dedicated Halo 2 fans who have managed to keep playing by leaving their Xbox Live accounts logged in have a fan in Microsoft.

In his weekly podcast (via Kotaku), Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said that they have no intention of shutting down the group collectively known as the "Halo 2 Twelve."

"If you're one of the 'Halo 2 Twelve' still playing, know that we're rooting for you, we think what you're doing is great, and [we] are not going to pull the rug out from under you," he said.

The remaining players were part of a larger contingent who continued playing long after the release of Halo 3. To reward their dedication, Microsoft gave them free Halo: Reach beta codes and other perks.

A substantial number continued playing past the official deadline for the service's shutdown, but their numbers have since dwindled to twelve thanks to factors such as overheating consoles, power outages and dropped connections.

Until the remaining twelve join their brethren though, they're free to play for as long as they want.

source

Yeah but its been 5 years since release. 20 days since the servers went down. And about 12 people in the world in total are playing it. And all of them have been keeping their Xbox turned on for the past 20 days. And signed in to XBL. NON STOP. I got nothing against devotion for a game but this borders on lunacy.

Yeah but its been 5 years since release. 20 days since the servers went down. And about 12 people in the world in total are playing it. And all of them have been keeping their Xbox turned on for the past 20 days. And signed in to XBL. NON STOP. I got nothing against devotion for a game but this borders on lunacy.

But they must be the most hardcore halo fans.....not lunatics!

how can they play if the servers are down :gunsmilie:

am i missing something here ?

I think they serves can't go down until no one is playing the game anymore.....at least one server will be running to support these 12 players.....

Of course this is my theory and I could be wrong :rofl:

Archived