The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

Finally finished the 4th book of The Mask of Fudo, and I am left speechless. Even by the last panel, the book is so full of intrigue, emotions, supernatural, good and evil. 

Absolutely recommended for anyone who wants to see what comic as a medium can achieve. 

People who only read DC or Marvel should really give such efforts a look. They're far superior to the kind of mainstream published sh*t. 

Humanoids is an awesome publisher. Their pedigree is filled with unique works. The Fire of Theseus is also by them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

How are you pulling out time to read these with work, kids and no maid it's really tough 

We are having maids over. 

Rest, all readings on weekend. Mostly when kids are sleeping. I do try to read few pages before going to bed almost everyday. 

16 minutes ago, achilles said:

@Bird Bird Bird bruh where can I get these? What’s a neat sub service? ComiXology app shows nothing. The only option is to add to wish list. 

The ones I mentioned above can be bought from Humanoids site. For most other, you can either sub from individual publisher's app or go to the high seas. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, achilles said:

@Bird Bird Bird bruh where can I get these? What’s a neat sub service? ComiXology app shows nothing. The only option is to add to wish list. 

I just checked Comixology too. All these comics are a part of Comixology unlimited sub. 

It's a great value if you read a lot tbh. They have a great collection. 

On 5/30/2021 at 2:58 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Let's give this one a go:

a7yjEmV.jpg

Finished 3 volumes yday (from a total of 10). Quite an epic adventure if I'm being honest. An aquatic story done right. I really hope they make a TV series out of this. 

Humanoids publishes some good sh*t. Respect. :majesty:

On 5/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Finally finished the 4th book of The Mask of Fudo, and I am left speechless. Even by the last panel, the book is so full of intrigue, emotions, supernatural, good and evil. 

Absolutely recommended for anyone who wants to see what comic as a medium can achieve. 

People who only read DC or Marvel should really give such efforts a look. They're far superior to the kind of mainstream published sh*t. 

Humanoids is an awesome publisher. Their pedigree is filled with unique works. The Fire of Theseus is also by them. 

I read the first part. Found it bang average story wise, though the artwork was superb. 

16 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I read the first part. Found it bang average story wise, though the artwork was superb. 

Edit: Confused the comment with the other GN. 

Story is cliched to an extent, but does get much unpredictable and better in other volumes. The art is what elevates it to a different level. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I'll not recommend reading the spoiler. Come back once you're done:

Spoiler

The point when the mask and him become one. Mask is broken, but it is imprinted on his face - goosebumps. The transformation is complete. 

And finally when Kaida kills herself to show him her devotion. Feels, man. 

• Like 1

And finally finished all 10 books of Carthago. 

Extremely bittersweet ending. Amazing tale of exploration and discovery. This can very well be an epic 10 episode TV show. 

The story, imagery, vividness, emotion, complexity is all 10/10. :majesty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's an unwritten rule that any Guy Delisle book should not be read digitally. 

Stoked to get this finally. Released just about 3 weeks back. 

VEyUDKS.jpg

wHzLhEy.jpg

If anyone is new to GNs or wants to know what such a media can do, I highly recommend Burma Chronicles by Guy Delisle. One of the earliest books which hooked me into searching comics beyond superheroes. 

Of course, you can also read anything by Marjane Satrapi or Julia Wertz. 

• 2 weeks later...

Raj comics is back with their new comic Sarp Satra and holy sh*t it has Nagraj and Tausi. How the f**k did they get rights to Tausi? I ordered it on Amazon to check if writing has improved. First comic in years.

5 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Raj comics is back with their new comic Sarp Satra and holy sh*t it has Nagraj and Tausi. How the f**k did they get rights to Tausi? I ordered it on Amazon to check if writing has improved. First comic in years.

Thanks for the heads up. Their own site isn't updated.